Jack Wilshere

GP200

Voice of the mysterons...
Joined
22 Apr 2003
Messages
73,072
Reaction score
8,468
Location
3d Jazz Mart-Motorcity.......

Jack Wilshere

...................the young fella had another exceptional game last night............has the talent to become an England regular and a very good player.................didn't look phased by the opposition and created alot...................
 

Jack Wilshere

Just hope Capello was watching and realised he's not a bloody holding midfielder!!!!
 

Jack Wilshere

Amazing talent
 

Jack Wilshere

If I was Guardiola I would be tracking this lad and not Fabregas.
 

Jack Wilshere

...................the young fella had another exceptional game last night............has the talent to become an England regular and a very good player.................didn't look phased by the opposition and created alot...................

Don't think you need much talent to become an England regular......

But agreed.....fantastic performance from the lad......Arsenal's best players last night were aged 19 & 20
 

Jack Wilshere

Don't think you need much talent to become an England regular......

But agreed.....fantastic performance from the lad......Arsenal's best players last night were aged 19 & 20

Best player on the pitch imo. Don't think he gave the ball away once and his passing was superb.
 

Jack Wilshere

I love watching this kid play football. Everything he does seems so natural and effortless.
 

Jack Wilshere

Best player on the pitch imo. Don't think he gave the ball away once and his passing was superb.

He glides when in possession of the ball - such effortless control of the ball whilst moving is a trait not that common in English players.
 

Jack Wilshere

there are some wonderfully poetic phrases being used here. love it!
 

Jack Wilshere

I love watching this kid play football. Everything he does seems so natural and effortless.

couldn't agree more - with the young Chelsea player coming through (Mac something ) the future of England's midfield actually looks good ..!
 

Jack Wilshere

couldn't agree more - with the young Chelsea player coming through (Mac something ) the future of England's midfield actually looks good ..!

Barry, Gerrard, Lampard have been around too long. Not hungry enough anymore and won nowt.
Hope these new youngsters get a better England manager though!
 

Jack Wilshere

Apparently, he can loose the plot a bit off field. If he can control that/get out of that habit, then he has the making of a great footballer, otherwise he will have the offield reputataion of Joey Barton, Jodie Morris and John Terry put together.
 

Jack Wilshere

Will he ever be the same again?
 

Jack Wilshere

I'm sure he will, just niggling injuries rather than what happened to Ramsey. Question is will he ever be fit enough again?

This couldn't have happened to a player with more potential than him (that is English) which is a shame, however, as a person, he seems quite the ****
 

Jack Wilshere

hope he comes back as he would be great for England. but might go the same way as Michael Owen... :cry:
 

Jack Wilshere

i dont think you spend as long out as he has without there being a real problem.I dont think he will ever be the same again...not that i know what that is as ive never watched him play
 

Jack Wilshere

had he been a lot older this would have finished him, as he's young he can recover more quicker...
 

Jack Wilshere

.............too much is expected of him for club and country.............
 

Jack Wilshere

His 'rehab' does seem to be taking ages.
 

Jack Wilshere

A bit worrying for a young player to be having an injury taking longer than expected to sort out.
 

Jack Wilshere

.............too much is expected of him for club and country.............

Exactly...all we seem to talk about when England put in another pathetic, embarrassing performance is how he is our only true football player and how it will be when he gets fit. The lad has not played for over a year, they are predicting another 3 months. They said that last year and another 12 months have passed.
I wonder if he will ever play properly again let alone lead England to glory.
 

Jack Wilshere

its must be worrying for him as he could have broken both legs and both arms and been back quicker.an ankle injury wrecked Dean Ashtons career
 

Jack Wilshere

Heard a rumour that he failed a drugs test and the FA swept it under the carpet!
Anyone else hear this?
 

Jack Wilshere

I heard a rumour that was supposed to have come from an Arsenal physio that his knee/ankle would never stand up to pro football again, that was way before last season ended and came from a contact up here who had spoken to them about loaning another lad who was injured at the time. He asked if JW would make the Euros and was told that, very sad if true, the latest bit of news backs it up but hopefully it's a chinese whisper that has grown.
 

Jack Wilshere

.....................................first game back today.......................
 

Jack Wilshere

Sounds like a lot of these rumours about him are pretty much nonsense.

Good to see Arsenal focussing on developing young British talent as their future given 5 have signed up.
 

Jack Wilshere

Sounds like a lot of these rumours about him are pretty much nonsense.

Good to see Arsenal focussing on developing young British talent as their future given 5 have signed up.

I think he's a huge talent who seems to have realised that he should make the most of it. The rumours you refer to were very strong, he had a large group of admirers that allegedly encouraged him to rrelax and enjoy his injury rather than rush back quickly. I believe he got in a little bit of trouble but saw sense, got rid of the hangers on including his mate Charlie and patched things up with his ex girlfriend and mother of his child.
 

Jack Wilshere

Yesterday, a picture of Jack Wilshere in a club was doing the round on the social media which Wenger claim he was not happy with when he was queried about it during his pre-game press conference yesterday. Wilshere has however defended himself by claiming he is no smoker and also posting a picture of former World footballer of the year Zinedine Zidane smoking.

http://goonerhead.com/picture-even-...ts/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
 

Jack Wilshere

Maybe if Jack Wilshere was 25% as good as Zidane then it could be justifiable.

I dont care if footballers smoke. I really dont.
 

Jack Wilshere

Maybe if Jack Wilshere was 25% as good as Zidane then it could be justifiable.

I dont care if footballers smoke. I really dont.

They're the only buggers who can afford it.
 

Jack Wilshere

Maybe if Jack Wilshere was 25% as good as Zidane then it could be justifiable.

I dont care if footballers smoke. I really dont.

Agreed. Big deal! Yet it seems perfectly acceptable for players to drink in nightclubs instead
 

Jack Wilshere

seems to have ruffled a few feathers with his comments about you should only play for England if your born in England...Kevin Pietersen has waded in '.@JackWilshere -interested to know how you define foreigner...? Would that include me, Strauss, Trott, Prior, Justin Rose, Froome, Mo Farah?'

I personally think all of the above should qualify for England as have either English parents or grandparents or came to England as a child..what I don't agree with is residency qualification if you have come to the country ie the Man Utd player and qualifies after a certain amount of years.
 
Last edited:

Jack Wilshere

"If I went to Spain and lived there for five years, I'm not going to play for Spain"

...right... because if you were Spanish you'd almost certainly be picked for the Spain team :rolleyes:
 

Jack Wilshere

Terry Butcher was born in Singapore and John Barnes was born in Jamaican, I don't like the fact about someone playing in this league for 5 years that can qualify for England tbh.. as long as we win a major cup in my lifetime I want mind as the players we have are crap..

I wonder what he thought of his team mate Manuel Almunia's potential claim to play for England in 2009 then..
 

Jack Wilshere

seems to have ruffled a few feathers with his comments about you should only play for England if your born in England...Kevin Pietersen has waded in '.@JackWilshere -interested to know how you define foreigner...? Would that include me, Strauss, Trott, Prior, Justin Rose, Froome, Mo Farah?'

I personally think all of the above should qualify for England as have either English parents or grandparents or came to England as a child..what I don't agree with is residency qualification if you have come to the country ie the Man Utd player and qualifies after a certain amount of years.

Out of interest, how does "came to England as a child" differ from "residency qualification"?
 

Jack Wilshere

Isnt the whole Januzaj situation a pointless discussion as the Home Nations came to an agreement about qualification and residencey some time ago. They agreed you needed to be in education within that country for 5 years. Januzaj would never have received that education in England so the discussion becomes irrelevant. Angel Rangel looked into it before for Wales and was told no.

Saying that, Wilshere's argument holds no water when you consider the individuals mentioned by bees66 and hanworthbee
 

Jack Wilshere

Out of interest, how does "came to England as a child" differ from "residency qualification"?

well without looking at the actual facts of his childhood I would happily accept Assombalonga playing for England with no English blood as he came here as a child but I would not like Cisqo of Newcastle to play for us as he probably qualifies through being here five years

I don't really think JW really thought about what he was saying when he said it rather than actually meaning it
 

Jack Wilshere

"If I went to Spain and lived there for five years, I'm not going to play for Spain"

...right... because if you were Spanish you'd almost certainly be picked for the Spain team :rolleyes:

In fairness, I don't think that was really the point he was trying to make lol
 

Jack Wilshere

i'm sorta half-heartedly following this moronic story - isn't it Hodgson's stupid comments first which caused the problem? why say we're "looking" at this Januzaj? we couldn't have him til 2018 if we did and we'd piss off all our buddies if we did that. stupid roy...
 
Back
Top Bottom