Will be on the pitch at ht today
Really wasn't interested.
Should be banned from GP, as the last time they came we list to Ipswich.Whilst I appreciate that there is a 'link' between our clubs, what really is the purpose of the FCM players being paraded on the pitch at half-time? It makes no sense at all and seems ill thought out. I just don't get it.
Perhaps PG asking a couple of players some questions about how they perceive the FA Cup or something along those lines would at least be an attempt to make a connection with BFC should there be further visits. At the moment though, to the vast majority of fans with little to no knowledge of FCM players, it's just a rabble of blokes walking around the pitch awkwardly clapping at us when we'd rather just watch a centre circle challenge or something.
Centre circle challenge?Pre season friendly?
I understand the common denominator here is Matthew, but realistically I'm hazarding a good guess and reckon less than 5% of Brentford fans really care about what goes on in Denmark.
Apart from Montell Moore having a loan spell out there has there being no bonding of brothers here.
I'm all for development but I can just imagine the reaction from our players if we asked someone like Alan Judge to pop over to Denmark late Feb one Sunday evening at one of their matches to wave at their crowd.
It looks forced and quite frankly awkward like meeting your long lost cousins from uncles and aunts you hardly see.
Most of us in New Road wondered who they were and why the sprinklers weren't on! Forgive us if we have a vaguely passing interest but it's Brentford and only Brentford for the majority.
Do we need to give another team a round of applause at half time? All a bit weird to me.
I understand why a lot of our fans have no interest in FCM. What I don't understand is why uninterested people feel the need, and go to the effort to say so.
I understand why a lot of our fans have no interest in FCM. What I don't understand is why uninterested people feel the need, and go to the effort to say so.
It's like 90% of the half time stuff, of no real interest and a filler. Nice to see and hear about Bees legends, care not a jot about any other of MBs interests but surprised some people so anti and upset if honest.
Can't we bring back middle aged men making fools of themselves missing penalties against youth team goalies?
That or sort it out man!That or sort it out man!
I was unaware that Cliff Crown played for them last season. He really milked that applause yesterday lol
That or sort it out man!
This has been answered quite a few times. The decision is on the basis of need and the assumption that both clubs will not have identical needs at the same time.What concerns me slightly is which club take priority as far as the DOF's are concerned...?
This has been answered quite a few times. The decision is on the basis of need and the assumption that both clubs will not have identical needs at the same time.
I also wonder the effect of having FCM being treated as honoured guests at GP & being given the honour of being presented to all 3 stands has on our own players. Do you think the likes of Macca, Harlee & Jake welcome them with open arms and say 'just go out there and take the applause from our own supporters'.
I know in my day job, if an equivalent team from elsewhere in the country were presented to our clients, that my team would be absolutely livid.
Is it any wonder we have lost both games when FCM have been given the 'lap of honour'.
Oh and im not uninterested in FCM, I actually cannot stand them. As far as I can see their presence and interests are distracting and has reduced Brentford to be a club run on a part time basis.
I just wish the club would give the old legends who have served this club so well the same kind of welcome that they gave FCM yesterday. I would have loved to have seen Bliss do a lap of honour and have taken the applause of the New Road & ER, instead of just being a speck in the crowd in the distance. But then again I guess Cliff Clown doesnt know him.
I find it pretty sad that some of our bitter fans think it's a great way of getting back at Matthew Benham by slagging off FC Midtylland
In the interests of fairness, I'm not sure that's the case with the TIT brothers. I don't think they have an agenda with MB - more so with some of the people running the club who have other, part time jobs as well.
As I said earlier, I wouldn't be quite so vitriolic with my comments on Twitter, but I do understand and mostly agree with the point they are trying to make - on this one, anyway.
Bliss was on the pitch last home game and Stan Bowles was on the pitch when we played Qpha.It would have been wasted on most of us who have a beer at half time anyway.I find it pretty sad that some of our bitter fans think it's a great way of getting back at Matthew Benham by slagging off FC Midtylland ah well we know what the next Front page of the Kray brothers rag will be about,need a couple more defeats then they will get printing lol
Granted Stan did do a lap of honour, but no one else has, and unless your in the Braemar you cant ever see whats going on with various other people on the pitch too. I think the former legend spot is a PR opportunity so badly wasted yet again.
Why would I want to have a go at Matthew Benham? If you read what I wrote, there is nowhere where I have a go at Mr Benham. If he wants to buy them, then thats up to him, doesnt mean I have to support them as well. Im only interested in supporting Brentford FC.
Plus I have never met the writers of the fanzine who are apparently comparable to vicious murderers. It may be hard for you to believe but some supporters can form their own opinions without reading fanzines etc