Another Manager Poll

Who Should Be the Latest Next Manager?

  • Nicky Forster

    Votes: 139 27.0%
  • Gary Johnson

    Votes: 66 12.8%
  • Martin Allen

    Votes: 76 14.8%
  • Chris Hughton

    Votes: 47 9.1%
  • Steve Coppell

    Votes: 78 15.2%
  • Alan Curbishley

    Votes: 42 8.2%
  • Roberto di Matteo

    Votes: 82 16.0%
  • Paulo Sousa

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Dean Holdsworth

    Votes: 14 2.7%
  • Paul Buckle

    Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Keith Hill

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Jim Magilton

    Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Director of Football / Forster

    Votes: 126 24.5%
  • Someone Else (Please Add Name to Thread)

    Votes: 18 3.5%

  • Total voters
    514
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Manager Poll

Well you say that you understand that he would like one but then tell me that you will ask him yourself. Why would you need to ask him again if you are satisfied that your understanding is correct.

NF has an assistant in Mark Warburton a highly qualified coach. You seem to be suggesting that you have information that NF would like to have an assistant of his own choosing and this is less than one week after NF agreed with enthusiasm to continue through to the end of the season with MW as his assistant. So the answer is that NF should come to the Exec Team and explain why he would want another assistant.

The comment "i'll ask him myself" was tongue in cheek abee hence the thumbs up but i will stick by what i believe to be an appointment for Fozzy and Mark Warburton if only to guide them through to the end of the season as we have what i consider to be some difficult fixtures ahead and more importantly we are not out of the woods just yet in our quest for 50+points to guarantee League 1 football next season.At the end of the day Fozzy is an inexperienced manager as is Mark Warburton an inexperienced coach at this level,i know he has uefa a+b licence but is still a rookie in league terms,and thats where i believe an appointment of someone with intensive knowledge of league football would be an asset not only for Fozzy and MW but for BFC aswell.Absentbee called me a negative poster but when 33% of this poll voted for a DoF ,of which i was one,i for one cannot see anything negative about asking for support for our current management team.Maybe you can ask him abee,now theres an idea
 

Another Manager Poll

Im liking the new improved Brentford under NF. I like the style he is trying to impose on the team, its been a long time since we have seen good passing football at GP and we are keeping the ball rather than just giving it away to the opposite team. Right now we just lack in the final third, but with the right strike partnership in NF's system we can be a great team!

The most important thing for me, is right now i look forward to watching and coming to GP to see us play! Which I havent done for a long time!
Despite losing to Brighton I thought we were pretty dam good! If we can go toe to toe, im pleased!
Warburton seems like a good man to have along side an inexperienced manger.
I hope NF and Warburton do well, and shall see if results carry on to be good.
 

Another Manager Poll

Im liking the new improved Brentford under NF. I like the style he is trying to impose on the team, its been a long time since we have seen good passing football at GP and we are keeping the ball rather than just giving it away to the opposite team. Right now we just lack in the final third, but with the right strike partnership in NF's system we can be a great team!

The most important thing for me, is right now i look forward to watching and coming to GP to see us play! Which I havent done for a long time! Despite losing to Brighton I thought we were pretty dam good! If we can go toe to toe, im pleased!
Warburton seems like a good man to have along side an inexperienced manger.
I hope NF and Warburton do well, and shall see if results carry on to be good.

Totaly agree
 

Another Manager Poll

how many points were we away from the bottom 4 the day scott was sacked compared now? Not much difference i doubt...Hughton has my vote btw but not if were in league 2

I think Sonofabee makes a very pertinant point regarding where we would be had Scott not been replaced as I fear that we were on such a downwards curve that we would have bbeen lucky to get any points in the interim and would have relied upon Lee to save our bacon and get us to Webley.

I feel certain that we will garner sufficient points to ensure survival in this league and will hope that whoever is in charge next term we can improve even further on the performances that we are now seeing. I would add that as a rule my glass is more empty than half full!!!i
 

Another Manager Poll

Inappropriate Smilies Bee said:
i am only trying to raise a smile not kill anyone.

Inappropriate Smilies Bee said:
...........like most i find you extremely rude and respond as such.

Yesterday your explanation for your posts about me was that you were rude to me because 'most people' (presumably on the GPG) consider me extremely rude and you dealt with me in the same way.

Now it's just to raise a smile. Oh well.....job done I guess.

Inappropriate Smilies Bee said:
.............got your hench men in to do your dirty work i see you drama queen even though you "fight your own battles" and "can handle yourself" and all that nonsense :rolleyes: i will call you "a bird" as requested as it seems very very appropriate. :rolleyes: :sorted:

Well you can of course call me whatever you like if it gives you pleasure and amusement and I gather from your post that this is going to continue even though I have asked you very politely as one Bees supporter to another to please stop. Another day and more of the same. As I posted yesterday I shall continue to try and respond to reasonable questions.
 
Last edited:

Another Manager Poll

Can we please have some consideration for abee's postings on here.I do feel we are fortunate to have his comments, and far from being rude, I read his comments as being to the point, which is no bad thing.
 

Another Manager Poll

Think the last 2 games have been more interesting with regards to the new manager position than the previous 5, seeing how Forster and Warburton's and we react to defeat(s). One a thumping and one with a good display.

Gradually Nicky is putting his marker down,

Selection - Legge, Pim, Bean, O'Connor and Weston have all been benched in the last two weeks and Nicky states they are all fit to play, so it's good to see no one has a right to the shirt, young players who look to play ball to feet breaking in, picked, box ticked.

Style - well Saunders and Tourmani must think the wheel of fortune has turned full circle, Scott gone, some players suffer, others prosper, these two have benefitted but Forster has inherited players that are 'square pegs in round holes' for his fluid system, so box not ticked here, but most fans can see promise.

Results - for a month's worth - big tick - even a new man coming in on Feb 3 would have struggled to have the month Forster has had.

From here on in, 13 games to impress the board me thinks, can Forster and Warburton coach, it looks promising. The club has to get into the Championship to prosper, a big name lurking in the wings possible.

We have some surgery to do in the summer and the forwards will be the first call, I'm convinced Forster has the right philosophy, but already in a few games, strikes me as conservative, he has to show a little more belief in my mind to land the job, go for the win, change a game, be bold, sometimes to win you have to gamble on losing.

It was a good sound decision for the club that Forster has the job untll May but I'm watching with interest if Nicky is brave enough to stake a claim, cautious and conservative will see him back in the ranks come June, bright and brave may lead to other things entirely! :wave:

You and the Pipe are posting far too sensible posts on a regular basis, agree 100%
 

Another Manager Poll

Yesterday your explanation for your posts about me was that you were rude to me because 'most people' (presumably on the GPG) consider me extremely rude and you dealt with me in the same way.
Now it's just to raise a smile. Oh well.....job done I guess.
Well you can of course call me whatever you like if it gives you pleasure and amusement and I gather from your post that this is going to continue even though I have asked you very politely as one Bees supporter to another to please stop. Another day and more of the same. As I posted yesterday I shall continue to try and respond to reasonable questions.

oh for goodness sake.

when i said i try to "raise a smile rather than killing people" it was very clear i was reponding to Flybee's general character assassination that that he finds all my posts tiresome and his being generally quite personal & insulting about how unfunny i am. i meant that my posts are either trying (unsuccessfully clearly) to make people smile or out of love for BFC, hence i was suprised at his rudeness. i think you knew this really.

ok i should have said "many people" rather than "most people" on here find you rude before you start a poll. apologies once again. your go... :sorted:
 

Another Manager Poll

oh for goodness sake.

when i said i try to "raise a smile rather than killing people" it was very clear i was reponding to Flybee's general character assassination that that he finds all my posts tiresome and his being generally quite personal & insulting about how unfunny i am. i meant that my posts are either trying (unsuccessfully clearly) to make people smile or out of love for BFC, hence i was suprised at his rudeness. i think you knew this really.

ok i should have said "many people" rather than "most people" on here find you rude before you start a poll. apologies once again. your go... :sorted:

The first rule of 'Wind-Up Club is don't allow yourself to be counter wound up.
 

Another Manager Poll

more rudeness, you seem to really hate me. i will look out for you and your rivetting posts in future then "mate". just to clarify i am only trying to raise a smile not kill anyone.

A few points just to clear up please.

Care to direct me to a post where I've been rude to you? I don't think you'll find one.
I am not a henchman for abee. He doesn't need them.
How can I "hate" you? I don't know you. I just find some of your posts distasteful and irritating.
But your not funny, and I am trying to be kind by telling you. Your posts have become childish and, of late, offensive towards another poster and Director of BFC which I think does you no favours.
Apologies if my comments upset you. I genuinely wouldn't have thought you would have taken them so personally.

That's all. Now can we get back to supporting BFC and being Bees brothers. Please?
 

Another Manager Poll

If we were tracking a Manager still in contract I wouldn't shocked or upset if it was Tisdale who continues to do a great job. He's no one season wonder, his teams play the right way, he wheels and deals well with liitle funds, attracts quality loanees and his teams try to play attractive football.
 

Another Manager Poll

If we were tracking a Manager still in contract I wouldn't shocked or upset if it was Tisdale who continues to do a great job. He's no one season wonder, his teams play the right way, he wheels and deals well with liitle funds, attracts quality loanees and his teams try to play attractive football.

Good Call.
 

Another Manager Poll

If we were tracking a Manager still in contract I wouldn't shocked or upset if it was Tisdale who continues to do a great job. He's no one season wonder, his teams play the right way, he wheels and deals well with liitle funds, attracts quality loanees and his teams try to play attractive football.

Wouldn't come to GP for all the tea in china.And i know that for a fact.He thanks his old assistant for directing players in his direction like.........that would be name dropping.........good bloke his old assistant.abee can we have a word please :D
 

Another Manager Poll

:imwith:

I look out for ISB's posts at times when it is getting too serious on here. I think to appreciate the posts involves being able to get the joke though.

Should a post be taken 2 ways most times or read as written?
I like to read a post and not think for 5 mins,did he mean something else.
 

Another Manager Poll

Wouldn't come to GP for all the tea in china.And i know that for a fact.He thanks his old assistant for directing players in his direction like.........that would be name dropping.........good bloke his old assistant.abee can we have a word please :D

Thanks, pure speculation on my part. Who is his old assistant?
 

Another Manager Poll

Just looking through the leagues I cannot see anyone currently employed who would do better than di Matteo for us. I'm amazed he hasn't been snapped up already. I'm sure I've been told before that he's out of our league, but recruiting him would be a huge statement.
 

Another Manager Poll

Thanks, pure speculation on my part. Who is his old assistant?

He is a guy called John Yems.Was at Crawley Town after Hollins quit and joined Tisdale when they were in the Conference and took them up to L1.Extremely well respected within the game for looking out for players who haven't got agents and setting them up with clubs.Scouts mainly and knows this division inside out.Does a bit of coaching in academies with those that give him a call or even with their 1st team if thats what they want.Took a bit of stick from Evans(steven) when he joined Crawley which was unjust in my view as Evans no longer possesses a mirror because he is not Cary Grant more Hugh Grants backside imo.
 

Another Manager Poll

Just looking through the leagues I cannot see anyone currently employed who would do better than di Matteo for us. I'm amazed he hasn't been snapped up already. I'm sure I've been told before that he's out of our league, but recruiting him would be a huge statement.

Agreed.

If we were tracking a Manager still in contract I wouldn't shocked or upset if it was Tisdale who continues to do a great job. He's no one season wonder, his teams play the right way, he wheels and deals well with liitle funds, attracts quality loanees and his teams try to play attractive football.

He's supposedly leaving for Swindon in the summer. No doubt he's a decent manager but Exeter fans aren't entirely complimentary of him. I don't recall him being linked with too many high profile jobs either. If we're going for a manager in employment, I'd much prefer Keith Hill at Rochdale. I think he'd be great for us if we can't get a Di Matteo or Curbishley.
 

Another Manager Poll

The comment "i'll ask him myself" was tongue in cheek abee hence the thumbs up but i will stick by what i believe to be an appointment for Fozzy and Mark Warburton if only to guide them through to the end of the season as we have what i consider to be some difficult fixtures ahead and more importantly we are not out of the woods just yet in our quest for 50+points to guarantee League 1 football next season.At the end of the day Fozzy is an inexperienced manager as is Mark Warburton an inexperienced coach at this level,i know he has uefa a+b licence but is still a rookie in league terms,and thats where i believe an appointment of someone with intensive knowledge of league football would be an asset not only for Fozzy and MW but for BFC aswell.Absentbee called me a negative poster but when 33% of this poll voted for a DoF ,of which i was one,i for one cannot see anything negative about asking for support for our current management team.Maybe you can ask him abee,now theres an idea

mmm, did I? I was applauding Abee's patience in continually responding to "negative and questioning" posts. I. for one, would not have such patience.
It does seem the points you raise are because you want the best for bfc so fair play.
 

Another Manager Poll

mmm, did I? I was applauding Abee's patience in continually responding to "negative and questioning" posts. I. for one, would not have such patience.
It does seem the points you raise are because you want the best for bfc so fair play.

10 out of 10 absentbee 10 out of 10.I thank you sir
 

Another Manager Poll

Agreed.



He's supposedly leaving for Swindon in the summer. No doubt he's a decent manager but Exeter fans aren't entirely complimentary of him. I don't recall him being linked with too many high profile jobs either. If we're going for a manager in employment, I'd much prefer Keith Hill at Rochdale. I think he'd be great for us if we can't get a Di Matteo or Curbishley.

Tisdale was offered the Swansea job after Martinez left for Wigan on a decent salary and a sizeable budget.He turned it down because he felt that he had unfinished business at Exeter.That is fact because i had money on him getting the job at 7/1,w##k#r
 

Another Manager Poll

If we were tracking a Manager still in contract I wouldn't shocked or upset if it was Tisdale who continues to do a great job. He's no one season wonder, his teams play the right way, he wheels and deals well with liitle funds, attracts quality loanees and his teams try to play attractive football.

Could also be said of Keith Hill, but his wardrobe wouldn't cost as much.
 

Another Manager Poll

I like the idea of Tisdale, Still or Hill. The jobs they have done at their respective clubs has been magnificient. Would be over the moon if we got Di Matteo.
 

Another Manager Poll

I like the idea of Tisdale, Still or Hill. The jobs they have done at their respective clubs has been magnificient. Would be over the moon if we got Di Matteo.

Agree Tisdale, Still and Hill have done well at this level and below, but no experience further up the greasy pole. I would like us to be more ambitious and make a statement, whether we can or not is another matter.
 

Another Manager Poll

if we pay to get tisdale, can we get perryman for upstairs on a BOGOF?
 

Another Manager Poll

I'd like Fozzy to sign on loan a couple of decent ,Zimmerless strikers and see what he can do the remainder of this season .
 

Another Manager Poll

Agree Tisdale, Still and Hill have done well at this level and below, but no experience further up the greasy pole. I would like us to be more ambitious and make a statement, whether we can or not is another matter.

After Abee's comments in Tuesday's interview, the new way Academies have to be run is going to mighty expensive if we go for level 1/2, as I understand, rather than level 3/4. Mr MB won't, presumably bee increasing the playing budget contribution to accomodate someone of Di Matteo's level, as he'll be having to fork out more funds to go down the Academy 1/2 route, if that is what he wants to do. It seems he is very keen to establish such a system here.
 

Another Manager Poll

John Still......I have loads of respect for this chap, I enjoy his honesty and humour in interviews and wish he and his club good fortune but FFS chaps. MB has taken us to a new level with a bit of cash to spend, we don't need a brilliant bargain basement finder and motivator who is punching way above his weight, we need someone who can spend money wisely and push us on, does John Still really fit that bill?
 

Another Manager Poll

John Still......I have loads of respect for this chap, I enjoy his honesty and humour in interviews and wish he and his club good fortune but FFS chaps. MB has taken us to a new level with a bit of cash to spend, we don't need a brilliant bargain basement finder and motivator who is punching way above his weight, we need someone who can spend money wisely and push us on, does John Still really fit that bill?

:imwith: Perhaps we can offer him a job as a scout .....
 

Another Manager Poll

John Still......I have loads of respect for this chap, I enjoy his honesty and humour in interviews and wish he and his club good fortune but FFS chaps. MB has taken us to a new level with a bit of cash to spend, we don't need a brilliant bargain basement finder and motivator who is punching way above his weight, we need someone who can spend money wisely and push us on, does John Still really fit that bill?

I agree.

proven manager + centre mid + 25 goal striker = Championship
 

Another Manager Poll

I reckon the next man could already be employed as a coach or assistant somewhere up the divisions.

I get the impression the board are trying unearth the next Brendan Rodgers or Gus Poyet.
 

Another Manager Poll

Another Manager Poll

Agree Tisdale, Still and Hill have done well at this level and below, but no experience further up the greasy pole. I would like us to be more ambitious and make a statement, whether we can or not is another matter.

I'm sure this is how the people making the decision are thinking as well. But if we can't get someone like Di Matteo or Curbishley, the next best thing would be Hill and possibly Tisdale, in my opinion. Keith Hill is an brilliant manager and not just because of his success on a shoestring budget; his sides play very good football. The style of football the board and Benham want to see us playing. Of course it would be a gamble but any appointment would be. But like you, I hope we can convince Di Matteo or someone of similar quality (Hughton, O'Driscoll if he left Doncaster) to come.

if we pay to get tisdale, can we get perryman for upstairs on a BOGOF?

Doubt it. He is happy living in the West Country.

After Abee's comments in Tuesday's interview, the new way Academies have to be run is going to mighty expensive if we go for level 1/2, as I understand, rather than level 3/4. Mr MB won't, presumably bee increasing the playing budget contribution to accomodate someone of Di Matteo's level, as he'll be having to fork out more funds to go down the Academy 1/2 route, if that is what he wants to do. It seems he is very keen to establish such a system here.

abee also said he sees no reason why MB wouldn't continue to invest in the club. There's no point having a high standard academy if the first team are fighting relegation battles in L1 and I'm sure MB knows this. I would be hopeful that MB will commit to investing in the first team and management of the club first and foremost before pursuing a level 1/2 academy. By all accounts, he's totally dedicated to the BFC cause and is a very very wealthy man who's in this for the long haul. I have every faith in him delivering on both fronts, but of course it's his money to spend as he wants.

I hope abee is right when he says it should be resolved "before the summer" because there will be a lot of clubs searching for new managers in May/June. Let's get our man quickly and get a head start on the likes of Swindon.

I don't; it would show we have only League 1 ambitions...

I'd sooner see Hill or Tisdale at the club than a washed up higher division manager like Gary Megson or Peter Taylor. Keith Hill especially is one of the best managers in the Football League and Rochdale are lucky to have him. I consider him in the same mould as Eddie Howe. He will go on to manage at a higher level and if that were with us, fantastic.

John Still......I have loads of respect for this chap, I enjoy his honesty and humour in interviews and wish he and his club good fortune but FFS chaps. MB has taken us to a new level with a bit of cash to spend, we don't need a brilliant bargain basement finder and motivator who is punching way above his weight, we need someone who can spend money wisely and push us on, does John Still really fit that bill?

Spot on. If we were in League Two, I'd like Still at the club but we've got to look beyond him now. Also at his age, I can't see him leaving Dagenham, he built that club.
 

Another Manager Poll

i still don't get the phrase "on a permanent basis until the end of the season"!

i did however watch the movie 2012 last night and have woken up to see the news reports of japan...

do the board know the world's about to end? if so, why hasn't it been mentioned on the official website?
 

Another Manager Poll

i still don't get the phrase "on a permanent basis until the end of the season"!

i did however watch the movie 2012 last night and have woken up to see the news reports of japan...

do the board know the world's about to end? if so, why hasn't it been mentioned on the official website?

It's not 2012 yet...one of the signs of the coming of the apocalyspe is Fulham and QPR in the Premiership
Surely that will never happen :banghead:
 

Another Manager Poll

I know we can't leave it too late, but if Forster manages a top-half finish, a cup win, and entertaining football (even 2 out of 3) he'd deserve a go next season, so I'd give it at least another month before contacting other people, though the Board should be (and probably are) developing contingency options if it works out less well
 

Another Manager Poll

It's not 2012 yet...one of the signs of the coming of the apocalyspe is Fulham and QPR in the Premiership

It will certainly look like the end of the world after the Ra Ras pop over to Fulham for a game.
 

Another Manager Poll

Could he smoke out the whole of the Winchester Club in one foul swoop while trying to give food poisoning to a load of bog rats.I think not. Good work
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom