Boxing

Boxing

He’s not fit to lace the boots of Lennox Lewis.
Prime Lewis would destroy Fury - similar size but far superior boxing ability. Fury main claim to fame is beating an over the hill Klitschko and a trilogy with Wilder who got battered by Parker recently ?
 

Boxing

I don’t know as much about boxing as you do, but wasn’t Wilder in his prime when they fought 3 times?
Yeah I said anyone of note - Wilder is not a boxer he is a massive puncher which has got him out of trouble in more than one fight. Parker schooled him and he isn't exactly much more than a top 10 heavyweight in a bang average division.
 

Boxing

Prime Bruno v Fury could be quite competitive.
Agreed - Bruno was around in a better era of heavyweights and had the power to trouble Fury. I'd probably lean towards Fury on technique and being able to bore him to a points win.
 

Boxing

Prime Lewis would destroy Fury - similar size but far superior boxing ability. Fury main claim to fame is beating an over the hill Klitschko and a trilogy with Wilder who got battered by Parker recently ?

To be fair, the Wilder that fought Parker was a shadow of his former self. Even Fury haters can admit that, surely?

The sad thing is Fury has done this to himself. If he'd boxed AJ 2/3 years ago I think he'd have walloped him but now I'm not so sure.

He had a remarkable, feel good comeback story that everyone could relate to and he's pissed it all away by ducking the only two legitimate contenders he had.
 

Boxing

To be fair, the Wilder that fought Parker was a shadow of his former self. Even Fury haters can admit that, surely?

The sad thing is Fury has done this to himself. If he'd boxed AJ 2/3 years ago I think he'd have walloped him but now I'm not so sure.

He had a remarkable, feel good comeback story that everyone could relate to and he's pissed it all away by ducking the only two legitimate contenders he had.
I'll give you that - Wilder had been inactive but I've never rated him as a boxer, he just has knockout power rarely seen before. If Fury had not ducked AJ and now Usyk it could have been different but he is not getting any younger and nearly lost to Ngannou who had never boxed professionally before. If he beats both AJ and Usyk ill give him credit where it is due but I can't see him fighting both.
 

Boxing

Sky Sports & TNT were both showing the event on their Box Office channels.
I was unfortunate yesterday to catch the Sky Sports promotion video for the fight ?
Mike Tyson would have never agreed to star in such a thing!
 

Boxing

Seems to me that the stories of him getting roughed up in sparring a probably true. He scraped by against Ngannu a few months back (some think he lost that fight) and I think he probably deep down realises that he's run his race. I fear for him if he retires like this tho, he may have all the money in the world but mentally I don't think he'll find another purpose like he has from boxing in the past.

I'm just tired of the bullshit, as a boxing fan over the past couple of years he's been a terrible champion and it's probably best for the sport he vacates the WBC.
 

Boxing

It's just become a complete bore fest the heavy weight division. Too many dodging fights we all want to see. Fair play to Usyk he's there wanting to fight them all, Fury done everything to avoid the fight. Last 3 fights have been used to avoid Usyk it's embarrassing.
 

Boxing

There's only one person good enough to be called Tyson, and he would have wiped the floor with the lot of them back in the day!

:sorted:
 

Boxing

Yeah I said anyone of note - Wilder is not a boxer he is a massive puncher which has got him out of trouble in more than one fight. Parker schooled him and he isn't exactly much more than a top 10 heavyweight in a bang average division.
The mental imagine of Tyson Fury smacking 7 shades out of (Sheff U) Wilder is hilarious. Thank you
 

Boxing

Buatsi v Azeez proper boxing.

Fury and AJ have killed the heavyweight division in the last few years, avoiding proper fights (and each other) at all costs. I used to rate Fury but he's become a joke, his only fight in 14 months was basically a glorified exhibition fight (which he almost lost) with Ngannou.
 

Boxing

To be fair, the Wilder that fought Parker was a shadow of his former self. Even Fury haters can admit that, surely?

The sad thing is Fury has done this to himself. If he'd boxed AJ 2/3 years ago I think he'd have walloped him but now I'm not so sure.

He had a remarkable, feel good comeback story that everyone could relate to and he's pissed it all away by ducking the only two legitimate contenders he had.
Agree, pissed/annoyed a lot of fans off ( me included) with his antics and saying one thing and another the next.
He had a buzz around him years ago but slowly been dying off.
I always thought Fury would smash AJ, but yeah we should have had fight 2/3 years ago ( for the fans). I'd watch it but I'd have little interest in it now. Way too late.
 

Boxing

Buatsi v Azeez proper boxing.

Fury and AJ have killed the heavyweight division in the last few years, avoiding proper fights (and each other) at all costs. I used to rate Fury but he's become a joke, his only fight in 14 months was basically a glorified exhibition fight (which he almost lost) with Ngannou.
I wish boxing had a different setup where the fights are set up and x amount take place a year. And to get to the top you have to beat x amount ahead of you in the rankings.
No dodging and ducking b***ocks. Dont fight, you drop down the rankings.
But with the money, social media and all this exhibition crap UFA and Youtbers its very different.

With it in Saudi too, it's killed the buzz. The crowd is silent.
 

Boxing

Joshua folded him like Origami.

Hopefully we'll see AJ v Usyk after Usyk beats Tyson in May.

Post fight though. AJ shouldn't be allowed to waffle such bullocks..
 

Boxing

These ridiculous match ups need to stop before someone gets killed. No defence whatsoever and in with world champions is a joke.
Yeah. It has to stop. Another sport the Saudi regime want to ruin.

Eddy Hearne and Frank Warren have joined forces because they have no other choice. They either get into bed with the Saudi regime or get stamped on
 

Boxing

Joshua folded him like Origami.

Hopefully we'll see AJ v Usyk after Usyk beats Tyson in May.

Post fight though. AJ shouldn't be allowed to waffle such bullocks..
Why we've seen it twice and Usyk battered him twice!

He's beat a non boxer and suddenly we're expected to think he is the number one contender again.

Surely you don't listen to Eddie Hearn!
 

Boxing

Why we've seen it twice and Usyk battered him twice!

He's beat a non boxer and suddenly we're expected to think he is the number one contender again.

Surely you don't listen to Eddie Hearn!
Usyk didn't batter him twice!! He beat him twice but to say he battered him is a bit much.

I agree I don't think this latest fight massively changes things, but begs the question how Fury was made to look so bad.

Looking at the heavyweight division, if AJ isn't number one contender then he is certainly number 2. As the 2 above him are champions he is the number one contender.

I think Usyk beats him third time if that ever happens again, but with Ben Davidson training him he does seem to me more confident and is coming off the back of 2 impressive knockouts
 

Boxing

Why we've seen it twice and Usyk battered him twice!

He's beat a non boxer and suddenly we're expected to think he is the number one contender again.

Surely you don't listen to Eddie Hearn!
I've seen 3 of AJ's last 4 fights which I think were all in the last 12 to 15 months ?
He's definitely improved.
I think he deserves another chance at Usyk, who has been hampered by the delays in his Fury match up.
 

Boxing

I've seen 3 of AJ's last 4 fights which I think were all in the last 12 to 15 months ?
He's definitely improved.
I think he deserves another chance at Usyk, who has been hampered by the delays in his Fury match up.
It's all about activity at this highest level. Parker is the greatest proof of this, he's a fairly average but industrious heavyweight who's now beaten some top opposition, mainly through form and activity. He way well beat Usyk tomorrow due to Usyk's lack of activity, but make no bones about it, Usyk is a very special boxer who I consider an all time great. Joshua in a phenomenal athlete, but doesn't have the skill level of Usyk or Fury IMO.
 

Boxing

Flicking through the Sky Sports channels last night and stumbled upon a re-run of Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns from Caesars Palace in 1985. I'd never seen it before.

WHAT A FIGHT! The first round was something else. All over in the 3rd of course with Hagler victorious.
 

Boxing

Flicking through the Sky Sports channels last night and stumbled upon a re-run of Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns from Caesars Palace in 1985. I'd never seen it before.

WHAT A FIGHT! The first round was something else. All over in the 3rd of course with Hagler victorious.

Hagler really was a warrior, and one of the best ever. I always felt sorry for Alan Minter who just happened to be born at the wrong time and was destroyed by Hagler back in the day. Also in that weight division you had Hearns, Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard!!
 

Boxing

Lower weight categories have been far more interesting in many years. Roy Jones Jr was around for ages, across many weight divisions. At the top of his game he was awesome.
 

Boxing

Flicking through the Sky Sports channels last night and stumbled upon a re-run of Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns from Caesars Palace in 1985. I'd never seen it before.

WHAT A FIGHT! The first round was something else. All over in the 3rd of course with Hagler victorious.
Remember it well. That series of fights was right up there.
 

Boxing

Tremendous fight between Clarke and Wardley this evening. One of the best heavyweight bouts I've seen. Decision was absolutely spot on too.
I was a little gutted it was a draw because a winner is always good in Boxing , but I personally couldn’t split them anyway.
Big Fraze will wanna run it back and somehow I think Wardley doesn’t progress until he beats him anyway. Amazing fight either way
 

Boxing

John Fury head butting someone from Usyk’s camp. A piss poor boxer who’s become an old thug.
From a few days ago? Not sure what it was all about, but not much class in that camp.

I see Fury also been up to antics last night and tonight at the weigh in also. I'm hoping Usyk knocks him out tomorrow night
 

Boxing

What time will the actual fight start?
2 am or something?
 

Boxing

What time will the actual fight start?
2 am or something?

More like 11:00pm I’d have thought
Ring walks at 11 apparently
Yes will be about 11pm.

One of the "benefits" of fights in Saudi is that they are set at a more reasonable time for UK. It gets touted as a reason for why it's better to have the fights in a desert country with dubious past and not many fans over it being somewhere like the US.

Promoter view: If only there was a mutually agreeable location with lots of fans of Fury and Usyk where the fight could be held at an actual reasonable time... Guess we'll just HAVE to take the Saudis generous money instead!
 

Boxing

Sky advertised the fight coverage as starting at 4pm last night during the football!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom