Mark Warburton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Warburton

I remember that name (Miss Woodward) my teacher was Mrs Mitchell. She & her husband were Chelsea fans & took members of the school team ( of which I was one ) to Stamford Bridge ( Jimmy Greaves played ). I was impressed but still preferred Jim Towers & George Francis ! They were wasting their time trying to turn me blue as it was already in the blood & still is ! Your right about the gas lamps too . I lived in Whitestile rd in the fifties & I remember them well. Happy days eh & where did all those years go ?!
 

Mark Warburton

She & her husband were Chelsea fans & took members of the school team ( of which I was one ) to Stamford Bridge ( Jimmy Greaves played ). I was impressed but still preferred Jim Towers & George Francis ! They were wasting their time trying to turn me blue as it was already in the blood & still is ?!

Sounds familiar... one week I was taken to my first football match at GP on a Tuesday night by one group of school friends to watch a division 3 game with a few thousand in the crowd, a couple of weeks later another friend took me to Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea win an FA Cup 6th round tie in front of 45,000, but as you say once it was in the blood there was no contest.
 

Mark Warburton

Mark Warburton

I was there just a few years before that -52/54, and then my parents moved, but my family/grandparents etc..had lived in the Brentford area for about 80 years before that. Mr Whitty was head as well, when I was there, and my first ever teacher was Miss Woodward. Amazing how the memory drags up these thoughts!
I think certain parts of Brentford were still lit by gaslight then, unbelievably! Obviously supported the Bees since I was half the size of a corner flag, and before anyone says it, am taller now.

Oh please, get a classroom.
 

Mark Warburton

Exceptional piece. It conveys a great mood at the club... and he's got the GPG off to a tee!
 

Mark Warburton

Did he really say Andy Scott was close to joining a Championship club? Wow.
 

Mark Warburton

Interesting piece by Richard Lee in yesterday's Daily Mail about Roslers departure/the bread mans appointment etc: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...osler-Brendan-Rodgers-fickle-football-is.html

Thanks for pointing this out. I found it very interesting. Taken by his mention of luck. One moment you are the best manager ever. The next the fans want you out. Sometimes it is thin margins.My own view is that managers get sacked far too quickly. They should be given more time. I worry that the success or failure of the new management team will be judged on a few games instead of giving them an extended run to establish themselves, the team and style they want. They way things are going three defeats and you are sacked. Surely that is not the way to be successful. As Lee says luck is important. Give them time to ride out the fates. Then judge them.
 

Mark Warburton

Terry Butcher was awfully unlucky in his time with us :)
 

Mark Warburton

Richard Lee is a top bloke and for me I would have him in front of Button. Wonder if MW will??
 

Mark Warburton

Lack of experience needn't count against MW. I think I'm right in saying that neither Frank Blunstone nor Steve Perryman had been managers before they took over the reins at GP.

Other first-time managers seem to include...

Phil Holder
Fred Callaghan (possibly)
Jimmy Sirrel
Nicky Forster

(Also Andy Scott, Wally Downes, Barry Quin and Scott FitzG)

Experienced managers include Leroy Rosenior, Terry Butcher and Eddie May.

The category he'll fall into remains to be seen.
 

Mark Warburton

Uwe's Wigan are live on BBC Sport tonight 6pm . Micky Mouse Europa cup V a team you've never heard of .
 

Mark Warburton

Brilliant article by Richard who really understands the football community and it's fans. Was pleasing to see how positive he is for the future can still see him having a role with us when he hangs up his keepers gloves, or earlier should Royce depart
 

Mark Warburton

Richard is almost too good to be true, intelligent, articulate and extremely likeable. Great role model for young pro footballers everywhere.
 

Mark Warburton

Richard is almost too good to be true, intelligent, articulate and extremely likeable. Great role model for young pro footballers everywhere.

:imwith: Instead of just signing an autograph he'll always take the time to have a chat with the youngsters as well. When my lad was a mascot last season someone mentioned he's an aspiring young keeper and Richard Lee made a point of coming into the dressing room and having a chat with him, even though he was injured at the time.

Has no bearing on if he's selected ahead of Button or not but he is a superb servant to the club, true professional and a nice bloke. I do think the fight for the number one shirt will very much be a level playing field now.
 

Mark Warburton

I think the famous Arrigo Sacchi quote is appropriate for this appointment: "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first"

Let's hope Warbs is as good as he turned out to be.
 

Mark Warburton

As "Dark Horse" replacement for MW as Manager at end of 2014-15 Season, with BFC having gained promotion to the Championship and about to move into Lionel Road, I give you............


























Dan Petrescu - "I hope I will be a manager in London one day, but I still have a contract with Dynamo Moscow for another year-and-a-half so signing for another team is out of the question right now."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...etrescu-says-he-would-like-to-work-in-england

Remember, you heard it from me, first! ;)
 

Mark Warburton

The only footballer to have a TV programme named after him. :)
 

Mark Warburton

All change or no change?...

Just read that Uwe has made 6 team changes for his first game in charge at Wigan!! lol
How many will Warburton make?....
 

Mark Warburton

If anyone can think of one good reason why we shouldn't refer to MW and FMP as 'Phil n Grant' - please say now. :thetruth: :mitchellbrotherssmillie:
 

Mark Warburton

Just read that Uwe has made 6 team changes for his first game in charge at Wigan!! lol
How many will Warburton make?....

Is that the one that Uwe just lost tonight?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom