David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

Everyones for sale at a price... FACT ?
 

David Raya

He's still not for sale...
But... in his syndicated broadcast from behind bars (or was it Viz's shed) on that well-known truth-telling TV station RT he clearly please with someone in a mask to let him go...
 

David Raya

No one is hanging him out to dry...but to ignore the reports and speculation at this point would be a bit naive...

We've said we won't sell him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still want the move. If it does hit the transfer request stage, things may not be pretty... If we hit that point I say let him go, you don't want players who don't want to be there.
 

David Raya

Since when did we need hard evidence to throw a player under the bus?

There is none in Raya's case but there wasn't much with Jug Ears either.

It's not looking great though I think most would agree.

Jug Ears refused to play for us. That is what I call hard evidence.
 

David Raya

Good to see the new GPG is now running as well as the old GPG with conspiracy theories abound. Raya may be sold today, tomorrow, next week or whenever. Banana is the one who seems closest to what's going on so that's good enough for me.
 

David Raya

A brand new forum but the same old bedwetting.

These same reputable newspapers and the bbc were adamant the ollie had an 18m release clause.

I knew this thread would descend to the same lows as the Toney thread with all that "if he doesn't want to come then "**** him" rubbish.

He might end up going who knows but nasty knee jerk statements based on click bait and a tweet or 2 shows what social media has done in giving idiots an instant voice with no repercussions.

Get a grip.
 

David Raya

just hope we have a replacement lined up or that Daniels/Balcombe grasp the opportunity and we forget about him altogether
Balcombe is a long way off the first team.
The fact that we have allowed Gunnarsson to leave on loan tells me that Raya is not going anywhere.
 

David Raya

Franks says in his pre-match press conference that Benhrama is available at the right price but everyone else, including Raya, are not for sale..
 

David Raya

A brand new forum but the same old bedwetting.

These same reputable newspapers and the bbc were adamant the ollie had an 18m release clause.

I knew this thread would descend to the same lows as the Toney thread with all that "if he doesn't want to come then "**** him" rubbish.

He might end up going who knows but nasty knee jerk statements based on click bait and a tweet or 2 shows what social media has done in giving idiots an instant voice with no repercussions.

Get a grip.

Well said, Sir
 

David Raya

It might be nothing, but I didn’t see any insta posts last night from any of the players. Usually first away game of the season you get to see the new players having to sing a song and the cameras pan around the room so you see who’s there. So I’m wondering if they have been instructed not to, so we see who’s not there .. ie David Raya?
 

David Raya

It might be nothing, but I didn’t see any insta posts last night from any of the players. Usually first away game of the season you get to see the new players having to sing a song and the cameras pan around the room so you see who’s there. So I’m wondering if they have been instructed not to, so we see who’s not there .. ie David Raya?

Sounds a bit of a conspiracy theory to me. Lots of clandestine instructions to the players just to keep his absence a secret for another c.15 hours.
 

David Raya

A brand new forum but the same old bedwetting.

These same reputable newspapers and the bbc were adamant the ollie had an 18m release clause.

I knew this thread would descend to the same lows as the Toney thread with all that "if he doesn't want to come then "**** him" rubbish.

He might end up going who knows but nasty knee jerk statements based on click bait and a tweet or 2 shows what social media has done in giving idiots an instant voice with no repercussions.

Get a grip.

Genuine question - is the GPG classified as 'social media'? Maybe I've missed the point but I thought the GPG was a 'closed' forum of Brentford fans informally discussing all things Brentford? Not everything posted is logical, well thought through and based on facts (often they're the best posts). It would be a pretty dull place if it was.

Ok, saying "if he wants to go then f*ck him" is a bit childish but nothing more. It's no different to the kind of thing you'd hear down the pub after a game whilst fans speculate over why he wasn't playing that day.

I can't speak for Twitter because there are people on there that deliberately make stupid, provocative statements to seek followers. It's also 'open' for anyone to see inadvertently. There's nothing to say players don't log on to the GPG to see what's being said about them but if they do, that's their decision - it would be the equivalent of them going down the pub after a match to earwig conversations.

I was one of those that said on here about Toney "if he doesn't want to come then f*ck him". He did come, all of us that said it looked a bit silly, people took the piss and everyone had a laugh. That's it. No?
 
Last edited:

David Raya

It might be nothing, but I didn’t see any insta posts last night from any of the players. Usually first away game of the season you get to see the new players having to sing a song and the cameras pan around the room so you see who’s there. So I’m wondering if they have been instructed not to, so we see who’s not there .. ie David Raya?

People are encouraged not to sing etc at the moment due to the Virus so it is nothing. People really need to stop looking at social media for validation on players. As soon as a player isn't there we go into panic mode.

Ultimately it means nothing as Benrahma is in a few training photos and we know he will be off if they meet our asking price.
 

David Raya

Genuine question - is the GPG classified as 'social media'? Maybe I've missed the point but I thought the GPG was a 'closed' forum of Brentford fans informally discussing all things Brentford? Not everything posted is logical, well thought through and based on facts (often they're the best posts). It would be a pretty dull place if it was.

Ok, saying "if he wants to go then f*ck him" is a bit childish but nothing more. It's no different to the kind of thing you'd hear down the pub after a game whilst fans speculate over why he wasn't playing that day.

I can't speak for Twitter because there are people on there that deliberately make stupid, provocative statements to seek followers. It's also 'open' for anyone to see inadvertently. There's nothing to say players don't log on to the GPG to see what's being said about them but if they do, that's their decision - it would be the equivalent of them going down the pub after a match to earwig conversations.

I was one of those that said on here about Toney "if he doesn't want to come then f*ck him". He did come, all of us that said it looked a bit silly, people took the piss and everyone had a laugh. That's it. No?

GPG needs registration to post but at least used to be generally open to the world to view. I’m not sure how many players look at it but if any do there are a lot of things people say which might be better if more considered. Potential joiners probably aren’t reading it but a whole raft of “go on, eff off to Arsenal” for players we have and would like to keep is probably not very helpful. Fans love it when players express their love of them but seem to sometimes forget that it can work the other way. Occasionally that gets publicly called out, like when, quite unfairly, a very young Swift got pelters and dished it back.
 

David Raya

David is an excellent keeper and is bound to get attention from other clubs. He will get his chance to play in the Premier League at some point in the not too distant future. We obviously want him to stay for this coming season at least. We usually look to develop players and transfer out after 2 or 3 seasons. I hope he stays so his development continues with us for the coming year
 

David Raya

Team news incoming.
 

David Raya

Maybe he is still genuinely injured but it's annoying to have this saga continue to rumble on.
 

David Raya

Maybe he is still genuinely injured but it's annoying to have this saga continue to rumble on.
If the club are saying he's got a knee injury and he's not for sale, then I'm not sure it's a saga rumbling.
 

David Raya

If the club are saying he's got a knee injury and he's not for sale, then I'm not sure it's a saga rumbling.

Do we know when and how he picked up this mysterious knee injury?
 

David Raya

....just glad we're not risking him....we'll need him for the rest of season.
 

David Raya

No idea but he had a mysterious injection in it this week and will mysteriously train next week then mysteriously stay at the club.

Is it a mystery as to when he’ll return to action?
 

David Raya

He's clearly going isn't he.....I don't blame him arsenal don't come knocking too often
 

David Raya

Is it a mystery as to when he’ll return to action?
Training next week as confirmed by Thomas in his pre-match interview, which matches 100% of what I've heard elsewhere.

Must say that is he is off then the club have managed to carry-out the most consistent set of comms ever in the history of BFC in order to cover-up their subterfuge. Everyone that I have spoken with or heard from ; everyone I know that has heard from their own contacts etc; every public statement; have all been utterly consistent.

Now if anyone thinks BFC are capable of that then I'd wager that they also believe that man has never been to the moon.
 

David Raya

His agent is busy as mentioned previously on this thread but the stories still coming out are just puff pieces to fill space and get clicks like this one:


Just no substance in it at all, "arsenal open talks with Brentford" - yeah that's old news they asked, offered and were politely asked to move on.
 

David Raya

Arsenal forums not very keen on him. They think he’s a midget and a flapper. Not worth buying.
 

David Raya

It might be nothing, but I didn’t see any insta posts last night from any of the players. Usually first away game of the season you get to see the new players having to sing a song and the cameras pan around the room so you see who’s there. So I’m wondering if they have been instructed not to, so we see who’s not there .. ie David Raya?

yes the guys from The New World Order met on the grassy knoll and decided not to show any pictures as Raya had already left but we would rather not tell anyone????

the club say he is injured so, just for once, let’s just accept it at face value until such a time as anything changes rather than creating conspiracies
 

David Raya

Injection in the knee yesterday - totally wild rumour but hoping it's true as opposed to not playing for transfer reasons.
 

David Raya

I imagine he's off and maybe the striker we were after will form part of the deal.
 

David Raya

Another rather specific update from TF. Raya has been injured for months and yesterday had a steroid injection in the knee. Will train with the keeper coach on Monday and will be available for selection for the Huddersfield match.
 

David Raya

Another rather specific update from TF. Raya has been injured for months and yesterday had a steroid injection in the knee. Will train with the keeper coach on Monday and will be available for selection for the Huddersfield match.
Sorry but he is talking out of his arse as per Ashford Bees who is well in with the behind the scenes goings on at BFC. Alternatively TF is actually correct..
 

David Raya

Injection in the knee yesterday - totally wild rumour but hoping it's true as opposed to not playing for transfer reasons.
TF has just said On Sky he needs a steroid injection, so that rumour is probably correct.
 

David Raya

Lol well you are completely wrong but hey ho believe what you want...certain people when they talk you listen so I 100% believe he is injured

Thomas sounded convincing so I have no reason to disbelieve him. I retract my comment.
 

David Raya

TF has just said On Sky he needs a steroid injection, so that rumour is probably correct.
He also said Benrahma picked up a knock.

I'm inclined to believe TF about Raya (because of Banana) but in my opinion he's lying about Benrahma. Understandably so, of course!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom