David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Raya

I wonder if David got some flack from people after the Fuc*um free kick and wants a fresh start at a new club. Someone should tell him the Trotter story who came back stronger after a huge cack up.

If he did get flack....then they should hang heads in shame and go elsewhere!!
 

David Raya

I wonder if David got some flack from people after the Fuc*um free kick and wants a fresh start at a new club. Someone should tell him the Trotter story who came back stronger after a huge cack up.

No, he just wants to play for Arsenal and get paid by them too!
 

David Raya

Besides I've heard that all parties have moved-on. So not sure that this story has legs anymore.

Well, we are rumoured to be sniffing around an alternative Spanish keeper
 

David Raya

If true, it means his heart is no longer with BFC - so hasta la vista Pedro and thanks for the memories.
 

David Raya

David Raya

HTF do they know what he is about to do? I can confidently predict he’s about to take a dump in the next 24h, though. Absolute BS to lure Arsenal fans in.

Exactly. People put more stock in these BS press reports than a certain yellow fruit on here who is more often (90% I would say!!) right than wrong :)

You would think those that have been on this site for many years would have realised that when the mighty yellow one speaks it's normally there or thereabouts.....
 

David Raya

HTF do they know what he is about to do? I can confidently predict he’s about to take a dump in the next 24h, though. Absolute BS to lure Arsenal fans in.

Same way as we do, someone ITK although in this case based on what :banana: has said previously I will call BS also
 

David Raya

Same way as we do, someone ITK although in this case based on what :banana: has said previously I will call BS also
If he had, then you might give it some credence but “about to” is meaningless.
 

David Raya

If he had, then you might give it some credence but “about to” is meaningless.

Sounds like a veiled threat from the agent who wants a slice of the Ar$neal pie
 

David Raya

If he is going to do a Tarky, I would rather we moved him on. Daniels can fill in until we bring in somebody. I dont want anybody upsetting the apple cart.
 

David Raya

Seems to be saving a lot with his fingers in the photos. Just asking. Maybe it's just his jeans that are injured!
 

David Raya

If he is going to do a Tarky, I would rather we moved him on. Daniels can fill in until we bring in somebody. I dont want anybody upsetting the apple cart.

I agree, I wouldn't be worried if Luke Daniels started as our number I this season. If Raya wants to go we should sell him.
 

David Raya

I agree, I wouldn't be worried if Luke Daniels started as our number I this season. If Raya wants to go we should sell him.

The same way we should have told Ivan Toney to do one because he didn’t want to come here aye.
 

David Raya

I agree, I wouldn't be worried if Luke Daniels started as our number I this season. If Raya wants to go we should sell him.
I don’t think TF would agree otherwise they would not of brought Raya in as no 1.
Daniels is a great second choice, but if you want the promise land you need better.
But I do agree if Raya wants out Daniels is a good stop gap
 

David Raya

I don’t think TF would agree otherwise they would not of brought Raya in as no 1.
Daniels is a great second choice, but if you want the promise land you need better.
But I do agree if Raya wants out Daniels is a good stop gap

I think if Raya goes and we are committed to having Daniels as number one this season we’ll need to adjust the way we play to be much less focused on playing out from the back or passing back to reset attacks. He’s a very sound keeper but he’s not up to Raya’s level with the ball at his feet and pretending otherwise would place unfair pressure on him (cf how this broke Bentley). That change would have knock on effects on how the rest of the team lines up. This is not necessarily bad but it is not something I’d want us to have to implement 2 days before the first match of the season when we’ve played very differently for 2 seasons.
 

David Raya

I think if Raya goes and we are committed to having Daniels as number one this season we’ll need to adjust the way we play to be much less focused on playing out from the back or passing back to reset attacks. He’s a very sound keeper but he’s not up to Raya’s level with the ball at his feet and pretending otherwise would place unfair pressure on him (cf how this broke Bentley). That change would have knock on effects on how the rest of the team lines up. This is not necessarily bad but it is not something I’d want us to have to implement 2 days before the first match of the season when we’ve played very differently for 2 seasons.

if david goes we would replace him i have no doubt
 

David Raya

I think if Raya goes and we are committed to having Daniels as number one this season we’ll need to adjust the way we play to be much less focused on playing out from the back or passing back to reset attacks. He’s a very sound keeper but he’s not up to Raya’s level with the ball at his feet and pretending otherwise would place unfair pressure on him (cf how this broke Bentley). That change would have knock on effects on how the rest of the team lines up. This is not necessarily bad but it is not something I’d want us to have to implement 2 days before the first match of the season when we’ve played very differently for 2 seasons.

I .agree Raya integral to the way we play.
 

David Raya

....I just hope his bruised ego....or finger....or whatever...is sorted by lunchtime Saturday....btw....do BFC have a 'toy thrown out of pram' specialist on the coaching staff....or is that in the DOFs brief.
 

David Raya

I agree Raya integral to the way we play.

Watching Raya was a revelation last season; it completely changed my view about what a good keeper does. I've seen plenty of sweeper-keepers good with their feet, but the attacking intensity from David was something else. I really hope he stays, as he's unique in my long BFC experience. Going back to a good "solid" keeper, no matter how "safe" their hands, would be a huge step backwards. Luckily, I know the DOFs know that, but just wonder how many there are out there in a similar mode to DR?
 

David Raya

If true, it means his heart is no longer with BFC - so hasta la vista Pedro and thanks for the memories.

I hate to break this to you but I doubt there are any players whose “hearts are with BFC”.

If he has a chance to move to what is still one of the biggest clubs in the world of course he’ll be keen.

I just can’t see us letting him go at this stage though. Far too important.
 
Last edited:

David Raya

I hate to break this to you but I doubt there are any players whose “hearts are with BFC”.

If he has a chance to move to what is still one of the biggest clubs in the world of course he’ll be keen.

I just can’t see us letting him go at this stage though. Far too important.

If the dof feel they can secure another goalkeeper with the attributes that make DR stand out, and the Arse offer top of the market money...he will go. However, there are two big 'if's' there and the beauty of how MB now has us set up is that if either cannot be met, we will dig our heels in. Worst case we may have DR on the sidelines until October with LD ably deputising. Thereafter, I would think he would accept the moment has passed, get his head down and get on with it. Same thing happened years ago when Arsenal wanted Mark Scwartzer in goal but his club (was if Fulham) refused and he lost out on the chance to go to a big club. He just got on with things like a good pro and we remember him as a great servant to the clubs he played for
 

David Raya

there are two big 'if's' there
There's two more 'ifs': IF Arsenal sell Martinez and IF Arsenal have not moved on from Raya in their search for a replacement, if the first if happens.
 

David Raya

He is a very good goalkeeper indeed. A great signing by the club who will cash in at some point, as they normally do.
Those that argue his two mistakes against Stoke and Fulham cost us promotion have a point, but that has to be balanced against many outstanding performances last season.
Keepers are often remembered by their mistakes though.
 

David Raya

Villa (puh!) have apparently upped their offer for Martinez to £15m.

I dont see the numbers working as we would demand most of that for our boy?

Macey? If he was that good Arse would have him as their number 2.
 

David Raya

This is all based on one 'story' that came from a clickbait site building on an Arsenal expression of interest. We have been told he has a knock, go with it. I expect he will play Saturday.
 

David Raya

This is all based on one 'story' that came from a clickbait site building on an Arsenal expression of interest. We have been told he has a knock, go with it. I expect he will play Saturday.

Yep, as usual plenty of people getting on DR’s case, accusing him of nor wanting to play for us, telling him to “do one” etc. etc. without knowing any of the facts.....
 

David Raya

Villa (puh!) have apparently upped their offer for Martinez to £15m.

I dont see the numbers working as we would demand most of that for our boy?

Macey? If he was that good Arse would have him as their number 2.

Arsenal are not doing this to make a profit though, Martinez wants first team football. I imagine we could just ask for whatever they get for him if we were inclined to sell Raya.
 

David Raya

The same way we should have told Ivan Toney to do one because he didn’t want to come here aye.

I did stay "started" as our first choice until we find a new keeper. Why keep on going on about Toney saying he didn't want to come to us, did you him him say it or just believe all the tittle tattle you read on here ?
 

David Raya

Arsenal are not doing this to make a profit though, Martinez wants first team football. I imagine we could just ask for whatever they get for him if we were inclined to sell Raya.
Martinez impressed sufficiently last season to suggest he should be starting at a prem or La Liga team. DR is, so far, mainly being talked about as capable back up, not a starting player at that level from what I can see so I highly doubt Arsenal would value him at the same price they think they can get for Martinez
 

David Raya

If he wants to go cash in. Sure we can get good money for him. If he’s happy to sit on the bench for Arsenal for a big part of his career then good look to him??. Decent player but doesn’t always fill me with confidence. There will be good replacements out there that cost less.
 

David Raya

If he hands in a transfer request. Let him go no one is bigger than the club. Get the right money for him and move on.
 

David Raya

Great goalie and perfect for our system.....but don’t want to play for us, then see you later and thanks for the Fulham memory !
 

David Raya

Etheridge going from Cardiff to Bham. Shame, always thought he was a quality keeper with a good no dickhead attitude who could go even further with the right coaching.
 

David Raya

Probably off the back of this story I reckon:



  • Villa's 2nd proposal of 15 million Pounds up front + installments afterwards (making a total of 20 million Pounds guaranteed) was accepted by Arsenal.
  • Arsenal are eyeing out Brentford's David Raya, who's not for sale.
  • Matt Macey, Arsenal's 3rd keeper, will leave this summer for first-team football.
 

David Raya

If he hands in a transfer request...meh.

But if he refuses to play...

Saturday will be interesting.
 

David Raya

I'd almost certainly say that Daniels will play on Sat...
 

David Raya

Jug Ears Mark II
 

David Raya

I wonder if he's over that injury that forced him to miss West Ham, Oxford & Wycombe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom