Jay Tabb

Jay Tabb

Can't seem to do quotes on my iPad but I thought exactly the shames as Wibs!

I'd forgotten what a good header of the ball Tabby is. Fantastic goal for someone of his height.
 

Jay Tabb

Would love to see him in a Brentford shirt again, but where would he fit in?
 

Jay Tabb

............the cones are bigger than Jay..............
OK, those little flat things the players warm up by running around...
 

Jay Tabb

I thought Jay's day had gone, but he seems to be involved everything Ipswich are doing.
 

Jay Tabb

Loved his goal near the end of that FA Cup 3rd Round game at Luton amongst other moments. Be good to see him at GP again though hope he has a terrible Boxing Day.
 

Jay Tabb

I'll give him a cheer on Boxing day. Great player for us and Hunty too.
 

Jay Tabb

I'll give him a cheer on Boxing day. Great player for us and Hunty too.

Too right.
Tabby was/is one of my favourites. Nice guy, I'm sure he said when he left he would love to come back to Brentford? Or am I making that up?
 

Jay Tabb

I thought Jay's day had gone, but he seems to be involved everything Ipswich are doing.

my ipswich mate wishes they'd get a "proper" midfielder in and thinks Tabby is just a squad player, but fair play to him for playing a large role in the 2nd-place team. i'm a huge Tabb fan of course...
 

Jay Tabb

Can anyone dig out that post of his on here that he did to say goodbye?
 

Jay Tabb

You mean this one which I just found using the handy "search" facility? :D

I was just going to post that quote! ;)

Hi there, i know that Brentford players past or present aren't supposed to post messages on this website but i've decided to break the rules, i'm sure you won't mind.

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to all of you Brentford fans. During my six years at the club you've all been great to me and i've had a fantastic time here. Hearing you sing my name at the games was amazing every time and gave me a real buzz.

I was gutted that we didn't gain promotion last season, as i'm sure all of you were, and i would have loved to have gone up with Brentford and had a good go at the Championship. It was a hard decision to leave but when Coventry came in for me i knew straight away that it was the right decision and right club, i'm sure that most of you agree with that. Just so that you know though, the club did make me a very good offer and wanted me to stay so it would be unfair for any of you to accuse the board etc of not making any effort to keep me. Also i've seen in a few threads that people don't think that i got on with Martin Allen and that i would have stayed if he wasn't there. That is far from the truth, i got on very well with him and i believe that he improved me as a player for sure.

I've been on this website before and read a lot of the positive posts that you have written about me and it's very satisfying to read posts like that after games and it helped keep me confident through the season, so thank you for that. The goodbye thread was also excellent and i was very close to signing a new contract after reading everything that you had to say about me!!

I will be coming back to Griffin Park to watch as many games as possible, obviously when i don't have a game myself and look forward to seeing the team doing well and pushing for promotion again.

I've made many many friends at Brentford and enjoyed my time there, this club gave me my chance and i will remember that for ever. I'd also like to think that i'll play for the club again at some stage.

Best wishes for the season ahead and thanks again.

Jay Tabb
 

Jay Tabb

Thanks for that. A lovely message. A lot of water gone under the bridge since then but I'm quite sure that Friday will be very emotional for Jay and all of us.

Don't forget he has a job to do - he and his team are out to beat us. I was sorry that George Saville got a pretty poor reception a few weeks back - that was undeserved. Tabby is (as we all know) a Bees' hero and that applies even if he scores the winner against us.

Of course, it won't come to that because we are going to win. I suspect, despite his Ipswich loyalities, Jay will enjoy a sold out, buzzing GP.
 
Last edited:

Jay Tabb

Players like tabb are under rated because theyre not fanciful and coming up with magic but he worked hard and played for the team and is clearly an important piece of the glue in ipswitch's team
 

Jay Tabb

Spoke to Tabby yesterday - he can't wait for Boxing day and he's looking forward to applauding Bees fans before the game.

Reckons he's hit form scoring his first goal for months on Saturday and ready to make it two in two!
 

Jay Tabb

2000 being my first full season as a bee. Jay Tabb is my all time favourite bee. I remember Facebook messaging when he left sent a really nice message back.
 

Jay Tabb

One of the nicest blokes in football you will ever meet - true professional and someone who loves Brentford.
 

Jay Tabb

This is my biggest regret this season not being there to welcome him home
 

Jay Tabb

Just goes to prove that "Class" is timeless.

Was fortunate to play a round of golf with Tabby many years ago and a nicer bloke you could not wish to meet.

I will be one of the 10400 giving him a decent and fully deserved welcome home.
 

Jay Tabb

I never forget the day (nor does he) when we gave him a lift home after Noades left the youth players at Celtic Manor and young Jay sat on the floor of Bee H's Porn Express!!
 

Jay Tabb

Good reception from GO today and clapped all the fans. My Ipswich mate was impressed with the reception we gave Tabb. Reflected well on us and him I think. As for Hunt..........;-)
 

Jay Tabb

Tabby and Tommy Smith - who applauded all four sides of the ground at the end - were well received. I didn't see what Hunty did, but heard about it, not good from an ex bee.
 

Jay Tabb

Tabby and Tommy Smith - who applauded all four sides of the ground at the end - were well received. I didn't see what Hunty did, but heard about it, not good from an ex bee.

What did Hunt do? I saw him celebrate the 2nd while warming up, but you can hardly blame him for that.
 

Jay Tabb

A great reception at the start, and applause from both ends when subbed. Good to see him back.

Mind you, he's beefed up a bit since he was here :eek:
 

Jay Tabb

Must admit i hate all this 'great reception', 'respected us', 'lovely bloke', b***ocks to ex-bees......happy to do all that when they come back as former players, but when they're playing for the oppo we should boo them, abuse them, intimidate them and do anything we can to put them off their game to ensure that the points remain at Fortress GP......f**k them all......whoevet they are......bo_O
 

Jay Tabb

Must admit i hate all this 'great reception', 'respected us', 'lovely bloke', b***ocks to ex-bees......happy to do all that when they come back as former players, but when they're playing for the oppo we should boo them, abuse them, intimidate them and do anything we can to put them off their game to ensure that the points remain at Fortress GP......f**k them all......whoevet they are......bo_O

I wouldn't abuse someone like Tabb. Would show a real lack of class.
 

Jay Tabb

I wouldn't abuse someone like Tabb. Would show a real lack of class.

No problem with respect to ex-bees before and after the game......but during it they should be treated like Jamie Cuteton......3 points are paramount......f**k the lot of them......
 

Jay Tabb

No problem with respect to ex-bees before and after the game......but during it they should be treated like Jamie Cuteton......3 points are paramount......f**k the lot of them......

And a happy Christmas to you to
 

Jay Tabb

Hunt showed a lack of class when going nutty when they scored their second - no need for it, just a pumped fist or clap would have been sufficient.

Good to see Jay in the Horseguardsman after the match with Richard Archer. Although away fans aren't allowed in the Horseguardsman the GGC welcomed him in in his Ipswich tracksuit. He was happy to mix with the bees fans for photos etc.
Taller in real life.
 

Jay Tabb

Following received from Jay Tabb by PG who has asked me to onforward it. "Hi Peter - nice to see you today.Brentford play some great stuff but we started like a house on fire.If you scored first would have been a different story.Are you still on GPG.If you are would you be able to put a little message saying thank you for the lovely applause I got when I went off.I really appreciated it and loved hearing the fans sing my old song.:)
 

Jay Tabb

Hunt showed a lack of class when going nutty when they scored their second - no need for it, just a pumped fist or clap would have been sufficient.

Good to see Jay in the Horseguardsman after the match with Richard Archer. Although away fans aren't allowed in the Horseguardsman the GGC welcomed him in in his Ipswich tracksuit. He was happy to mix with the bees fans for photos etc.
Taller in real life.

I thought all he did was a fist pump.
 

Jay Tabb

I know Tabby as his best mate used to play for my Sunday football team and he used to come down and watch when he could. A nicer more level headed guy you couldn't ever hope to meet. Always a local lad and Bee at heart.
He's made the most of his talent and gone on to have a good career despite his diminutive size, no mean feat in the current era.
Thought he did a good containing job in the first half and it was noticeable how Jota and Moses got a lot more joy when he was subbed.
 

Jay Tabb

tabby's a good lad....played well today and deserved the applause.....you could see he still has a soft spot for us :) great reaction from the crowd and he loved it........hunts over celebrating confirmed what most thought of him :(
 

Jay Tabb

... a real soft spot for us... softened Moses up good and proper!
 

Jay Tabb

We booed him when he came onto the pitch, surely he can celebrate as much as he like's after that!! Works both ways...

When u are warming up before you come on - you show some class.

I would have kept my feelings to myself and shown some class. He was going mental.
 

Jay Tabb

Loved meeting Tabby after the game. Waited around to get a photo with him and thank him for his time at Brentford and say sorry for stalking him at New Malden Tesco constantly.
 

Jay Tabb

tabby's a good lad....played well today and deserved the applause.....you could see he still has a soft spot for us :) great reaction from the crowd and he loved it........hunts over celebrating confirmed what most thought of him :(

IMHO only did one decent thing while with us and that was to chase that **** Rowlands all over Loftus Road.
 

Jay Tabb

..................applauded the Bees fans at the end of the game............Good Lad.............
 

Jay Tabb

........not getting much love on Ipswich forums.......
 
Back
Top Bottom