James Tarkowski -

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Tarkowski -

Mate, I get it but he says to Tarks, how can I play you after all those wins and Tarks accepts it, they were a shambles at the back on Saturday, I don't see how he can't shuffle the pack and if he doesn't, what has to happen for Tarks to ever get a game? Is one bad game enough, I don't know but what is the barometer, do we wait for 3 bad games? .

I don't think 1 bad game is reason enough defence wise. I personally think Jota or Dallas should come in on sat. If he shuffles the pack and its HD who misses out , would that be ok with you ? . Because you can't drop the Captain after 1 bad game , thats not right imho. HD has done nothing wrong either so i would say Tarks has to wait a bit longer much as i like him.
 

James Tarkowski -

I don't think 1 bad game is reason enough defence wise. I personally think Jota or Dallas should come in on sat. If he shuffles the pack and its HD who misses out , would that be ok with you ? . Because you can't drop the Captain after 1 bad game , thats not right imho. HD has done nothing wrong either so i would say Tarks has to wait a bit longer much as i like him.

I wouldn't argue with you on this Nick, however I think that after a couple of performances when he wasn't at his best IMHO, I think he may find it really tough against Rhodes or Gestede Saturday.
Know I'm repeating myself but Warbs has a very tough decision as may believe that Tarks is a possibly a better bet against Blackburn. Could he consider resting Bidwell and playing TC at left back if he is reluctant to drop his captain and given Jake has also had a tough couple of games as well?
 

James Tarkowski -

I don't think 1 bad game is reason enough defence wise. I personally think Jota or Dallas should come in on sat. If he shuffles the pack and its HD who misses out , would that be ok with you ? . Because you can't drop the Captain after 1 bad game , thats not right imho. HD has done nothing wrong either so i would say Tarks has to wait a bit longer much as i like him.

IMO Craig had a bit of a rough ride vs Wolves although we won 4-0 and it would appear that he wasn't that great on saturday either if reports are accurate. January is on the way and I don't want our best defender [ IMO ] to leave the club if an offer comes in because and he is wondering why he hasn't got a start. After all he wasn't dropped for poor performances. I also think we have missed his distribution which adds a good bit of quality to our game.
 

James Tarkowski -

I don't think 1 bad game is reason enough defence wise. I personally think Jota or Dallas should come in on sat. If he shuffles the pack and its HD who misses out , would that be ok with you ? . Because you can't drop the Captain after 1 bad game , thats not right imho. HD has done nothing wrong either so i would say Tarks has to wait a bit longer much as i like him.

I'm not as in love with Harlee as you are with TC so if that's his decision then so be it, that said if Harlee had been as poor as TC on Saturday then we know what would happen this weekend coming.
 

James Tarkowski -

I don't honestly think we were as unlucky as you say, we could have gone ahead, we went 2 down and were in trouble for the next 15/20 minutes until a late rally could/should have seen us get something, I don't think we were robbed at all, we didn't deserve to be behind at HT IMO but we were well beaten until the last 20.

I quite agree, we were good for the first 15 and for the last 20, but very poor inbetween, we can't expect to pick up points at this level if we only play for 30-35 minutes out of the 90.
 

James Tarkowski -

It's a tough call for Warbs, Tarks has been a spectator for 7 games and is arguably our best centre back but we've only lost once in that time. Guess it's where he earns his money, damned if he does and if he doesn't and we struggle against a very lively attack.

Two defeats and a draw while on the bench.
 

James Tarkowski -

I wouldn't argue with you on this Nick, however I think that after a couple of performances when he wasn't at his best IMHO, I think he may find it really tough against Rhodes or Gestede Saturday.
Know I'm repeating myself but Warbs has a very tough decision as may believe that Tarks is a possibly a better bet against Blackburn. Could he consider resting Bidwell and playing TC at left back if he is reluctant to drop his captain and given Jake has also had a tough couple of games as well?

Tough decision agreed but putting TC at LB would be a cop out imo.besides don't think he would hack it in this division.The problem is this "one bad game and your dropped idea" obviously can't work consistently eg if we get tonked 5 0 and half the team have mares you can't replace them all for the next game.What ever the decisision for the game Saturday at least we know we will have a more than capable side to get 3 points.
 

James Tarkowski -

Tough decision agreed but putting TC at LB would be a cop out imo.besides don't think he would hack it in this division.The problem is this "one bad game and your dropped idea" obviously can't work consistently eg if we get tonked 5 0 and half the team have mares you can't replace them all for the next game.What ever the decisision for the game Saturday at least we know we will have a more than capable side to get 3 points.

I don't know what I'd do if I was Warbs, I'd definitely be picking the best pairing to contain their front pair but who knows what that is!
 

James Tarkowski -

Why does our team need freshening up ? we have just won 5 on the spin.

Can all the knee jerkers stop jerking their knees please.

Only decisions for MW to make are in midfield imho. Jota and Dallas must be in with a shout especially Jota

:love2:

Love you, nick. :kiss:
 

James Tarkowski -

I don't know what I'd do if I was Warbs, I'd definitely be picking the best pairing to contain their front pair but who knows what that is!

If push came to shove I would pick Tarkowski to start but don't know who would make way for him.Dont want to tempt fate but I don't think Jordan is the player he was and has been left out quite a bit this season.
 

James Tarkowski -

I'm not as in love with Harlee as you are with TC so if that's his decision then so be it, that said if Harlee had been as poor as TC on Saturday then we know what would happen this weekend coming.
:grey:
MyDadsProstate.gif
 

James Tarkowski -

Reading this thread is like listening to my 8 and 5 year old arguing ;)

Tarks is the best centre half at the club - he should be playing on Saturday.
 

James Tarkowski -

I'm not as in love with Harlee as you are with TC so if that's his decision then so be it, that said if Harlee had been as poor as TC on Saturday then we know what would happen this weekend coming.

Harlee isn't captain though , I love every bfc player , I say as I see it . Do you think Chelsea will drop their captain after one bad result ?
 

James Tarkowski -

Harlee isn't captain though , I love every bfc player , I say as I see it . Do you think Chelsea will drop their captain after one bad result ?

:love2:
 

James Tarkowski -

...said tc to harlee.........who again was out of position for the ball over the top.

Jesus wept , ok let's drop the captain , that won't affect morale or confuse the players . Craig has had less bad games in his time here than prob any other player
 

James Tarkowski -

Reading this thread is like listening to my 8 and 5 year old arguing ;)

Tarks is the best centre half at the club - he should be playing on Saturday.

In place of who ?
 

James Tarkowski -

IMO Craig had a bit of a rough ride vs Wolves although we won 4-0 and it would appear that he wasn't that great on saturday either if reports are accurate. January is on the way and I don't want our best defender [ IMO ] to leave the club if an offer comes in because and he is wondering why he hasn't got a start. After all he wasn't dropped for poor performances. I also think we have missed his distribution which adds a good bit of quality to our game.

Yes we missed it badly whilst getting to third with our best run in this league for 70 years
 

James Tarkowski -

Fair do's Nick, serious question when or what does it need for you to consider reinstating Tarkowski?

When either of the other 2 play sh*t for more than the first game in 6 we haven't won
 

James Tarkowski -

I would drop Craig then.

We drop our captain to worry about a team that lost at home to sheff wed and their free scoring ways ?
 

James Tarkowski -

We drop our captain to worry about a team that lost at home to sheff wed and their free scoring ways

If the players can't motivate themselves without their captain then they shouldn't be playing for Brentford.

Clearly in the Championship, nearly anyone could beat anyone on the day, so I don't see much relevance to a home performance v Sheffield Wed (who from memory scored as many against us as we did against them - does that make us poor going forward?).
 

James Tarkowski -

The question was who would you drop.

Les, I'm sat on the fence mate. My head says its time to re instate in my opinion our best centre back JT but my heart says very tough dropping anyone after 1 blip in 6. I wasn't there on Saturday so unfair to say who should be dropped on hearsay.
I think Rhodes and Gestede are top quality and our defence will need to be at our best on Saturday.
 

James Tarkowski -

Les, I'm sat on the fence mate. My head says its time to re instate in my opinion our best centre back JT but my heart says very tough dropping anyone after 1 blip in 6. I wasn't there on Saturday so unfair to say who should be dropped on hearsay.
I think Rhodes and Gestede are top quality and our defence will need to be at our best on Saturday.

Sorry, I was trying to clear up your confusion. I'm glad I'm not making the decision on Saturday - I have a feeling it will be Tarks for Craig though.
 

James Tarkowski -

Jesus wept , ok let's drop the captain , that won't affect morale or confuse the players . Craig has had less bad games in his time here than prob any other player

.you're right ...i agree...daft to drop craig against blackburn for that very reason......... rhodes plays through the middle and will run at craig and harlee.........they'll need to be on their toes bigtime.....just think tarks might be a better option to deal with him.......mabye harlee will make way for him........moses might even be asked to do a job on rhodes.......my original comment was tongue in cheek.........no surrender tony craig.
 

James Tarkowski -

If the players can't motivate themselves without their captain then they shouldn't be playing for Brentford.
).

Of course they can but my question is , on what basis do you drop someone who has played well in 90 % of games
 

James Tarkowski -

Why does our team need freshening up ? we have just won 5 on the spin.

Can all the knee jerkers stop jerking their knees please.

Only decisions for MW to make are in midfield imho. Jota and Dallas must be in with a shout especially Jota

That is the most contradictory post I have ever read in my life. lol

"We don't need changes. Stop panicking!! But we need to change the midfield"

:D

I do agree with getting Jota back in!

Toral is good but imo Dallas and Jota are both better.
 

James Tarkowski -

That is the most contradictory post I have ever read in my life. lol

"We don't need changes. Stop panicking!! But we need to change the midfield"

:D

I do agree with getting Jota back in!

Toral is good but imo Dallas and Jota are both better.

Because the consensus was changing a defender, for me any potential change wound be whether Toral makes way for Jota or Dallas , hardly the most contradictory post ever is it ?
 

James Tarkowski -

Because the consensus was changing a defender, for me any potential change wound be whether Toral makes way for Jota or Dallas , hardly the most contradictory post ever is it ?

Both Jota and Dallas have played big parts in our recent excellant run from the bench and couldnt argue against either starting Saturday
 

James Tarkowski -

.....you cant play with the same feckin team week in week out.......changes need to be be made to counter the way other teams play,formations they use etc.......especially their attacking style
 

James Tarkowski -

Because the consensus was changing a defender, for me any potential change wound be whether Toral makes way for Jota or Dallas , hardly the most contradictory post ever is it ?

N me too mate. But it still made me chuckle.
 

James Tarkowski -

That is the most contradictory post I have ever read in my life. lol

"We don't need changes. Stop panicking!! But we need to change the midfield"

:D

I do agree with getting Jota back in!

Toral is good but imo Dallas and Jota are both better.
I realise that too, everyone realises we need to change things from time to time but get pissy when it might be TC.
 

James Tarkowski -

Of course they can but my question is , on what basis do you drop someone who has played well in 90 % of games

Because the manager thinks someone else can come in and do a better job in that game.
 

James Tarkowski -

Craig will not be dropped and shouldn't be . He has been outstanding for us all season. Atrue leader.
 

James Tarkowski -

Bottom line is that Warbs can drop/rest a player when he wants, it does not have to be related to performance, so all this bit about having won 5 games on the trot, highest position since... has nothing to do with it. Warbs has to pick a team to beat Blackburn on Saturday, and a defence to nullify their forward line. Past performance is no guide to the future with the new Brentford.
 

James Tarkowski -

No need to drop either Dean or Craig in my opinion after one defeat unless either is carrying a niggle/knock. Harsh on Tarky who is class but Dean and Craig have a bit of credit in the bank after our recent run in my opinion.

I would consider both Jota and Dallas getting a start but that's a tough call because they'd be replacing players who have been performing well. Good luck with that Warbs!
 

James Tarkowski -

Dropped is the wrong description, it's called rotating the squad.................blimey Warbs has said it enough times ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom