Matchday Programme 22/23

Matchday Programme 22/23

So the reason for lack of programme sellers was apparently an issue with the WiFi.

Why on earth they are using a WiFi connection on the PDQ (card reader) is really bizarre.

They should have a fixed cost offline one that has a quick tap.

If only we had a Head of Infrastructure to sort these issues out
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

So the reason for lack of programme sellers was apparently an issue with the WiFi.

Why on earth they are using a WiFi connection on the PDQ (card reader) is really bizarre.

They should have a fixed cost offline one that has a quick tap.

If only we had a Head of Infrastructure to sort these issues out
Computer says no ?
Wouldn't have this problem with cash.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

So the reason for lack of programme sellers was apparently an issue with the WiFi.

Why on earth they are using a WiFi connection on the PDQ (card reader) is really bizarre.

They should have a fixed cost offline one that has a quick tap.

If only we had a Head of Infrastructure to sort these issues out

Thanks for the information as always. I asked the club and there was no mention that of that. I got what I perceived to be a pretty disingenuous answer. It seems buying a programme at the ground is on its way out.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Thanks for the information as always. I asked the club and there was no mention that of that. I got what I perceived to be a pretty disingenuous answer. It seems buying a programme at the ground is on its way out.
I think it’s a new start for the distribution and they are working there way through these problems.

it’s not a great start but that’s the problem when you take things in-house. We should be accepting cash and BIAS will take that up.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Thanks for the information as always. I asked the club and there was no mention that of that. I got what I perceived to be a pretty disingenuous answer. It seems buying a programme at the ground is on its way out.
Apparently will be fixed for the Everton game.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Apparently will be fixed for the Everton game.
Thank you to BIAS for liaising with the club on this. great work. Sounds like cock-up rather than conspiracy theory.

Can the club also focus on how to improve its communication so that fans know better what to expect.
Also that big changes (such as ceasing cash payments) are best phased-in rather than implemented as a Big Bang.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Thank you to BIAS for liaising with the club on this. great work. Sounds like cock-up rather than conspiracy theory.

Can the club also focus on how to improve its communication so that fans know better what to expect.
Also that big changes (such as ceasing cash payments) are best phased-in rather than implemented as a Big Bang.
I think most things the club do wrong can be filed under Cock-up!
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Having the lad selling by the ticket office was a stupid Idea.Not his fault byw,but the fool who told him to sell there.
We had to queue right in front of the South/East Stand walkway.
Almost blocking the way in.
Now I understand he was sheltering from the sun so give the fella a brolly and sell by the wall opposite the ticket office and we can queue up there
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Having the lad selling by the ticket office was a stupid Idea.Not his fault byw,but the fool who told him to sell there.
We had to queue right in front of the South/East Stand walkway.
Almost blocking the way in.
Now I understand he was sheltering from the sun so give the fella a brolly and sell by the wall opposite the ticket office and we can queue up there
He's going to hold a brolly AND serve you?
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

But will my subscription copy for the Man U game have arrived by then?
My programme for the Man U game arrived this morning. Can't wait for the game. My prediction is 4-0 to the Bees. Wonder if Fosu will be playing for us.

Seriously, the envelope is postmarked 15 Aug and has been sent second class. I'd have though that the shop would have done its best to satisfy customers by sending it first class given that they knew it was going to be delivered the best part of a week late.

The envelope is tough and sort of bubbly-wrappy - yet the programme has still got one of its corners bent.

No note of apology inside for the late delivery, though.

Curiously, the invoice says that there are two items packed inside but there's only the programme. Is this a sort of meta-thing where the existence of an invoice telling you that there are two things means that there are two things, including the invoice?

A MOMENT LATER...

Ahh. I've just found a second thing, buried deep inside. It's a card saying "We hope that you are 100% satisfied with your order...blah blah blah... If you are not, please return.."
Not on your nellie.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

My programme for the Man U game arrived this morning. Can't wait for the game. My prediction is 4-0 to the Bees. Wonder if Fosu will be playing for us.

Seriously, the envelope is postmarked 15 Aug and has been sent second class. I'd have though that the shop would have done its best to satisfy customers by sending it first class given that they knew it was going to be delivered the best part of a week late.

The envelope is tough and sort of bubbly-wrappy - yet the programme has still got one of its corners bent.

No note of apology inside for the late delivery, though.

Curiously, the invoice says that there are two items packed inside but there's only the programme. Is this a sort of meta-thing where the existence of an invoice telling you that there are two things means that there are two things, including the invoice?

A MOMENT LATER...

Ahh. I've just found a second thing, buried deep inside. It's a card saying "We hope that you are 100% satisfied with your order...blah blah blah... If you are not, please return.."
Not on your nellie.
4.95 to send it second class!!!!
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

My programme for the Man U game arrived this morning. Can't wait for the game. My prediction is 4-0 to the Bees. Wonder if Fosu will be playing for us.

Seriously, the envelope is postmarked 15 Aug and has been sent second class. I'd have though that the shop would have done its best to satisfy customers by sending it first class given that they knew it was going to be delivered the best part of a week late.

The envelope is tough and sort of bubbly-wrappy - yet the programme has still got one of its corners bent.

No note of apology inside for the late delivery, though.

Curiously, the invoice says that there are two items packed inside but there's only the programme. Is this a sort of meta-thing where the existence of an invoice telling you that there are two things means that there are two things, including the invoice?

A MOMENT LATER...

Ahh. I've just found a second thing, buried deep inside. It's a card saying "We hope that you are 100% satisfied with your order...blah blah blah... If you are not, please return.."
Not on your nellie.
Mine had the poster with programme covers on it. That should have been the second item I think.
The corners were bent on mine too.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Mine had the poster with programme covers on it. That should have been the second item I think.
The corners were bent on mine too.
I got the poster two days after I ordered the subscription. I was lucky. And it wasn't bent. there was no sign of Marcus.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Does anyone know why Nick Bruzon isn't writing in the programme this season? He's been a contributor for many years.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Does anyone know why Nick Bruzon isn't writing in the programme this season? He's been a contributor for many years.
probably because people are getting a bit bored with his Mrs Brown's Boys references. Also he has done all the kits now for his feature I think.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

4.95 to send it second class!!!!
Be careful. Depending upon when you purchased the subscription determines if they should be sent first or second class. They have (sneakily?) changed the description. Originally said first class. Now is silent so expect second. Fortunately I screenshot the first class offer when I bought ???. Nonetheless, I have still not received the Man U programme. May as well save the postage and put in with the Everton one now ??.
 

Attachments

  • 400ADC95-5C1E-4216-98BF-12FA8D79F19B.jpeg
    400ADC95-5C1E-4216-98BF-12FA8D79F19B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • ACA54549-3D59-465B-AB50-1CFFC6C43A18.jpeg
    ACA54549-3D59-465B-AB50-1CFFC6C43A18.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

Matchday Programme 22/23

Be careful. Depending upon when you purchased the subscription determines if they should be sent first or second class. They have (sneakily?) changed the description. Originally said first class. Now is silent so expect second. Fortunately I screenshot the first class offer when I bought ???. Nonetheless, I have still not received the Man U programme. May as well save the postage and put in with the Everton one now ??.
I am too tight to pay 4.95 for postage.
Too not get your one yet is seriously not good enough either.
Where are you located for it to take forever and a day?
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

I am too tight to pay 4.95 for postage.
Too not get your one yet is seriously not good enough either.
Where are you located for it to take forever and a day?
I’m only in Gloucestershire but have a ST. Just started getting when the Covid nonsense was rampant and just carried on.

P&P = £2.30’ish not £4.95. And that assumes no cup matches, which are also included and would thus reduce the unit prices depending upon number.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

At Fulham on Saturday, they were selling programmes outside the ground for cash. So much easier and no queues!!
Yep, 3 sellers standing next to each other, no queue. Paid with cash, far quicker than card.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Took me longer to buy a programme at the home game than it was to walk to the ground.
On Saturday it took me longer to get in than buy the programme.
Tells you something.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Perhaps the club just need to highlight the programme sellers on the ground map so that people know where to go rather than join the queue at the first outlet they come across.

There was a Merch stand in the North Stand smoking area. I have no idea if they sold programmes but if they do and I knew that in advance then I wouldn't need to waste time queueing at the South Stand seller or the other Merch kiosk.
They didnt sell programmes and at least two people asked whilst i wa in the queue
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

At Fulham on Saturday, they were selling programmes outside the ground for cash. So much easier and no queues!!

Only if you had cash which we didn’t as apart from this i haven’t needed to carry cash for a long time.

The problem is not with card payments it’s with the way Brentford have implemented it. Relying on Wi-Fi and having to enter the amounts on the machines is the problem. Even charity buckets have 4g card readers with fixed amounts on these days.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Only if you had cash which we didn’t as apart from this i haven’t needed to carry cash for a long time.

The problem is not with card payments it’s with the way Brentford have implemented it. Relying on Wi-Fi and having to enter the amounts on the machines is the problem. Even charity buckets have 4g card readers with fixed amounts on these days.
Exactly my point. If the 'computer' says no, then no programme.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

At Fulham on Saturday, they were selling programmes outside the ground for cash. So much easier and no queues!!
Does anybody know if this is going to be happening on Saturday (and thereafter) at the GCS and will there be the normal amount of sellers again?
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Does anybody know if this is going to be happening on Saturday (and thereafter) at the GCS and will there be the normal amount of sellers again?

No sellers around the ground last night. Does someone somewhere suddenly declare a new orthodoxy on such matters.

In fairness had them at the food / drink outlets and in the shop.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

No sellers around the ground last night. Does someone somewhere suddenly declare a new orthodoxy on such matters.
It's looking that way, isn't it? Very disappointing IMO. From the comments on this thread, our last home game clearly showed that having so few sellers and none of the accepting cash was not a good idea. Let's see what happens this weekend, I suppose.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Four quid for a programme? Get stuffed! Most I ever paid was 5p and that included a Football League Review and pen pics of the opposition. Proper value. :judge:
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Four quid for a programme? Get stuffed! Most I ever paid was 5p and that included a Football League Review and pen pics of the opposition. Proper value. :judge:
I suppose the other point being made here is that £4 is a pretty substantial purchase each match, and so it should be a pleasurable event to do - not turned into a half hour or more queue, merely to suit the club office bureaucrats who want to make the job as painless as possible for themselves (eg avoiding tallying cash takings etc.). We wouldn’t queue half hour for a pint, or I guess for half hour in the club shop. Hopefully the club have by now investigated what could have been implemented better, so as to avoid repetition.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Contactless payments only again for the programmes this weekend:
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

There won’t be any cash sales this season. BIAS will take this up.
Rebus, thanks again for BIAS taking this up on our behalves. If of use, here are my further thoughts below:

Much as I’d like to retain cash (for nostalgic reasons, and cos I like using my coins on this), the key issue must surely be that the club provide a map of the seller locations, so as to minimise queues. As per my last post, buying a programme used to be (and should remain) a very pleasurable thing one looks forward to, immediately on entering the ground. Us programme collectors have always done this. It is a key part of the Matchday experience. If the club persist in making it a chore, at a stroke they will kill the sales, and fans will quickly decide it is a habit (of spending £4) that they can quickly do without. I don’t think that’s going to be an idle threat, as it’s certainly made me think twice.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

There won’t be any cash sales this season. BIAS will take this up.
I can't imagine many parents saying to little Trevor/Winnie 'here's my cash card, go and get yourself a programme or a snack'. Much easier giving kids a few quid.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

There won’t be any cash sales this season. BIAS will take this up.
While you're there, could you let them know that saying that programmes are available inside the ground is no use if people don't know where so they'll continue to clog up the outside:

Available inside and outside the ground – as well as from the Bees Merchandise Kiosk and the Bees Superstore – our sellers will be accepting contactless payments only.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Any subscribers received their programme for todays (Everton) match yet? I haven't, but no surprise there. Not much point paying for a programme that arrives after the match has taken place - and I get it so that I can read it at the match.

This is starting to smell like an attempt by the Bees to stop people wanting a printed programme.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Any subscribers received their programme for todays (Everton) match yet? I haven't, but no surprise there. Not much point paying for a programme that arrives after the match has taken place - and I get it so that I can read it at the match.

This is starting to smell like an attempt by the Bees to stop people wanting a printed programme.

'starting?....'
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Perhaps the club just need to highlight the programme sellers on the ground map so that people know where to go rather than join the queue at the first outlet they come across.

There was a Merch stand in the North Stand smoking area. I have no idea if they sold programmes but if they do and I knew that in advance then I wouldn't need to waste time queueing at the South Stand seller or the other Merch kiosk.
Agree. Issue is that no-one knows where they can be bought so queue up at the first one they see. Hence two massive queues and none elsewhere
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

I can't imagine many parents saying to little Trevor/Winnie 'here's my cash card, go and get yourself a programme or a snack'. Much easier giving kids a few quid.

That’s exactly what I did do and still do but now via Apple Pay.
 
Back
Top Bottom