Centre Forward Needed

Centre Forward Needed

Why does it take me to start a thread before Fitz starts to hunt for a striker?

maybe somebody has pointed you out to him! :D
 

Centre Forward Needed

Centre Forward Needed

ex bees who scored yesterday!

Kuffour to Bristol City:rolleyes: and an old boy who scored yesterday maybe returning. Wild conjecture methinks or maybe me hopes. I'll have the old boy back but surely Kuffour is not on his way, as I say this all came from a voice in a queue who was adamant that his mate knows Gary Johnson well.:confused:

James Hunt is coming and so is Peacock according to some. It's January isn't it and loads of noises being made.lol

DJ, Burgess, Forster, Vine, and Broughton! lol let me guess!lol

I have said for some time we will get bids for Jo but I did not know he was on a 1 year contract! He can now talk to other clubs re signing in the summer so we have a choice, take £50K now from Brizzle or keep him and sign a target man for him to play off and then see him go for nowt in June.
What price relegation?
If Forster comes will it be in his place? If so bring that on if he is available on a loan as Jo 's fee will surely be added to the fund? meaning we can bring in Peacock in a player exchange to play with Nicky F.

I would be very happy with that especially as Shipperley is playing for SUFC reserves on Tues at home to Middlesborough and Plymouth at least appear to be interested!
 

Centre Forward Needed

Kuffour to Bristol City:rolleyes: and an old boy who scored yesterday maybe returning. Wild conjecture methinks or maybe me hopes. I'll have the old boy back but surely Kuffour is not on his way, as I say this all came from a voice in a queue who was adamant that his mate knows Gary Johnson well.:confused:

You really do love a rumour don't you, if you are referring to Forster do you really think we could aford his current wages?
 

Centre Forward Needed

I heard that Ben May was coming back plus £500k in exchange for Willock and Brooker.

Kuffour is going to Doncaster with Supermarket coming the other way.

The rumour I know which is definately true is that no club is stoopid enough to come in for our famous five on the list.
 

Centre Forward Needed

DJ, Burgess, Forster, Vine, and Broughton! lol let me guess!lol

I have said for some time we will get bids for Jo but I did not know he was on a 1 year contract! He can now talk to other clubs re signing in the summer so we have a choice, take £50K now from Brizzle or keep him and sign a target man for him to play off and then see him go for nowt in June.
What price relegation?
If Forster comes will it be in his place? If so bring that on if he is available on a loan as Jo 's fee will surely be added to the fund? meaning we can bring in Peacock in a player exchange to play with Nicky F.

I would be very happy with that especially as Shipperley is playing for SUFC reserves on Tues at home to Middlesborough and Plymouth at least appear to be interested!

Hmmmmmmmmm your comments make good sense to me ROB. I personally think Owusu is finished now, well at least as far as this season goes.
A Peacock/Forster pairing sounds good but could we afford them?
Would hate to see Kuffour leave , but then again no player is bigger than the club he plays for. The only thing that worries me about loan signings is that when they leave it leaves an even larger place to fill.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Swindon have agreed a fee with Crewe for Luke Rodgers so that might free up Peacock ?
 

Centre Forward Needed

DJ, Burgess, Forster, Vine, and Broughton! lol let me guess!lol

I have said for some time we will get bids for Jo but I did not know he was on a 1 year contract! He can now talk to other clubs re signing in the summer so we have a choice, take £50K now from Brizzle or keep him and sign a target man for him to play off and then see him go for nowt in June.
What price relegation?
If Forster comes will it be in his place? If so bring that on if he is available on a loan as Jo 's fee will surely be added to the fund? meaning we can bring in Peacock in a player exchange to play with Nicky F.

I would be very happy with that especially as Shipperley is playing for SUFC reserves on Tues at home to Middlesborough and Plymouth at least appear to be interested!

:rolleyes:

it gets worse............................

unless you're ploughing some money into BFC and Sheff.Utd don't mind paying 50% of his wages, we've got no chance in getting shipperley in................

as for Forster..................bloody hell..................:rolleyes:
 

Centre Forward Needed

Shipperley or foster no chance more likely Lee peacock of swindon Jack lester of notts forest or maybe leon knight
 

Centre Forward Needed

8 goals scored in 18games !

We score a goal every 0.4444 games.

Facts dont lie, that is truley shocking, sort it out !
 

Centre Forward Needed

You really do love a rumour don't you, if you are referring to Forster do you really think we could aford his current wages?

No I don't do rumours, I prefer facts. I was passing on what was said at the game. If you read my posts I very rarely start rumours but bear in mind when you loan people you don't pay all of their wages.:wave:
To be fair I sit and read so many sh!t rumours on here that I find it strange that you think I go for them.:confused:
 

Centre Forward Needed

Swindon have agreed a fee with Crewe for Luke Rodgers so that might free up Peacock ?

That is very interesting because Roberts is their top scorer with 9 goals this season and similar in style to Peacock who I think has one less goal. Swindon also have Lucas Jutkiewicz who has chippd in only 3 so far.
It is common knowledge that Peacock does not get on with Sturrock apparently and yet Sturrock would have the fans on his back if he attempted to sell him before lining up a proven goalscorer at this level as a replacement.
Rodgers playing off Roberts looks as good a pair almost as Forster or Jo off Peacock.
Only down side is I dont think we will get Forster especially after he scored yesterday. Other Championship sides will be interested and I would not mind betting that Barnsley are one of them!
 

Centre Forward Needed

... and I overheard that Inverness Caledonian Thistle had enquired about Karle Carder-Andrews. Their chairman apparently said "Aye, there's a lot of balance in us signing a lad like that"... or was is a lot of syllables?
 

Centre Forward Needed

Could the lack in goals also point to a failing midfield that hasn't been balanced at all, especially on the left hand side. Now we have balance and 2 decent players going by the Bournemouth game that will produce more goals for Kuffour + 1?

The biggest crime is playing Kuffour on the left half the season when clealy he was needed upfront. Moore and Willock are not producing upfront although Willock looks a little more likely then Moore. Why not drop both and give Peters ago upfront? I remember him scoring when he first came in and played as a striker and not a winger.

I seem to remember Bournemouth having a striker on loan last season who scored against us at our place, he looked very good and maybe he's available on loan from Portsmouth again?

On saturday we would of had goals had their keeper not pulled off some stunning saves so we will create more chances now and possibly inject some confidence into the strikers.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Left winger isn't he?

Not sure but he plays for the Scummers fairly often I think so I was just trying to get the loanee's name for Mr. Beehive. He did look a decent lad though.
Anyway we have Joe Keith now and he is not a typical winger who turns it on only now and then.:D I hope.;)
 

Centre Forward Needed

I seem to remember Bournemouth having a striker on loan last season who scored against us at our place, he looked very good and maybe he's available on loan from Portsmouth again?

James Keene. Left Portsmouth on a free to Elfsborg (Sweden?).
 

Centre Forward Needed

He lookes decent from what I've seen of him, shame he'll be far to expensive!

Not too sure on that. He will presunmably negotiate a pay off of the remaining 18 months of his contract. He is still young and would not be earning mega bucks at Wolves at the age he is. Had he been more of a force with them then his next contract would have seen a decent rise.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Not too sure on that. He will presunmably negotiate a pay off of the remaining 18 months of his contract. He is still young and would not be earning mega bucks at Wolves at the age he is. Had he been more of a force with them then his next contract would have seen a decent rise.

Fingers crossed hey!
 

Centre Forward Needed

That is very interesting because Roberts is their top scorer with 9 goals this season and similar in style to Peacock who I think has one less goal. !

No hes not.

Roberts is a much quicker player who likes it to feet, Peacock is much slower and a bit more of a target man although not axactly a james quinn type.
 

Centre Forward Needed

No hes not.

Roberts is a much quicker player who likes it to feet, Peacock is much slower and a bit more of a target man although not axactly a james quinn type.

ROB never lets the facts get in the way of a confusing post.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Sturrock binned Peacock at Sheff Weds last season whih may be the reason he wants away. :shrug:
 

Centre Forward Needed

Whoever we get in is going to be shouldering a hell of a lot of responsibility to score the goals to keep us up. Let's hope they have the character to deal with that and get the job done.
 

Centre Forward Needed

That is very interesting because Roberts is their top scorer with 9 goals this season and similar in style to Peacock who I think has one less goal. Swindon also have Lucas Jutkiewicz who has chippd in only 3 so far.
It is common knowledge that Peacock does not get on with Sturrock apparently and yet Sturrock would have the fans on his back if he attempted to sell him before lining up a proven goalscorer at this level as a replacement.
Rodgers playing off Roberts looks as good a pair almost as Forster or Jo off Peacock.
Only down side is I dont think we will get Forster especially after he scored yesterday. Other Championship sides will be interested and I would not mind betting that Barnsley are one of them!
Peacock is a handful and that's about it.

No pace, not skilful and not a natural goalscorer. He gets involved and is a trier. If I'm honest Callum does much the same and if Peacock got the same service as was being provided to the forwards recently he'd not find the net either.

Unfortunately suspect he's more likely what we're likely to get than others quoted but would like to see someone in the Keene mould. Last year he ran us ragged when B'Muff outplayed us at home first half and there must be others who won't get a regular starting place yet in prem or championship that might benefit from playing first team football.
 

Centre Forward Needed

get joe off of the wing we have to play kuffour upfront with a big guy who can hold the ball up so joe can be involved in the game more. we need to look for vhampionship strikers hwho arnet happy or are not being played much!
 

Centre Forward Needed

we need to look for vhampionship strikers hwho arnet happy or are not being played much!

you mean the ones who can't score goals so nobody wants them in the side?
if they are any good then somebody either plays them every week or sells them for big dosh!
 

Centre Forward Needed

No hes not.

Roberts is a much quicker player who likes it to feet, Peacock is much slower and a bit more of a target man although not axactly a james quinn type.

Hold on a second MB! A player that likes it to his feet and a target man fundamentally are the same thing are they not? for example Peter Crouch? Unless you are saying that he likes it to his feet running into the channells or to his feet facing goal rather than with his back to goal. I am sure Peacock would like it into his feet but given his build it comes at him at all angles and he just handles that better.

Roberts may be faster but is also only one inch shorter and is playing off Peacock at the moment in a behind the front man role. Maybe Sturrock has gone for Rodgers to play off of Roberts because he wants to see the ball beyond the centre halves and not played about in front of them.

I am aware that you know your football MB but could we both be saying the same thing or just seeing the same thing in a different way? Not sure which!
 
Last edited:

Centre Forward Needed

ROB never lets the facts get in the way of a confusing post.

stick to moderating posts if your knowledge of football is limited to

" MaidenheadBee said it so it is fact and ROB said it so it must be crap and made up"
 

Centre Forward Needed

I don't normally listen to mhead either but this time he's right. Your posts on football normally make sense but this time you're wrong.
 

Centre Forward Needed

No thanks.Both past it and Gallen is a grade A c**t! :wave:

Now please believe this story because it is absolute FACT.........

In Ealing's number one nightclub the season MA took over I met Kevin Gallen and introduced him to a female customer of mine with this comment....
"Kevin this is Lynette, she is a Rangers fan, can you take her away from me please and give her an autograph or something because she is boring the pants off me talking about QPR and I am a Brentford fan!"......nothing rude....nothing aggressive (I swear)...and his reply....... ...................
"I will dance on the rooftops of Ealing if you ***** get relegated this season!"
:thetruth:

Prosecution rests!....
 

Centre Forward Needed

One of the failings of our Youth system it seems to me, I cannot recall a decent striker ever coming through the youth ranks...and I am going back decades.

Defenders and Midfield players yes but never a half decent striker that could at least give us a year or two before being sold on.
 

Centre Forward Needed

Marcus Bent

1995 - 1998 - 67 appearances - 7 Goals and we got £300,000 for him from Palace if memory serves me right and he since been involved in transfer fees netting over £8million !!!!! Great fuc**ng agent whoever he is I take my hat off to him! Who sold him for £300,000?
 

Centre Forward Needed

Dario Gradi has already stated Rodgers' reluctance to drop down a division and tonight's local Crewe paper reports that he will reject a move. http://www.thisisstaffordshire.com/...Node=158705&contentPK=16363451&pNodeId=158712


Yep, apparantly Accrington Stanley wanted him too but he will not drop a division. Quite a decent player, bit short on the height but a neat and tidy player who (maybe) could do job. Maybe we are one of the "couple of League One sides" that have shown an interest in him as stated by Dario Gradi.

Apparantly, he is weighing things up....
 

Centre Forward Needed

1995 - 1998 - 67 appearances - 7 Goals and we got £300,000 for him from Palace if memory serves me right and he since been involved in transfer fees netting over £8million !!!!! Great fuc**ng agent whoever he is I take my hat off to him! Who sold him for £300,000?

How many games did he play down the middle for Brentford though?
Likewise Gayle first time out?

As Villa are showing with their young talent Agbonlahor, who too is a centre forward at youth level. When they are young the best way for them to get in the side and get to the pace of the game, learn to improve touch and movement without fear of a great big lumping centre half behind you is to start on the wings. Which is why not many youth centre forwards come through any youth system and start 1st team football as a centre forward, It is not until later they get converted back to their best position.
 

Centre Forward Needed

How many games did he play down the middle for Brentford though?
Likewise Gayle first time out?

.


I never considered marcus bent or marcus gayle to be anything other than wingers when they played here. looking at their scoring records i still think that is probably true!

I agree that bents agent is a genius with whoever mentioned that earlier!
Seemed to broker a multi million pound move every fortnight and he never scored for his new clubs either!
 

Centre Forward Needed

1995 - 1998 - 67 appearances - 7 Goals and we got £300,000 for him from Palace if memory serves me right and he since been involved in transfer fees netting over £8million !!!!! Great fuc**ng agent whoever he is I take my hat off to him! Who sold him for £300,000?

Soccerbase, league stats only, 288 starts, 94 subs (total 382 appearances), 81 goals.

Total transfer fee a staggering 9M+ :eek:
 

Centre Forward Needed

Now please believe this story because it is absolute FACT.........

In Ealing's number one nightclub the season MA took over I met Kevin Gallen and introduced him to a female of mine ........

I always wondered what you did for a living !
 

Centre Forward Needed

The Next DJ ?

Ryan Redford.
23 years old, playing at a low level Non-League club, Hertford Town FC.
Spartan South Midlands Football League--PREMIER DIVISION

Last season he scored 10 goals in 15 games
So far this season he has got 27 goals in 19 games.

Currently playing with Ossie Ardiles's son.

Are we ready to take this much of a gamble ?
 
Back
Top Bottom