Another Manager Poll

Who Should Be the Latest Next Manager?

  • Nicky Forster

    Votes: 139 27.0%
  • Gary Johnson

    Votes: 66 12.8%
  • Martin Allen

    Votes: 76 14.8%
  • Chris Hughton

    Votes: 47 9.1%
  • Steve Coppell

    Votes: 78 15.2%
  • Alan Curbishley

    Votes: 42 8.2%
  • Roberto di Matteo

    Votes: 82 16.0%
  • Paulo Sousa

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Dean Holdsworth

    Votes: 14 2.7%
  • Paul Buckle

    Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Keith Hill

    Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Jim Magilton

    Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Director of Football / Forster

    Votes: 126 24.5%
  • Someone Else (Please Add Name to Thread)

    Votes: 18 3.5%

  • Total voters
    514
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Manager Poll

i sincerely hope jim gannon is not linked with the job! i guess AS to port vale is a possibility though.
 

Another Manager Poll

I think the board need look no further than the present duo in charge . Good football , stood toe to toe with the league leaders , had two defeats and bounced back beating the inform team of the division .
 

Another Manager Poll

I think the board need look no further than the present duo in charge . Good football , stood toe to toe with the league leaders , had two defeats and bounced back beating the inform team of the division .

To the top two sides in the League, one of whom will win it with 95+ points.
 

Another Manager Poll

MA new manager @ Barnet confirmed on TalkSport.........
 

Another Manager Poll

so desperate to be Bees manager he's took this post temporarilly. good luck legend.

:owusu:
 

Another Manager Poll

12 games into Nicky's reign now. Time to take stock before the big final next weekend. He took over at a time when the squad was at a really low ebb. They seemed to lack any confidence or cohesion culminating in the Dagenham disaster. Worse still the team did not look interested. That night was one of the worst I can remember as a Brentford fan. The result left us 2 points above the relegation zone and staring down the barrel with only 1 point coming from the last 7 games.

Since then we have seen a big change not just in the results, but also in the style of football and spirit of the team. Players who were playing badly suddenly turned things round and the fun and enjoyment started flowing back. We still lack firepower but have become harder to play against and ground out results in games I am sure we would previously lost. We look more organised and Nicky has largely used common sense with his team selections and tactics. He has brought in some useful loan signings and made the best of what he has at his disposal. To be fair to Scott the squad really isn't that bad but he got the tactics, team selection and man management wrong. He was also a bit unlucky IMO.

So since taking charge we have played 11 league games. W6 D2 L3 ( 2 of the defeats were against the top 2 in the division, 1 to a 93rd minute goal and 1 to an OG) which gives a pretty healthy 1.82 points per game. If we had maintained that from the start of the season we would be 2nd in the table. If we continue like that for the rest of the season I cannot see how Nicky does not deserve to get the job on a permanent basis especially if we lift the cup next Sunday.

If we can add a bit more quality up front and 2 or 3 more key signings I can really see us doing well next season.
 

Another Manager Poll

Steve Coppell was at the match last night... :idea:

As was Boothroyd! :eek:

Looking at the situation now, the club could go down one of three routes. Bring in a new young manager, with his own ideas and management team (Di Matteo, Hill, Tisdale, etc) and lose Forster, possibly Warburton. They could bring in somebody very well respected such as Coppell (very unlikely) or Curbishley (definitely an outside chance) who Forster (and maybe Warburton) would be happy to work under and potentially take over from further down the line. Or continue with what we've got as it seems to be working at the moment.

God knows what the club will do, or indeed what they CAN do but it's certainly an exciting time. I haven't made my mind up as firmly as some have regarding Forster getting the gig permanently. It's definitely looking good and I wouldn't object to it but I still worry we're getting carried away with how the results and style of play in the absence of our previous manager.
 

Another Manager Poll

From what Andrew Mills has said on the OS and Alan Bird on Beesplayer, the interviewing process should have begun around now. Understand if he can't but could abee please confirm or deny this? ;)

Just interested where we are in the process.
 

Another Manager Poll

IMHO I would only want someone who could add value to what Nicky and Mark are doing at the moment. Steve C as support when things go wrong as a wise old head and add some good contacts would be good. However I am struggling to think anyone could to better in those depts that NF and MW have addressed the type of play, getting better players in, improving morale etc etc. To be honest if they continue as they are, it's going to be hard for the board NOT to hand them the job, Gary Johnson is not setting Northants alive, and he was most peoples no 1 ( including my own )
 

Another Manager Poll

Win tomorrow and win on Sunday and the job will be his IMHO. He is currently the favourite and if we win the next two it will probably seal the deal.
 

Another Manager Poll

Steve Coppell was at the match last night... :idea:

Bugger does that mean my application will be turned down since I was training my U16's team instead....................................

Paul Merson has been seen a few times also
 

Another Manager Poll

12 games into Nicky's reign now. Time to take stock before the big final next weekend. He took over at a time when the squad was at a really low ebb. They seemed to lack any confidence or cohesion culminating in the Dagenham disaster. Worse still the team did not look interested. That night was one of the worst I can remember as a Brentford fan. The result left us 2 points above the relegation zone and staring down the barrel with only 1 point coming from the last 7 games.

Since then we have seen a big change not just in the results, but also in the style of football and spirit of the team. Players who were playing badly suddenly turned things round and the fun and enjoyment started flowing back. We still lack firepower but have become harder to play against and ground out results in games I am sure we would previously lost. We look more organised and Nicky has largely used common sense with his team selections and tactics. He has brought in some useful loan signings and made the best of what he has at his disposal. To be fair to Scott the squad really isn't that bad but he got the tactics, team selection and man management wrong. He was also a bit unlucky IMO.

So since taking charge we have played 11 league games. W6 D2 L3 ( 2 of the defeats were against the top 2 in the division, 1 to a 93rd minute goal and 1 to an OG) which gives a pretty healthy 1.82 points per game. If we had maintained that from the start of the season we would be 2nd in the table. If we continue like that for the rest of the season I cannot see how Nicky does not deserve to get the job on a permanent basis especially if we lift the cup next Sunday.

If we can add a bit more quality up front and 2 or 3 more key signings I can really see us doing well next season.

:sorted::)
 

Another Manager Poll

After tonight it's gotta be Nicky and the Breadman. What else do they have to do?
 

Another Manager Poll

I've just added my vote in the poll. It's NF for me . Keep the tippy tappy football going!!!!!
 

Another Manager Poll

I've just added my vote in the poll. It's NF for me . Keep the tippy tappy football going!!!!!

13 games 8 wins and two draws - nuff said. I thought it was a massive gamble turning Nicky, but I am more than happy to have been proved totally wrong on this one!!
 

Another Manager Poll

They have been appointed until the end of the season and then a decision will be made. There isn't a lot of point in suggesting they should be given the job now.

Although they aren't doing themselves any harm with the results so far
 

Another Manager Poll

12 games into Nicky's reign now. Time to take stock before the big final next weekend. He took over at a time when the squad was at a really low ebb. They seemed to lack any confidence or cohesion culminating in the Dagenham disaster. Worse still the team did not look interested. That night was one of the worst I can remember as a Brentford fan. The result left us 2 points above the relegation zone and staring down the barrel with only 1 point coming from the last 7 games.

Since then we have seen a big change not just in the results, but also in the style of football and spirit of the team. Players who were playing badly suddenly turned things round and the fun and enjoyment started flowing back. We still lack firepower but have become harder to play against and ground out results in games I am sure we would previously lost. We look more organised and Nicky has largely used common sense with his team selections and tactics. He has brought in some useful loan signings and made the best of what he has at his disposal. To be fair to Scott the squad really isn't that bad but he got the tactics, team selection and man management wrong. He was also a bit unlucky IMO.

So since taking charge we have played 11 league games. W6 D2 L3 ( 2 of the defeats were against the top 2 in the division, 1 to a 93rd minute goal and 1 to an OG) which gives a pretty healthy 1.82 points per game. If we had maintained that from the start of the season we would be 2nd in the table. If we continue like that for the rest of the season I cannot see how Nicky does not deserve to get the job on a permanent basis especially if we lift the cup next Sunday.

If we can add a bit more quality up front and 2 or 3 more key signings I can really see us doing well next season.

Good, balanced post which I agree with; and I would add that Mark Warburton's contribution to the way things have gone post Dagenham should be gratefully acknowledged.
 

Another Manager Poll

Whatever happens on Sunday it will be impossible to not give NF and MW the gig. It would have to be a really special candidate to even consider anyone else. 25000 fans belting out "walking in a Forster wonderland"at Wembley, I can't wait for that!!!
 

Another Manager Poll

NF has my approval. Then again so did AS in a very similar scenario.

I'll be happy if it goes the same way. Win us promotion to the championship and then get sacked as we languish in midtable :sorted:
 

Another Manager Poll

NF has my approval. Then again so did AS in a very similar scenario.

I'll be happy if it goes the same way. Win us promotion to the championship and then get sacked as we languish in midtable :sorted:

That's not quite correct, we were hurtling towards div 4 having not won in 7 games!
 

Another Manager Poll

Isn't it strange how the managers we all wanted are managing at clubs in the bottom four of league 2. Odd game to predict.
 

Another Manager Poll

Really interesting about coppell being there last night. He was at the orient game with greg dyke but to be fair does pop up in the directors box qute at bit. He is also known to be on very good terms with nicky forster and i wonder if considering he lives very close to brentford they are thinking that he would be great experience for forster to feed off as some kind of director of football roll. Just seems a coincidence him being there so much
 

Another Manager Poll

Really interesting about coppell being there last night. He was at the orient game with greg dyke but to be fair does pop up in the directors box qute at bit. He is also known to be on very good terms with nicky forster and i wonder if considering he lives very close to brentford they are thinking that he would be great experience for forster to feed off as some kind of director of football roll. Just seems a coincidence him being there so much

Coppell was at Hillsbrough? Or do you mean at GP vs Carlisle?
 

Another Manager Poll

I still believe that NF could do a good job it was only one game yesterday and maybe show his lack of experienced by he has turned this team around, and results in the league have been good! I for one wont moan if he is appointed as I think he is doing a good job.
 

Another Manager Poll

I cast my vote for NF on the 29 March. Despite yesterdays disappointment I'm sticking with him. The style of football now played is what I wanted , the league results to date are better than I expected and any new manager appointment is a gamble.
 

Another Manager Poll

Thank the Lord we didnt go for Gary Johnson ! I for one would of jumped at the chance when AS went
 

Another Manager Poll

Still has to be NF
 

Another Manager Poll

Still has to be NF

I agree, yesterday has nothing to do with any decision on his abilty to be our next Manager. IMO he made one mistake, not starting with Bean, and he put it right at half time. We lost because a few of the players didn't play to their best.....it happens.
 

Another Manager Poll

After the last couple of months watching BFC play some excellent football and being very unlucky against a couple of very good sides in this league, I want NF and Mark to be allowed to have a go next season.

If for any reason it can't be NF then for me, Martin Allen back pls.
 

Another Manager Poll

I agree, yesterday has nothing to do with any decision on his abilty to be our next Manager. IMO he made one mistake, not starting with Bean, and he put it right at half time. We lost because a few of the players didn't play to their best.....it happens.

Yesterday is irrelevant. It was a cup final, all form goes out the window. They simply wanted it more. I also saw too many people I've never seen at Brentford before complaining about how bad our squad is and how they don't agree NF should be manager. We've played 14 games under him now, and lost 4, 1 of which (yesterday) really means nothing. It says it all. We can now focus on a late surge towards the playoffs
 

Another Manager Poll

We could have the best gaffer and the top 11 players in the world and we wouldn't win a final, BFC and finals do not mix!!!!
 

Another Manager Poll

Almost all of the players lost their bottle yesterday. How so many people can blame NF for that is beyond me :shrug:
 

Another Manager Poll

Almost all of the players lost their bottle yesterday. How so many people can blame NF for that is beyond me :shrug:

Absolutely. No manager can legislate for so many players freezing on the big occasion. Fozzy's post match comments on the box last night were spot on. He is definitely the man to take us forward.
 

Another Manager Poll

Fozzy deserves his chance next season!:sorted:
 

Another Manager Poll

No manager is successful all the time. We could end up with a 'successful' manager who can't do it again. Give Forster a chance!
 

Another Manager Poll

After the last couple of months watching BFC play some excellent football and being very unlucky against a couple of very good sides in this league, I want NF and Mark to be allowed to have a go next season.

If for any reason it can't be NF then for me, Martin Allen back pls.

agree 100%
 

Another Manager Poll

NF?? No. Not IMO. We need someone better. How much influence is MW in the current set up?? :idea:
 

Another Manager Poll

NF?? No. Not IMO. We need someone better. How much influence is MW in the current set up?? :idea:

........yep........ Will the Gaffer be part of the new look management team???????.........
 

Another Manager Poll

Do think that NF and AS same as and if you need change new man in Sean O' driscol if available I do dream.And as for director of football working with foster they could of done that for AS. New man in plz Benham and co!!!
 

Another Manager Poll

I don't think that Fozzie has the experience to take us to the next level that we so desperately want. I feel that he needs to learn the trade by being assistant to someone who fits the right critera.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom