FC Midtjylland

FC Midtjylland

An FC Copenhagen loss keeps FCM top.
 

FC Midtjylland

FCM seem to win every week. Today it was just the 5-0...

I don’t know too much about them but I think they are similar to us in terms of relative size - I.e they won’t have the highest resources in their league (e.g, Copenhagen, brondby), even if they have better resources for their league relative to the other teams than we do in our league.

So do they play the same style of football?

Do they utilise similar marginal differences that we try to?

Essentially, what I’d like to know is why do things seem to be working so well there compared to us?
 

FC Midtjylland

FCM seem to win every week. Today it was just the 5-0...

I don’t know too much about them but I think they are similar to us in terms of relative size - I.e they won’t have the highest resources in their league (e.g, Copenhagen, brondby), even if they have better resources for their league relative to the other teams than we do in our league.

So do they play the same style of football?

Do they utilise similar marginal differences than we try to?

Essentially, what I’d like to know is why do things seem to be working so well there compared to us?

They have a bigger budget in a weaker league.
 

FC Midtjylland

FCM seem to win every week. Today it was just the 5-0...

I don’t know too much about them but I think they are similar to us in terms of relative size - I.e they won’t have the highest resources in their league (e.g, Copenhagen, brondby), even if they have better resources for their league relative to the other teams than we do in our league.

So do they play the same style of football?

Do they utilise similar marginal differences than we try to?

Essentially, what I’d like to know is why do things seem to be working so well there compared to us?

Not going to lie I know nothing about Danish football but the financial imbalance in Denmark can't be anywhere near the amount we have to contend with. I would imagine a fair few clubs in the championship have bigger budgets than the top Danish teams
 

FC Midtjylland

Yeah I get that, and I tried to make that point. So are we overachieving as much as they are?

Try asking MB, he would be able to give you an answer based on some statistical evidence rather than hunches from the GPG My hunch is they are overachieving as much as we are/or us them but in Denmark that translates in to being a top 3 side and sometimes winning the league.
 

FC Midtjylland

Currently top on goal difference, 9 points ahead of the team in 3rd place. Good luck to them.
 

FC Midtjylland

Try asking MB, he would be able to give you an answer based on some statistical evidence rather than hunches from the GPG My hunch is they are overachieving as much as we are/or us them but in Denmark that translates in to being a top 3 side and sometimes winning the league.

....they've got a 20yr old Brazilian kid who's the nutz.....€€€€€€€s ++++.....same set-up as BFC....but much better website and markt dept.
 

FC Midtjylland

....they've got a 20yr old Brazilian kid who's the nutz.....€€€€€€€s ++++.....same set-up as BFC....but much better website and markt dept.
One thing is that they're able to fish in a larger pond than us as their immigration rules allow them to recruit more easily from Africa and South America, where they have had a degree of success in the last few years. The story of Pione Sisto covered this aspect.
 

FC Midtjylland

One thing is that they're able to fish in a larger pond than us as their immigration rules allow them to recruit more easily from Africa and South America, where they have had a degree of success in the last few years. The story of Pione Sisto covered this aspect.

....does this effectively mean that Denmarks immigration policy is better for business.
 

FC Midtjylland

Always thought Denmarks immigration policy was tougher than our?
Will have to look up MB's summary.

Here you go:

"the key thing is that they can get involved with non EU players in a way that an English club simply cant. thats not really something that will benefit BFC, as it takes a while to get EU passports in denmark, but the idea is that FCM can develop non EU players to help the club get into Europe regularly - and also to sell the best ones to other European clubs"
 

FC Midtjylland

Always thought Denmarks immigration policy was tougher than our?
Will have to look up MB's summary.
Ours is very restrictive with some preposterous rules. When I brought my Indian staff over, I would get Polish visas and get them to travel around Europe for “Meetings”, although I’m sure Poland’s present government has made a big change in that!
 

FC Midtjylland

Lost 2-1 last night in top of the table clash with FC Copenhagen.
 

FC Midtjylland

....they've got a 20yr old Brazilian kid who's the nutz.....€€€€€€€s ++++.....same set-up as BFC....but much better website and markt dept.

Their Brazilian kid is Evander, a 20 year-old former Brazil U-17 international. They’ve got him on loan from Vasco da Gama until the end of this season for a fee of €900,000.

It was looking like he might break into the Vasco team this season - he scored twice in preliminary round Libertadores game in January - but Vasco’s financial situation is such that they want to put him in the European shop window and sell him on for a bigger amount.

If the rules were different, this would be a great market for MB and his team to work in for us.
 

FC Midtjylland

.................3-0 home winners ................
 

FC Midtjylland

Top of table on goal difference, having played one game more.

Good result against team that were third in the table (now fourth).
 

FC Midtjylland

Won 1-0 away. 3 points behind the leaders, but miles in front of 3rd placed team.
 

FC Midtjylland

FC Midtjylland

I see that FCM's Youth Team is in a Play-Off against AS Roma next Tuesday for entry into the UEFA Youth League:
https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/news/newsid=2570226.html

This tournament is a sort of 'Champions League for Kids' and may be of interest to Mr. Benham, since this competition was cooked up by UEFA to replace his NextGen tournament of a few years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Youth_League
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NextGen_Series_(2011%E2%80%9313)

They have beaten Roma on penalties https://twitter.com/fcm_LIVE/status/1098235674229161984
 

FC Midtjylland

Another away win today for the first team, puts them level on points with FC Copenhagen, but have played a game more.
 

FC Midtjylland

Another away win today for the first team, puts them level on points with FC Copenhagen, but have played a game more.

Finished with nine men too, the oppo finished with ten.
 

FC Midtjylland

Level on points with FC Copenhagen after today's away win, but have played one game more.
 

FC Midtjylland

FCM U19 won 3-1 vs Manchester United today.

As Tottenham lost 0-2 to Porto, FCM will have to go to Portugal for the next round.
 

FC Midtjylland

.............2-0 home win last night..............
 

FC Midtjylland

Copenhagen have a 5 point gap now. Big match this Thursday against them, lose it and gap of 8 could be difficult to bridge.
 

FC Midtjylland

Look who just scored for Copenhagen.
 

FC Midtjylland

Title over.
 

FC Midtjylland

They can't catch Copenhagen but no-one can catch them, so it's a second place finish. Interesting that FCM lined up 3-4-3.
 
Back
Top Bottom