James Tarkowski -

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Tarkowski -

West Brom now apparently interested in Tarky.

Let the bidding war commence.

Should someone tell him that Tony Pulis is prone to organising 7:00am training sessions on cold winters mornings starting with open-air ice baths?
 

James Tarkowski -

West Brom now apparently interested in Tarky.

Let the bidding war commence.

Whilst it's never nice to lose a valuable player, it's always strangely satisfying when the team that ****ed you around in the first place gets shafted. Go Baggies!
 

James Tarkowski -

One lump in the middle with experience and organising abilities......3 behind (4 inc keeper)........2 either side.........2 infront and 2 up front ......what can be simpler?

Button
Collin Barbet Bidwell

Mcreachan "LUMP" MaCleod

Canos/LONG Judge
Djurican
Hof

Excuse spelling!! and just giving example.........rip to shreds , but open to discussion!!

We still have Harlee......
 

James Tarkowski -

We still have Harlee......

Also I forgot about Woods........I purposely left HD out for the same reason as JT &TD......AJ is in there because I don't think he will be going any where very soon!
Long was put in as a tongue in cheek.......!

I could actually see Bidders as stepping into the "Lump" position......?......Anyway Tarks thread,should have posted in other.....ooops!
 

James Tarkowski -

One lump in the middle with experience and organising abilities......3 behind (4 inc keeper)........2 either side.........2 infront and 2 up front ......what can be simpler?

Button
Collin Barbet Bidwell

Mcreachan "LUMP" MaCleod

Canos/LONG Judge
Djurican
Hof

Excuse spelling!! and just giving example.........rip to shreds , but open to discussion!!

It's not going to be a very long discussion because MB has spent a fortune on back room staff and football philosophers who were brought in to make sure we keep the same style of play from our kids right through to the first team. He is creating the Brentford DNA, he is not going to suddenly say lets go all over the place with three at the back, two up front and randoms like Long playing on the right. Who is this long Fellow you talk of anyway, are you thinking we may be after Chris Long? If so is he really going to be any good on the right wing?
 

James Tarkowski -

Naarwich wont.....they have just got Pinto and are eyeing up Timm Klose (2.5 mill could be shout for us?).....Derby & Sheffield...nah.......West Brom......can't see it.....Burnley.....yup! (or so I am told!).....just hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later,so that we can get on with it........friggin mid season transfer window.....pah!

There you go- West Brom announce interest again today. Newsnow is the best source of information on everything in my opinion.
 

James Tarkowski -

I think this will be a record fee for an Oldham youth product.
 

James Tarkowski -

James Tarkowski -

:D More than we've ever got I suspect. I was thinking it might be your highly rated wonderkid Wayne Harrison - saw him back on loan for you in a 3rd cup match against us. Coldest I've ever been at a football match.
 

James Tarkowski -

James Tarkowski -

:D More than we've ever got I suspect. I was thinking it might be your highly rated wonderkid Wayne Harrison - saw him back on loan for you in a 3rd cup match against us. Coldest I've ever been at a football match.
£250k.

Died recently.
 

James Tarkowski -

:D More than we've ever got I suspect. I was thinking it might be your highly rated wonderkid Wayne Harrison - saw him back on loan for you in a 3rd cup match against us. Coldest I've ever been at a football match.

I reckon he was still their player then Lesley, I reckon he got the move after that game, Micky Quinn scored after about 13 seconds.......it was bitterly cold and it was the 80s, I was wearing Kung Fu shoes FFS! I left 4 toes up there.
 

James Tarkowski -

I reckon he was still their player then Lesley, I reckon he got the move after that game, Micky Quinn scored after about 13 seconds.......it was bitterly cold and it was the 80s, I was wearing Kung Fu shoes FFS! I left 4 toes up there.

Was that during the time OAFC had the plastic pitch? Like Les that is the coldest I have ever been at a football match
 

James Tarkowski -

I reckon he was still their player then Lesley, I reckon he got the move after that game, Micky Quinn scored after about 13 seconds.......it was bitterly cold and it was the 80s, I was wearing Kung Fu shoes FFS! I left 4 toes up there.

I thought having less than 10 toes was the normal for Northampton people, you're just trying to fit in aren't you?! ;)
 

James Tarkowski -

Right,I'm getting bored of all this now.

If anyone doesn't want to play for us anymore,tell the club you do want to play for to pay the full asking price and then jog the **** on.

****ing mercenaries the lot of 'em.

(Except for King Jots of course:love:)
 

James Tarkowski -

Whilst it's never nice to lose a valuable player, it's always strangely satisfying when the team that ****ed you around in the first place gets shafted. Go Baggies!

Plus surely we would rather sell to a team in Prem rather than one of our direct rivals! Win win all round if this happens.
 

James Tarkowski -

Hope we sort this quickly. IMO a centre back has a priority which is to defend. All centre backs at this level look to play it out from the back. Tarks goes a bit further by pushing a bit more into mid but IMO I'd rather trade that bit for a solid defender.It's no coincidence that the top teams in most leagues have the tightest defences. Tarks has always made me nervous defensively and moving him on should strengthen us provided a replacement does the basics and that includes putting his foot through the ball when the percentage play is the best option.
 

James Tarkowski -

Plus surely we would rather sell to a team in Prem rather than one of our direct rivals! Win win all round if this happens.

Agreed, Surprised at West Brom's interest though as he doesn't seem to be a Tony Pulis type of defender.
 

James Tarkowski -

It's not going to be a very long discussion because MB has spent a fortune on back room staff and football philosophers who were brought in to make sure we keep the same style of play from our kids right through to the first team. He is creating the Brentford DNA, he is not going to suddenly say lets go all over the place with three at the back, two up front and randoms like Long playing on the right. Who is this long Fellow you talk of anyway, are you thinking we may be after Chris Long? If so is he really going to be any good on the right wing?

I put it there as an example, If you read my later post, I put Long as "tongue in cheek"....perhaps I forgot the fishing rod etc.
I always respect your opinions , however much I am on board with the program and MB's philosophies , it does not mean that tactically things could/might change.
We are still in the new phase,we already know that MB will change things if it's not working,so to state that everything from the kids through remains the same, does not equate with me (IMO).
I leave it to those that are paid "a fortune" to get it right,however it does not stop me or others thinking a line up differing from the week in week out style could make us different?
Perhaps other teams have sussed us,perhaps it is time to get them thinking what formation we may adopt?
Also why should not players adapt?......or is that too old school?

Like I said "rip to shreds"......I also apologise to others,I should have put this in the other thread......back to Tark's!
 

James Tarkowski -

Hope we sort this quickly. IMO a centre back has a priority which is to defend. All centre backs at this level look to play it out from the back. Tarks goes a bit further by pushing a bit more into mid but IMO I'd rather trade that bit for a solid defender.It's no coincidence that the top teams in most leagues have the tightest defences. Tarks has always made me nervous defensively and moving him on should strengthen us provided a replacement does the basics and that includes putting his foot through the ball when the percentage play is the best option.

Leon Legge to return then!
 

James Tarkowski -

There you go- West Brom announce interest again today. Newsnow is the best source of information on everything in my opinion.

That was announced a couple of days ago......do any of us actually BEElieve Tark's is a Prem quality defender.......sorry but I certainly don't.....and as I said "can't see it".......maybe I am wrong but it's all about peoples opinions.......yours respected.
 

James Tarkowski -

I put it there as an example, If you read my later post, I put Long as "tongue in cheek"....perhaps I forgot the fishing rod etc.
I always respect your opinions , however much I am on board with the program and MB's philosophies , it does not mean that tactically things could/might change.
We are still in the new phase,we already know that MB will change things if it's not working,so to state that everything from the kids through remains the same, does not equate with me (IMO).
I leave it to those that are paid "a fortune" to get it right,however it does not stop me or others thinking a line up differing from the week in week out style could make us different?
Perhaps other teams have sussed us,perhaps it is time to get them thinking what formation we may adopt?
Also why should not players adapt?......or is that too old school?

Like I said "rip to shreds"......I also apologise to others,I should have put this in the other thread......back to Tark's!

I don't necessarily agree with the one shoe fits all but I really do think that MB does. We should have gone 2 up top versus Walsall and gone for it last 20 rather than bring KK on do run around in circles, however I do not think he will change this part of his philosophy.
 

James Tarkowski -

I don't necessarily agree with the one shoe fits all but I really do think that MB does. We should have gone 2 up top versus Walsall and gone for it last 20 rather than bring KK on do run around in circles, however I do not think he will change this part of his philosophy.

Totally agree.....problem being how do you differentiate between philosophy and tactics........it could become dictatorship......which then means managers/head coaches must fall into line.
Fully on board with MB and I am loving where we are.....just wish we could sort this Tark's,Toum's,Dean,Judge thing out asap........still wonder why none have come out publicly and said "I AM A BEE,END OF"!!!
 

James Tarkowski -

I don't necessarily agree with the one shoe fits all but I really do think that MB does. We should have gone 2 up top versus Walsall and gone for it last 20 rather than bring KK on do run around in circles, however I do not think he will change this part of his philosophy.

Think most of us wanted to see that. At first i'd assumed it was because Hoff was out of gas (think he was) but we could've put Canos alongside Marco if we'd wanted to play 2 up top in the last 15/20.

Our reluctance to do that is sonething i struggle to understand. Kitchen sink time = more forwards on the pitch for me
 

James Tarkowski -

We should have gone 2 up top versus Walsall and gone for it last 20 rather than bring KK on do run around in circles...
We did go 2 up top with Dean, leaving a 3-man defence; Hofmann was out on his feet and Harlee is better with the big headers (although we could have brought O'Connell up, who seems to be the best attacking header of the ball).
 

James Tarkowski -

Think most of us wanted to see that. At first i'd assumed it was because Hoff was out of gas (think he was) but we could've put Canos alongside Marco if we'd wanted to play 2 up top in the last 15/20.

Our reluctance to do that is sonething i struggle to understand. Kitchen sink time = more forwards on the pitch for me

I'd be surprised and very concerned if the "philosophy" extended to what formation the manager/head coach should choose to play.
 

James Tarkowski -

I'd be surprised and very concerned if the "philosophy" extended to what formation the manager/head coach should choose to play.

I thought that was what is happening with the teams all way up from lowest levels of the academy up to the first team all playing to the same formation - or did I dream that?
 

James Tarkowski -

I thought that was what is happening with the teams all way up from lowest levels of the academy up to the first team all playing to the same formation - or did I dream that?

The first team had played more-or-less the same standard formation, the most widely used by senior teams across the European leagues, for the last three seasons and I guess the "Brentford philosophy" is a playing style based on that. The style within that formation revolves around the distance maintained between the rows and the flexibility of players to move from one row to another during periods of attacking and those without the ball.

I would guess that our analysts give input to the success ratios of the different styles and that also determines the recruitment strategy.

On the other hand, the head coach could just toss a coin and decide who plays where and does what 10 minutes before the game... which is what I think Smith did before the FA Cup match.
 

James Tarkowski -

That was announced a couple of days ago......do any of us actually BEElieve Tark's is a Prem quality defender.......sorry but I certainly don't.....and as I said "can't see it".......maybe I am wrong but it's all about peoples opinions.......yours respected.

Neil Clement did alright I never saw him as being one either.
 

James Tarkowski -

I thought that was what is happening with the teams all way up from lowest levels of the academy up to the first team all playing to the same formation - or did I dream that?

No you didn't, that is pretty much what I have heard.
 

James Tarkowski -

No you didn't, that is pretty much what I have heard.

I believe they were referring to style of play and philosophy, which in turn would effect the choice of formation. There isn't much point in bringing on the youth and development teams with a completely different approach if the hope is for them to seamlessly integrate into the first team at some point. With regard to 2 up top I don't personally think we can do that anymore with a 4 4 2 as on the odd occasion we adopt 4 4 2 we lose control of the midfield and the two up top get no service. We could and with the benefit of hindsight should have gone 3 5 2 much earlier on Saturday and had two proper strikers. Anyway what thread is this...
 

James Tarkowski -

Heard they're also looking to offload James Chester who they bought from Hull for £5m.

Swap deal with additional money as they don't want him. Needs to be playing so he can push for a place at the euro's.
 

James Tarkowski -

Totally agree.....problem being how do you differentiate between philosophy and tactics........it could become dictatorship......which then means managers/head coaches must fall into line.
Fully on board with MB and I am loving where we are.....just wish we could sort this Tark's,Toum's,Dean,Judge thing out asap........still wonder why none have come out publicly and said "I AM A BEE,END OF"!!!

Because it's a job and they want the most money they can earn, where a fan signs up for life.
 

James Tarkowski -

Because it's a job and they want the most money they can earn, where a fan signs up for life.

Understood majic , they are also under contract , so if they want to leave come out and say it , if they don't......same as......friggin spoilt brat's most of them.....lol
 

James Tarkowski -

Awful performance tonight and would be interested to hear what Button had to say to him. Looked like his head was else where.
 

James Tarkowski -

Awful performance tonight and would be interested to hear what Button had to say to him. Looked like his head was else where.

Agree big grin on his mug all game like he knew he was off. One things certain if he plays Friday his value will plummet as Gray and friends will rip him and coco apart
 

James Tarkowski -

I actually thought, bar one moment in the first half when he turned like an oil tanker but Butts rushed off his line and saved him, that he was okay and put in a typical Tarks like performance.

Think it's unfair to say his head was elsewhere as I didn't get that impression at all.
 

James Tarkowski -

Agree big grin on his mug all game like he knew he was off. One things certain if he plays Friday his value will plummet as Gray and friends will rip him and coco apart

If he was poor it dose'nt say much for the rest of our team.
 

James Tarkowski -

I actually thought, bar one moment in the first half when he turned like an oil tanker but Butts rushed off his line and saved him, that he was okay and put in a typical Tarks like performance.

Think it's unfair to say his head was elsewhere as I didn't get that impression at all.

Agree mate. If he wasn't that bothered, why did he square up to their players on two occasions when they tried to hassle the joke of a ref.
 

James Tarkowski -

Thought he did well. We'll certainly miss him if he goes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom