John Bostock

John Bostock

good piece in AS's weekly interview on the official site about how the Jonny B loan deal came through :sorted:
 

John Bostock

.................was always going to be hard to excel on last weeks performance.............
 

John Bostock

Might have been interesting is instead of substituting Charlie for Kabba, Andy had brought on Cleveland Taylor and move Bostock up front with Ben Strevens. With the superiority of his technique, he could have given them problems.
 

John Bostock

Might have been interesting is instead of substituting Charlie for Kabba, Andy had brought on Cleveland Taylor and move Bostock up front with Ben Strevens. With the superiority of his technique, he could have given them problems.


He has the skill and talent to play centre forward but our hoof ball wouldn't suit him, in fact you could put Van Persie up front with Strevs and it wouldn't work.
The problem is we don't play to our strenghts, it's not rocket science just ask John Still :rolleyes:
 

John Bostock

This kid is all one footed. :-)
 

John Bostock

Might have been interesting is instead of substituting Charlie for Kabba, Andy had brought on Cleveland Taylor and move Bostock up front with Ben Strevens. With the superiority of his technique, he could have given them problems.

If Charlie and Weston are injured, and Cort unavailable (don't know why he missed Sat) , I'd prefer this option to Kabba, who looked totally out of it when he came on. I hope Charlie is OK, but he had a knock before being subbed, so it was a bit worrying. I assume Myles will be out 2-4 weeks if it was his hamstring
 

John Bostock

I see from the newsfeeds that he played for spurs in the youth cup tonight
 

John Bostock

Has he gone back then?
 

John Bostock

The team news sees Steven Caulker and John Bostock both start - they are eligible to do so under the terms of their youth loans at Yeovil and Brentford
 

John Bostock

Is the Leeds game the last of his one month loan?
 

John Bostock

How do we stand as regards to extending his loan, can we do it straight away or do we have to wait until the transfer window opens again in January?
 

John Bostock

it can be extended for another month, then in Jan we can get him on a 6 month loan!!
 

John Bostock

John Bostock

Report from the youth FA tie earlier this year.Why does Arry continue to play John out of his natural right wing position?He did it again last night.AS know's the left footer shouldnt be in the middle of the park.AS is also right in not starting that Arse's striker either,sounds crap.


http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/171391/reserves/tottenham-hotspur-res-v-arsenal-res?tab=report

Playing against 18-year-olds is a lot like playing against Ian Goodison, Mark Hughes, Michael Duberry, Tommy Doherty etc isn't it :scratch:
 

John Bostock

Interesting that Townsend, the only Tottenham player who seems to have caught the eye is the right winger who ran Ryan Dickson ragged in the second half at Orient and crossed for the own goal.
 

John Bostock

Playing against 18-year-olds is a lot like playing against Ian Goodison, Mark Hughes, Michael Duberry, Tommy Doherty etc isn't it :scratch:


Depends which 18 years old it is, if its Jack Rodwell, Aaron Ramsey, Danny Welbeck and Rafael it might be the same.
 

John Bostock

Depends which 18 years old it is, if its Jack Rodwell, Aaron Ramsey, Danny Welbeck and Rafael it might be the same.

Fabrgas & Rooney did quite well too. ;)

Bostock imho should be playing in CM either instead of Bean or in a slightly different formation. I know he got bulied by Docherty, but I'm convinced within a coule of games in the CM role he would be taking the piss and threading balls through that would amaze us all. Problem then would be whether our forwards were on the same wavelength.
 

John Bostock

Bostock imho should be playing in CM either instead of Bean or in a slightly different formation. I know he got bulied by Docherty, but I'm convinced within a coule of games in the CM role he would be taking the piss and threading balls through that would amaze us all. Problem then would be whether our forwards were on the same wavelength.

I think the biggest problem is that we don't have a decent right sided midfield player at the club.
 

John Bostock

I don't quite understand the "bullied" argument. Is it because he's 17 because I reckon he'd be physically able to look after himself, judging by his build.

I think AS might see the problem as one of work rate - he often doesn't put in the dirty work and that could lead us to being overrun in midfield. I think the only way that Bostock would work in midfield is if he had O'Connor and Hunt in there as well but with Weston likely to play tomorrow, I think we'd end up unbalanced.
 

John Bostock

I think the biggest problem is that we don't have a decent right sided midfield player at the club.

I don't think either Taylor or Saunders have had a good enough run to be honest. Form isn't something that comes at the flick of a switch. It may be that Saunders isn't able to make the step up but Taylor had done at League 1 and should be given a few games to prove it.
 

John Bostock

I don't quite understand the "bullied" argument.

I was only going on others comments on Wycombe match report. Personally think he is more than capable of looking after himself.
I would really like to see an O'Connor, Bean & Bostock midfield with two wide men in Taylor/Sauders or Weston with only one central striker tried for few games.
 

John Bostock

Bostock IMHO is a very talented, exciting player in the Ronaldo mould but could never be described as a worker. I've seen him have 2 cracking games, 2 anonymous ones and one stinker and I've seen him muscled off the ball far too many times to play him in the centre of the a four man midfield.

He drifts in and out of games and I'm sure he has been loaned out to learn his craft but he's not someone to build the team around just yet.
 

John Bostock

I think the biggest problem is that we don't have a decent right sided midfield player at the club.

I think thats harsh WEB. Sam S and CT are good players, they need a run of games.
 

John Bostock

I think thats harsh WEB. Sam S and CT are good players, they need a run of games.

:nono: can't agree I'm afraid, entirely with WEB on this, JB would probably start at left wing if we had someone that AS could place his trust in at right wing. Taylor has been the biggest disappointment this season for me and Saunders doesn't appear to be in favour.

The other alternative would be to play him in the hole behind Strevens so he could float around and pick the ball up in positions to hurt the opposition, either running at the last man or picking out a through ball to the main striker
 

John Bostock

:nono: Taylor has been the biggest disappointment this season for me and Saunders doesn't appear to be in favour.

They have both been massive disappointments for me.

As was Weston until his last couple of games and then, typical of Brentford's luck, he was injured.
 

John Bostock

Have seen Saunders play a number of games and he looked capable and competent.
He has not really played with Strevens up front from memory at Brentford and last season I am sure he was putting the crosses in for Dagenham for his team mate
It seems both him and Sam Wood have been pushed out at the moment.
 

John Bostock

I don't quite understand the "bullied" argument. Is it because he's 17 because I reckon he'd be physically able to look after himself, judging by his build.

I think AS might see the problem as one of work rate - he often doesn't put in the dirty work and that could lead us to being overrun in midfield. I think the only way that Bostock would work in midfield is if he had O'Connor and Hunt in there as well but with Weston likely to play tomorrow, I think we'd end up unbalanced.

a bit like allan cockram all those years ago --- loads of creative skill (as much as any bees player in my time after stan bowles) but he didn't tackle much, didn't work that hard and didn't like to get his hair wet!

problem is if we have our two hard working but limited midfields plus (say) bostock then something has to give. you either play with just one up front or without two wide men.

dunno!
 

John Bostock

:nono: can't agree I'm afraid, entirely with WEB on this, JB would probably start at left wing if we had someone that AS could place his trust in at right wing. Taylor has been the biggest disappointment this season for me and Saunders doesn't appear to be in favour.

The other alternative would be to play him in the hole behind Strevens so he could float around and pick the ball up in positions to hurt the opposition, either running at the last man or picking out a through ball to the main striker


i didn't say they have not been disappointing, i said they are good players as they proved at their previous clubs. I think a run of games would see them come good.

do read the posts properly Gary. ;)
 

John Bostock

Murphy may be.

If Murphy doesn't have the quality of touch and technique to be found at at least Championship level, then what is he doing on Arsenal's books? Sidwell was an Arsenal reject and he walked into our team. I would really like to see more of Murphy.
 

John Bostock

didnt impress me today or in the last game I saw him, he has clearly got good touch but really brought nothing to the team and is a million miles away from the premier league
 

John Bostock

didnt impress me today or in the last game I saw him, he has clearly got good touch but really brought nothing to the team and is a million miles away from the premier league

Murphy? He didnt play today-did he?
 

John Bostock

didnt impress me today or in the last game I saw him, he has clearly got good touch but really brought nothing to the team and is a million miles away from the premier league

Sorry , I thought you were responding to the previous thread mentioning Murphy, yeah Bostock does seem to have slipped back a bit, potentially a great player but can be a bit casual & get caught in possession
 

John Bostock

He always gave the oppo something to think about. I think they saw him as a threat and were very keen not give him any time or space. Always nice to give the opposition something to worry about rather than us just worrying about them.
 

John Bostock

Let's not forget he's 14 years old.

and he played 90 minutes for Spurs on Wednesday don't forget.


And on a full size pitch ;)
 

John Bostock

......................looked a bit off the pace today.....................maybe Weds game took it out of him.....................
 
Back
Top Bottom