FC Midtjylland

FC Midtjylland

Drawn to play Apollon Limassol (Cyprus) - Ranked 178

Did the same thing as in the last round...lost 3-2 in first leg away.

So a 1-0 or 2-1 win at home in second leg will be enough.
 

FC Midtjylland

Did the same thing as in the last round...lost 3-2 in first leg away.

So a 1-0 or 2-1 win at home in second leg will be enough.

Pity they lost, but still in with a good chance.
 

FC Midtjylland

Did the same thing as in the last round...lost 3-2 in first leg away.

So a 1-0 or 2-1 win at home in second leg will be enough.

Not to be. A 1-1 draw at home not enough so fail to reach the group stage.
 

FC Midtjylland

Cruising to a 1-0 victory over Lyngby only to concede a 90+5 equaliser.
 

FC Midtjylland

Must check my bothered pocket, sometime.

but surely "success" at one or both of MB's teams are positive and keep the fires within burning, the longer MB is in love with running football clubs the better, is it not?
 

FC Midtjylland

but surely "success" at one or both of MB's teams are positive and keep the fires within burning, the longer MB is in love with running football clubs the better, is it not?

Not if they are a massive cash drain which could be put to better use elsewhere. I think FCM "fans" amongst our support must be pretty low.
 

FC Midtjylland

I see it scientifically, each club is running a series of experiments, using an analysis of the results to make continuous improvements or downgrade focus. Across 2 clubs, there will be slightly different inputs and varying results but it's going to almost double the learning and halve the learning time.
 

FC Midtjylland

Not if they are a massive cash drain which could be put to better use elsewhere. I think FCM "fans" amongst our support must be pretty low.

And to think MB was interested in a third club. Imagine the cash drain then!!
 

FC Midtjylland

I see it scientifically, each club is running a series of experiments, using an analysis of the results to make continuous improvements or downgrade focus. Across 2 clubs, there will be slightly different inputs and varying results but it's going to almost double the learning and halve the learning time.

I think this is the important thing to remember. What he's investing into FCM is supposed to benefit us in the longer term.
 

FC Midtjylland

I think this is the important thing to remember. What he's investing into FCM is supposed to benefit us in the longer term.

I haven't the faintest clue about the finances but FCM have a modern stadium and have had, in the 4 years since MB's involvement, consistent European football, including one in the Champions League; I doubt it's the money-pit that BFC is.
 

FC Midtjylland

I haven't the faintest clue about the finances but FCM have a modern stadium and have had, in the 4 years since MB's involvement, consistent European football, including one in the Champions League; I doubt it's the money-pit that BFC is.

https://www.fcm.dk/files/Images/fcm-fodbold/news-import/fcm_holding_-_aarsrapport_2014-2015.pdf

These are the accounts for 2014/2015, the latest I could find but I'm sure there are newer ones released. That loss wasn't small beer. In any case, you're right, both clubs can learn from each other, and good luck to them. They just aren't my cup of tea.
 
Last edited:

FC Midtjylland

Top last time I looked.
 

FC Midtjylland

I think being out of the Europa is helping them to better things in the league.

Won't help them next season then.
 

FC Midtjylland

They play music after their goals.

:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

FC Midtjylland

3-1 up with just over 10 minutes left and heading back to the top of the table.
 

FC Midtjylland

3-1 up with just over 10 minutes left and heading back to the top of the table.

2 goals in a minute, FCM lead 4-2
 

FC Midtjylland

Defeated Randers 4-0 last night to go top heading into winter break.
 

FC Midtjylland

Absolutely fair point. Really don’t get sod all for that money. Madness!!
 

FC Midtjylland

Slipped down to second tonight as they lost at home to Brondby who have replaced then in first place.
 

FC Midtjylland

Never realised until googling something completely unrelated today, but Bobby Moore played for one of the two teams which merged to form FC Midtjylland. There's some trivia for ya.
 

FC Midtjylland

1-1 draw away at EM's old team Nordsjaelland, coupled with Brondby's 1-1 draw at Horsens means they are still level at the top of the Super Liga, seven points clear of third place.
 

FC Midtjylland

They’ve not finished yet.

You sure? They've played 26 games in a 14 team league. I know they have a "Championship Round", but from looking at the Wiki page the CL place has already been decided :shrug:
 

FC Midtjylland

You sure? They've played 26 games in a 14 team league. I know they have a "Championship Round", but from looking at the Wiki page the CL place has already been decided :shrug:

I think the table after 36 games will be the one that counts.
 
Back
Top Bottom