James Tarkowski -

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Tarkowski -

Great performance tonight I thought, apart from the one occasion mentioned above.
 

James Tarkowski -

Respect others opinion but i thought he was poor. IMO it was down to the fact that Boro were poor in attack that made JT and HD look better then they were tonight. Defensively ok................ Distribution was terrible.
 

James Tarkowski -

If he was poor it dose'nt say much for the rest of our team.

Like I have already mentioned in this thread will be interesting to see how he gets on at another club without Harlee beside him making him look good
 

James Tarkowski -

Interesting that nobody has yet commented on his self congratulating lap of honour and the end of the game after the rest were already heading down the tunnel. :(
 

James Tarkowski -

Respect others opinion but i thought he was poor. IMO it was down to the fact that Boro were poor in attack that made JT and HD look better then they were tonight. Defensively ok................ Distribution was terrible.

You need to get booked in to Spec savers.
 

James Tarkowski -

Interesting that nobody has yet commented on his self congratulating lap of honour and the end of the game after the rest were already heading down the tunnel. :(

I admire anyone's blind commitment who was there to see it
 

James Tarkowski -

He was fine tonight, one error nearly cost a goal but, over the game, him and Dean did well, IMO. It will be a shame to lose him, if he goes, but he's still learning the game too. Starting to read the game better as well.
 

James Tarkowski -

He was fine tonight, one error nearly cost a goal but, over the game, him and Dean did well, IMO. It will be a shame to lose him, if he goes, but he's still learning the game too. Starting to read the game better as well.

Pretty much how I saw it. Lacks a bit of pace and can be sloppy in possession but put him in the Boro backline with Clayton and Ledbetter in front of him and he wouldn't look out of place.
 

James Tarkowski -

Ah well, what will be will be. He was alright tonight, not a classic Tarks performance but he did his job.
 

James Tarkowski -

Interesting he made the point of clapping all parts of ground at the end of the game

So did Bidwell and Colin from what I saw - they also off?
 

James Tarkowski -

Thought he was very good tonight but that is just personal choice that I like his arrogance and swagger on the ball, you need a ball playing centre half hardly gives it away, Still baffles me people prefer Harlee Dean but everyone's entitled to an opinion.
 

James Tarkowski -

I am a big fan, as is evident from previous posts on this thread, but thought he was a bit dodgy first half last night.
 

James Tarkowski -

I'd swap Tarks for either of the Middlesbrough CBs who were rock solid. If we want to get out of this league we need to build on a solid defence.

That's key to me. If we want Premiership football, we need a cast iron defence, which we have not had for a fair few years...... Can always see goals being let in.
 

James Tarkowski -

You do realise I will copy and paste all these comments and inform dyche? £5m my arse lol
 

James Tarkowski -

You do realise I will copy and paste all these comments and inform dyche? £5m my arse lol

Haven't you got a rather large win to celebrate, **** off
 

James Tarkowski -

I'd swap Tarks for either of the Middlesbrough CBs who were rock solid. If we want to get out of this league we need to build on a solid defence.

Even the bloke who trod on the ball and scuffed it off the pitch 3-4 times? When your instructions are head it or kick it as far as you can and you have a couple of thugs in front of you protecting you I suppose you can look OK.

Tarks and Dean can head and kick as far as the boro players can, what the Boro defenders didn't do once is take the ball of the keeper and try to pass it around. OK, when Tarks decides to dribble it out it invariably leads to a chance for the opposition but when he plays it around he is a much better footballer than any of the Boro back 4.

I reckon Tarks and Dean would look like world beaters at Boro as the remit is easy, head, kick it, head it, kick it.
 

James Tarkowski -

Look, both Tarks and Toums are our players until someone tables an appropriate offer for them. No one has yet, maybe no one will...
 

James Tarkowski -

Oh.....FFS........he/she is back.......great having someone on ignore, but then everyone quotes and you still see the drivel..!!
 

James Tarkowski -

Oh.....FFS........he/she is back.......great having someone on ignore, but then everyone quotes and you still see the drivel..!!

Ignore WTF didn't I think of that
 

James Tarkowski -

Thought he was very good tonight but that is just personal choice that I like his arrogance and swagger on the ball, you need a ball playing centre half hardly gives it away, Still baffles me people prefer Harlee Dean but everyone's entitled to an opinion.

He has quality but that swagger and arrogance is what frequently gifts opportunities to the opposition. Can make some Sol Campbell-esque striding runs, play a great ball, make a strong challenge, etc. However just as showboating arrogance can make you look like a superstar it only takes one woopsie to gift the opposition a chance in an instant. With respect to him and Dean I don't think there's a massive difference between the two - Tarky a bit more "cultured" for want of a better word and Dean better in the air. Tarks probably has more potential but is every bit as much as a liability as Dean at times. I don't think either are awful - I don't think they're superstars either.
 

James Tarkowski -

They've all gone. Moved back to their own forum. :bound:
 

James Tarkowski -

Even the bloke who trod on the ball and scuffed it off the pitch 3-4 times? When your instructions are head it or kick it as far as you can and you have a couple of thugs in front of you protecting you I suppose you can look OK.

Tarks and Dean can head and kick as far as the boro players can, what the Boro defenders didn't do once is take the ball of the keeper and try to pass it around. OK, when Tarks decides to dribble it out it invariably leads to a chance for the opposition but when he plays it around he is a much better footballer than any of the Boro back 4.

I reckon Tarks and Dean would look like world beaters at Boro as the remit is easy, head, kick it, head it, kick it.

How do you know that if those Boro defenders are never asked to play out from the back. They might be very capable on the ball but never get chance to show it.
 

James Tarkowski -

Even the bloke who trod on the ball and scuffed it off the pitch 3-4 times? When your instructions are head it or kick it as far as you can and you have a couple of thugs in front of you protecting you I suppose you can look OK.

Tarks and Dean can head and kick as far as the boro players can, what the Boro defenders didn't do once is take the ball of the keeper and try to pass it around. OK, when Tarks decides to dribble it out it invariably leads to a chance for the opposition but when he plays it around he is a much better footballer than any of the Boro back 4.

I reckon Tarks and Dean would look like world beaters at Boro as the remit is easy, head, kick it, head it, kick it.

It looks great when Tarks moves forward with the ball. It didn't look so great when he got caught with it on a couple of occasions and a generous ref got him off the hook when it seemed to me that the striker had dispossessed him without committing a foul. It doesn't look great either if he moves forward and misplaces a pass. I'm not saying it isn't good to bring the ball out from the back but the priority is defending well. There's no reason why both can't be done. But if I had to choose I'd opt for the solidity in defending every time. There are mid players who can drop off and show for the ball. What you see as heading and kicking it I see as rock solid defending. Twelve goals conceded speaks for itself. The priority for a central defender IMO is to close the sweet shop.
 

James Tarkowski -

He's off. Nowhere does it say, "I want to play for Brentford," or "I want to be part of this club's push for the PL," and the like - All the things you hear from players when they sign a new contract.

Regardless of whether he stays or goes that's about as neutral a stance as possible. It's hardly a "come and get me Burnley" and it's hardly a "I'm staying whatever the money". The latter doesn't really happen anymore and if anything you could argue gives fractional hope to the fact that if we offered him a reasonable (if not as stellar as some) package he might stay.
Definitely don't think you can say that article suggests he's off! (even if he does go as I say)
 

James Tarkowski -

How do you know that if those Boro defenders are never asked to play out from the back. They might be very capable on the ball but never get chance to show it.

Good point.

But when one of them tried to control it he trod on it and the other 3 times he scuffed it over the new road stand onto the m4.

I am just playing %'s.
 

James Tarkowski -

It looks great when Tarks moves forward with the ball. It didn't look so great when he got caught with it on a couple of occasions and a generous ref got him off the hook when it seemed to me that the striker had dispossessed him without committing a foul. It doesn't look great either if he moves forward and misplaces a pass. I'm not saying it isn't good to bring the ball out from the back but the priority is defending well. There's no reason why both can't be done. But if I had to choose I'd opt for the solidity in defending every time. There are mid players who can drop off and show for the ball. What you see as heading and kicking it I see as rock solid defending. Twelve goals conceded speaks for itself. The priority for a central defender IMO is to close the sweet shop.

90% of his passing and playing out from the back is excellent, 10% is "whoooaaaa, what you doing fella". 90% of the time when he dribbles it out he beats 1, beats two, then either gets tackled by three or passes to an oppo midfielder. I will take the playing out every day of the week with the odd mistake, I wish he would stop the dribbling completely.
 

James Tarkowski -

He's off. Nowhere does it say, "I want to play for Brentford," or "I want to be part of this club's push for the PL," and the like - All the things you hear from players when they sign a new contract.

Depends on how you read it. I saw "I am contracted to Brentford for 18 months- I signed a deal to play that long- it is all hearsay twitter rumours- I have no choice is it up to the club what happens to me"

I think it is all football cliches talk but if one were to analyse it like you have it sounds far more like he is thinking about staying then trying to leave from that interview. Don't see how you can read it as "he's off".
 

James Tarkowski -

90% of his passing and playing out from the back is excellent, 10% is "whoooaaaa, what you doing fella". 90% of the time when he dribbles it out he beats 1, beats two, then either gets tackled by three or passes to an oppo midfielder. I will take the playing out every day of the week with the odd mistake, I wish he would stop the dribbling completely.

From what I saw he was almost playing centre mid last night & a lot of the ball & play was directed through him
 

James Tarkowski -

90% of his passing and playing out from the back is excellent, 10% is "whoooaaaa, what you doing fella". 90% of the time when he dribbles it out he beats 1, beats two, then either gets tackled by three or passes to an oppo midfielder. I will take the playing out every day of the week with the odd mistake, I wish he would stop the dribbling completely.

I'd agree with that. That 10% is what can lose you games.
 

James Tarkowski -

So he's not really that good anymore but he's worth £5m?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom