Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Could have done better with the goal? Certainly left exposed for the chance in the first place but it’s not like the Luton lad’s then put it right in the corner
I refrained from comment until I had seen in again on MOT as I had only seen it live. I will stick with my original thought that your post is total rubbish.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Has anyone re watched the whole game yet to confirm if he touched the ball with his hands ?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I suspect there wasn't much he could have done, but the friend I was with (@red_and_white) was convinced it was poor keeping. Did anyone find a replay with a clear head-on angle? Motd was still not clear to me.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

The ball is 12 yards away from him when it’s struck, he’s got a clear view of it, he’s moving his weight from foot to foot making him unbalanced. All in all, he should do better.

But I’m still very happy he’s our goalkeeper.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Sometimes harder to save closer to you.
More difficult to get down quickly.
Pick on the defender that didn’t clear the ball if you want to blame someone
Only have to see Janelt reaction after goal to know he was to blame.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Harsh to blame him for the goal. He has been beaten a few times like that this season, including the American tour.

He could of been more dominant for the disallowed goal?

Steady performance in all without having much to do.

Once again, second to none with the ball at his feet.
Frightened the life out of me!
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Some nonsense on here. There is only one player at fault for that goal and it definitely isn't Flekken.

If he had saved that we would have all said it was a great save and that the Luton fella probably should have scored from there.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He should of the shot wasn’t even hard trickled past him
I think you’re wrong. It was a very good finish. Keepers read body shape to give an early clue of where the ball is likely to go. The Luton lad gave no clue the type of shot (if any) he was going to take. “Passing it into the net” almost.
Paul Gascoigne scored loads of goals that way.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I think you’re wrong. It was a very good finish. Keepers read body shape to give an early clue of where the ball is likely to go. The Luton lad gave no clue the type of shot (if any) he was going to take. “Passing it into the net” almost.
Paul Gascoigne scored loads of goals that way.
I think your wrong he should of done better !
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I think you’re wrong. It was a very good finish. Keepers read body shape to give an early clue of where the ball is likely to go. The Luton lad gave no clue the type of shot (if any) he was going to take. “Passing it into the net” almost.
Paul Gascoigne scored loads of goals that way.

Spot on, it was a decent finish, simple as that.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I think the attacking player, with the entire goal to aim at, is scoring 9 out 10 times when in that situation. The fact it was a crap shot and gave Flekken a sniff at it makes it look like it maybe should’ve been saved. It’s not a save he should make but it’s also not ‘unstoppable’ as has been suggested.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

As I said it’s pure confirmation bias. A lot of people on here have decided irrevocably that Flekken isn’t up to it and are simply seeing what they want to see to confirm their prejudice.

it is a repetition of what we have seen so many times in the past about the likes of Sawyers and Jensen.

It is far too soon to know if he will be a success or not but I think an open mind is called for.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

As I said it’s pure confirmation bias. A lot of people on here have decided irrevocably that Flekken isn’t up to it and are simply seeing what they want to see to confirm their prejudice.

it is a repetition of what we have seen so many times in the past about the likes of Sawyers and Jensen.

It is far too soon to know if he will be a success or not but I think an open mind is called for.
The signs are good - very good in possession which is key to how we play. Does need to be more dominant in the air though which hopefully will come with time - the 2 catches last week show he is getting there slowly.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

As I said it’s pure confirmation bias. A lot of people on here have decided irrevocably that Flekken isn’t up to it and are simply seeing what they want to see to confirm their prejudice.

it is a repetition of what we have seen so many times in the past about the likes of Sawyers and Jensen.

It is far too soon to know if he will be a success or not but I think an open mind is called for.
I thought he could have done better with the goal but have no problem with his performances since the appendix episode. Very happy with him.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Very odd that we're trying to make Flekken the culprit. ?‍♂️
tbf, I haven't seen any posts making him the culprit. Even the poster that started this off, suggesting he might have saved it, acknowledged the goal is down to Janelt and no-one else.

Initially, I thought Flekken had no chance with that goal. Looking at the front on replay, he was close to it and on another day, may have got a glove to it. I still wouldn't expect a keeper to save it, but there was a small chance he could have. ?‍♂️

For the record, I think Flekken has settled very well into the side.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He is going to divide right now. It would be completely unfair to judge him as "not good enough" which I hear at the Gtech, including yesterday.

Apart from a few weeks ago, can't remember the game, he hasn't made many eye-catching saves and a couple of goals have been debatable at best.

It's fair to say its an 'OK' start with a little more improvement needed.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

The shot was in the nasty area as a goal keeper. On the floor

To close to dive to save.
To far away to use anything but hands.

You have to drop slightly, knees, and go across, takes longer.

My opinion was never bad but certainly getting better and more confident week on week.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I meant in the whole game !
Entire, whole not much difference, the clip on here is enough to see that Flekken is at full stretch attempting to save a shot a few inches off the ground at most. Enough information to have a view on how the GK did
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Entire, whole not much difference, the clip on here is enough to see that Flekken is at full stretch attempting to save a shot a few inches off the ground at most. Enough information to have a view on how the GK did
but, but, but,but, but,but, but,but, but it was a daisycutter and wasn't hit at one million miles an hour!
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Entire, whole not much difference, the clip on here is enough to see that Flekken is at full stretch attempting to save a shot a few inches off the ground at most. Enough information to have a view on how the GK did
You are missing the point….in the whole 100 minutes did flekken touch the ball with his hands !
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Having watched that about 20 times in a row now, I have no complaints about the goalkeeper.

His positioning, reaction speed are all fine, he gets down at full stretch and is centimetres away from getting fingertips on it. Maybe an "elite" goalkeeper saves that a few times out of 10, but I'm really not convinced that an Alisson or Ederson or Raya makes that save more often than not.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Of course he is not in the same league as Raya, only a few GK are, and they cost £30 million in a heist!
Neither was Raya when we signed him
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

You are missing the point….in the whole 100 minutes did flekken touch the ball with his hands !
Yes everytime he put it down for a goal kick ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom