Tickets Ipswich (A)

Ipswich (A)

Going to be a fastest finger for members though?
As it always is, to some degree, whilst we have one members window instead of multiple ones.
At least there should be hundreds available rather than the 50 or so members had to fight over for Spurs and Chelsea this season.
 

Ipswich (A)

I still find it weird, that we have 11k STH, yet when it is available straight away to all STH first, it doesn't sell out straight away for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
 

Ipswich (A)

I still find it weird, that we have 11k STH, yet when it is available straight away to all STH first, it doesn't sell out straight away for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
ST holder here. :wave:
I'll have been to all but one home game come the end of the season. (250 mile round trip for each game).
And 1 away - Southampton.
Simple decision for me, based on prioritising the time and money I can spend on watching Bees. ?‍♂️
 

Ipswich (A)

I still find it weird, that we have 11k STH, yet when it is available straight away to all STH first, it doesn't sell out straight away for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
One day we will have over 3000 STH who want to go to every away game. Today we don’t. But I think opening up the tickets like for this game is a good way of getting the numbers up.
 

Ipswich (A)

I still find it weird, that we have 11k STH, yet when it is available straight away to all STH first, it doesn't sell out straight away for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
Which is why ST holders should have no or very little benefit for aways .
 

Ipswich (A)

Got my ticket...but train not yet booked.
Are they going to send me a discount code this time or should I just book?
(usually I end up booking the train and they helpfully then send the code afterwards)
Can you use the code after?
 

Ipswich (A)

I still find it weird, that we have 11k STH, yet when it is available straight away to all STH first, it doesn't sell out straight away for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
Rolling taps will change this over time.
 

Ipswich (A)

I still find it weird, that we have 11k STH, yet when it is available straight away to all STH first, it doesn't sell out straight away for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
T’was ever thus; not everyone is a traveller. Although Portman Road is probably closer to you than Brentford, my son in Somerset and self-employed, has to judge away games carefully… but we are doing Ipswich as it’s 3pm on a Saturday and a good day (and a bit) out.
 

Ipswich (A)

I don’t agree with this. And I think I future we will see a lot higher take up in future.
I should have made clear , under the old TAPS system i didn't agree with it but if it helps to sell out more games ( not convinced but hope so ) then i am ok with it
 

Ipswich (A)

Shouldn't tickets now be sold in TAP's tranches regardless of being a STH or a member?
This is often suggested e.g. by Nick above.

The starting point is the supporters' charter which says season ticket holders always get first priority.
I'm not sure what BIAS's view and the club's view is on this idea and who would be pushing for any change.
As we know members get access to most games anyway.
 

Ipswich (A)

I still find it weird, that we have 11k STH, yet when it is available straight away to all STH first, it doesn't sell out straight away for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
This is often suggested e.g. by Nick above.

The starting point is the supporters' charter which says season ticket holders always get first priority.
I'm not sure what BIAS's view and the club's view is on this idea and who would be pushing for any change.
As we know members get access to most games anyway.
It would be interesting to know the age profile of our STH. I would guess many are in the heritage bracket (like myself and my wife) for whom away games can be a challenge. We get to a few but many require too much travelling. Presumably this profile will change as we fall off the perch and a younger cohort come through. I anticipate they will attend more away games.
 

Ipswich (A)

It would be interesting to know the age profile of our STH. I would guess many are in the heritage bracket (like myself and my wife) for whom away games can be a challenge. We get to a few but many require too much travelling. Presumably this profile will change as we fall off the perch and a younger cohort come through. I anticipate they will attend more away games.
Agree mine are me and two kids, they have lots of other weekend commitments and with so many games moving times, it’s difficult to always commit to away matches. They now enter GCSE and A level exams and lots of revision rather than football. We travel to home games further than many too. Time is tight.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Ipswich (A)

Agree mine are me and two kids, they have lots of other weekend commitments and with so many games moving times, it’s difficult to always commit to away matches. They now enter GCSE and A level exams and lots of revision rather than football. We travel to home games further than many too. Time is tight.
Get an educational podcast on for the journey, reward their efforts with the away days ??
 

Ipswich (A)

Get an educational podcast on for the journey, reward their efforts with the away days ??
??
I’m going without them ? just pointing out that I suspect a fair few STH will be kids who won’t necessarily go to many away games
 

Ipswich (A)

Looks that way although I reckon the ticket offices’ asshole must have briefly been going during that first 30 mins when tickets were flying out the window
I don't think so at all. As I said earlier we have never sold 3,000 tickets to STHers this season. Even to Arsenal, Spurs, Southampton, West Ham and Chelsea. All of which are easier to get to than....Ipswich.
 

Ipswich (A)

This is often suggested e.g. by Nick above.

The starting point is the supporters' charter which says season ticket holders always get first priority.
I'm not sure what BIAS's view and the club's view is on this idea and who would be pushing for any change.
As we know members get access to most games anyway.
At present there is no settled BIAS view as it is not an open issue. As a broad matter, unless there is a strong case to the benefit of fans we are not in favour of removing existing rights as per the supporters’ charter upon which STs have just decided to renew their STs on. BU has raised the issue and seem to favour a change. I don’t know the club’s view but it didn’t jump to support BU when it was raised.

Personally, I think in theory there could be a benefit overall in making away tickets more easily acquired by high attending members if we are to move to a point where we more regularly sell out away allocations. But at the very least that’ll need to be based on data about actual fan behaviour and demand. The change to rolling TAPs already is designed to shift the focus on eligibility to more recent attendance home and away. The effects of that in practice will need to be looked at before another, potentially bigger change. As I understand it, the number of members with >1k rolling TAPs is relatively small as a % of the total membership and a fairly sizeable proportion of those (depending on ST renewal rate) may next season be STs. So at the moment I think a change to doing away tickets just by TAPs without preference to STs might not actually promote very many members very much higher than they currently are. It is possible that in the future there will be a group who go to lots of aways but either don’t qualify for or don’t want STs. If that looks to be developing, the case for a change becomes stronger.
 

Ipswich (A)

Does anyone have a spare train code please?? Our party coming from two different starting stations so trying to maximise savings!! Your help is appreciated
 

Ipswich (A)

Does anyone have a spare train code please?? Our party coming from two different starting stations so trying to maximise savings!! Your help is appreciated
PM me your email address...
 

Ipswich (A)

At present there is no settled BIAS view as it is not an open issue. As a broad matter, unless there is a strong case to the benefit of fans we are not in favour of removing existing rights as per the supporters’ charter upon which STs have just decided to renew their STs on. BU has raised the issue and seem to favour a change. I don’t know the club’s view but it didn’t jump to support BU when it was raised.

Personally, I think in theory there could be a benefit overall in making away tickets more easily acquired by high attending members if we are to move to a point where we more regularly sell out away allocations. But at the very least that’ll need to be based on data about actual fan behaviour and demand. The change to rolling TAPs already is designed to shift the focus on eligibility to more recent attendance home and away. The effects of that in practice will need to be looked at before another, potentially bigger change. As I understand it, the number of members with >1k rolling TAPs is relatively small as a % of the total membership and a fairly sizeable proportion of those (depending on ST renewal rate) may next season be STs. So at the moment I think a change to doing away tickets just by TAPs without preference to STs might not actually promote very many members very much higher than they currently are. It is possible that in the future there will be a group who go to lots of aways but either don’t qualify for or don’t want STs. If that looks to be developing, the case for a change becomes stronger.
I'm working on the assumption that there are members who would like to have a ST, but there's not enough on offer, so these members with high TAP's are kind of being discriminated against?
 

Ipswich (A)

At present there is no settled BIAS view as it is not an open issue. As a broad matter, unless there is a strong case to the benefit of fans we are not in favour of removing existing rights as per the supporters’ charter upon which STs have just decided to renew their STs on. BU has raised the issue and seem to favour a change. I don’t know the club’s view but it didn’t jump to support BU when it was raised.

Personally, I think in theory there could be a benefit overall in making away tickets more easily acquired by high attending members if we are to move to a point where we more regularly sell out away allocations. But at the very least that’ll need to be based on data about actual fan behaviour and demand. The change to rolling TAPs already is designed to shift the focus on eligibility to more recent attendance home and away. The effects of that in practice will need to be looked at before another, potentially bigger change. As I understand it, the number of members with >1k rolling TAPs is relatively small as a % of the total membership and a fairly sizeable proportion of those (depending on ST renewal rate) may next season be STs. So at the moment I think a change to doing away tickets just by TAPs without preference to STs might not actually promote very many members very much higher than they currently are. It is possible that in the future there will be a group who go to lots of aways but either don’t qualify for or don’t want STs. If that looks to be developing, the case for a change becomes stronger.
If it makes little difference then I don't see why those that are disadvanted should be disadvantaged because they elect (for whatever reason) to not buy a Season Ticket. It's a very stange qualifier to use ahead of TAPs.

"Hey I've got all these Ticket Access Points, can I have a ticket?"
"Have you got a Season Ticket? No? Oh well, there's 11,000 people in front of you..."
 

Ipswich (A)

I'm working on the assumption that there are members who would like to have a ST, but there's not enough on offer, so these members with high TAP's are kind of being discriminated against?
We don’t yet know the TAPs threshold for new 25-26 STs. But the threshold last season and for each season in the PL for adults to get a ST has never been above 1000. 1000 rolling TAPs takes you IIRC to Tier 3. On that basis, the practical impact on members of STs getting 95% of the initial away allocation at the moment is extremely limited. But there may come a point when away demand increases and tier 3 STs will by definition be fans who almost never go to away games so a change would be fair.
 

Ipswich (A)

If it makes little difference then I don't see why those that are disadvanted should be disadvantaged because they elect (for whatever reason) to not buy a Season Ticket. It's a very stange qualifier to use ahead of TAPs.

"Hey I've got all these Ticket Access Points, can I have a ticket?"
"Have you got a Season Ticket? No? Oh well, there's 11,000 people in front of you..."
Let’s see how it actually plays out behaviourally. We had enough upset at the move to rolling TAPs from people with a millionty legacy TAPs but who didn’t go to away games any more.
 

Ipswich (A)

We don’t yet know the TAPs threshold for new 25-26 STs. But the threshold last season and for each season in the PL for adults to get a ST has never been above 1000. 1000 rolling TAPs takes you IIRC to Tier 3. On that basis, the practical impact on members of STs getting 95% of the initial away allocation at the moment is extremely limited. But there may come a point when away demand increases and tier 3 STs will by definition be fans who almost never go to away games so a change would be fair.
"fair"
 

Ipswich (A)

The people that don't have STs are those that are away at university etc
The people we want to attract to away games are the young
So we erect a completely unnecessary and unintuitive barrier to them going.
Genius.
 

Ipswich (A)

The people that don't have STs are those that are away at university etc
The people we want to attract to away games are the young
So we erect a completely unnecessary and unintuitive barrier to them going.
Genius.
I think the modelling of uni students is a bit more complex than that.
 

Ipswich (A)

I’m not in favour of chipping away rights from season ticket holders. They are currently a category under attack from some other clubs and I don’t want Brentford joining in on that.
rights? what rights? and what about the rights of members to access tickets in alignment with their TAPs?
 

Ipswich (A)

I’m not in favour of chipping away rights from season ticket holders. They are currently a category under attack from some other clubs and I don’t want Brentford joining in on that.
Time for away season tickets then ?
 

Ipswich (A)

Heres an idea.................... Why dont we just do away with season tickets then?
How about we start again and go: "we need a why for fans to access tickets in a fair and equitable way. How do we achieve that?" - the answer isn't "give those that buy a particular ticket to home games absolute priority over everyone else"
 
Back
Top Bottom