Michael Kayode (19 Viewers)

Michael Kayode

Comparisons to Kante and Sodje are... Peculiar.

Looked good when he came on though
 

Michael Kayode

Decent first 18 minutes, but typical GPG over-reaction..............IMHO............
Before we all start getting carried away can I just remind posters on here of some of the comments that followed a certain Frank Onyeka's first game for us:

Potentially one of the greatest signings we will ever make from what I’ve seen already....truly Super Frank ;)

........this lad will be a big player for us this season.

Absolutely everywhere.

We are going to like Frank an awful awful lot.

What a player he is going to be.

Pure class


I could go on........
And lots of those by people who spent the last 2 seasons absolutely crucifying FO, and telling him to FO.........

As someone else said in another post after yesterday's game, things don't have to be either absolutely fantastic or, dog-sh*t. There are shades in between.
Let's not start putting pressure on this lad as if he's the second coming.
Just saying.
 

Michael Kayode

Decent first 18 minutes, but typical GPG over-reaction..............IMHO............
Before we all start getting carried away can I just remind posters on here of some of the comments that followed a certain Frank Onyeka's first game for us:

Potentially one of the greatest signings we will ever make from what I’ve seen already....truly Super Frank ;)

........this lad will be a big player for us this season.

Absolutely everywhere.

We are going to like Frank an awful awful lot.

What a player he is going to be.

Pure class


I could go on........
And lots of those by people who spent the last 2 seasons absolutely crucifying FO, and telling him to FO.........

As someone else said in another post after yesterday's game, things don't have to be either absolutely fantastic or, dog-sh*t. There are shades in between.
Let's not start putting pressure on this lad as if he's the second coming.
Just saying.
Bad night’s sleep?
 

Michael Kayode

Decent first 18 minutes, but typical GPG over-reaction..............IMHO............
Before we all start getting carried away can I just remind posters on here of some of the comments that followed a certain Frank Onyeka's first game for us:

Potentially one of the greatest signings we will ever make from what I’ve seen already....truly Super Frank ;)

........this lad will be a big player for us this season.

Absolutely everywhere.

We are going to like Frank an awful awful lot.

What a player he is going to be.

Pure class


I could go on........
And lots of those by people who spent the last 2 seasons absolutely crucifying FO, and telling him to FO.........

As someone else said in another post after yesterday's game, things don't have to be either absolutely fantastic or, dog-sh*t. There are shades in between.
Let's not start putting pressure on this lad as if he's the second coming.
Just saying.
Respectfully, I think you might be the one overreacting - I don’t think the comments on this thread are getting carried away at all. Lots of comments of ‘good debut’ / ‘lots to like’ which is…true. What else should we talk about on a forum?

Aside from one comment about displacing Hickey I’d say most people are just saying what they saw - which was a promising cameo. Not ‘heaping pressure’…the second coming’.

Also, bit more fun to get excited by finally having a new FB option, after years of discussion of not having any, isn’t it? That’s all people are doing - or should we all respond with ‘do it for fifteen games son, then I’ll comment’
 

Michael Kayode

Respectfully, I think you might be the one overreacting - I don’t think the comments on this thread are getting carried away at all. Lots of comments of ‘good debut’ / ‘lots to like’ which is…true. What else should we talk about on a forum?

Aside from one comment about displacing Hickey I’d say most people are just saying what they saw - which was a promising cameo. Not ‘heaping pressure’…the second coming’.

Also, bit more fun to get excited by finally having a new FB option, after years of discussion of not having any, isn’t it? That’s all people are doing - or should we all respond with ‘do it for fifteen games son, then I’ll comment’
Fair enough response (y)
But we have already had:

This boy has something about him

That was a great start

Brilliant cameo

Looks like a significant upgrade

Wow!!!

Bit of Kante about him

Excellent debut. Almost MOM

One of the best debuts anyone could want

Brilliant debut

Love the look of him already


Which I thought seemed very similar to what we got with FO.
And all based on 18 minutes on the pitch.....
But, as ever, and as you say, opinions and all that.......... So, all good. :cool:
 

Michael Kayode

Decent first 18 minutes, but typical GPG over-reaction..............IMHO............
Before we all start getting carried away can I just remind posters on here of some of the comments that followed a certain Frank Onyeka's first game for us:

Potentially one of the greatest signings we will ever make from what I’ve seen already....truly Super Frank ;)

........this lad will be a big player for us this season.

Absolutely everywhere.

We are going to like Frank an awful awful lot.

What a player he is going to be.

Pure class


I could go on........
And lots of those by people who spent the last 2 seasons absolutely crucifying FO, and telling him to FO.........

As someone else said in another post after yesterday's game, things don't have to be either absolutely fantastic or, dog-sh*t. There are shades in between.
Let's not start putting pressure on this lad as if he's the second coming.
Just saying.
I knew that performance had reminded me of someone! Thanks for the reminder
 

Michael Kayode

Fair enough response (y)
But we have already had:

This boy has something about him
he runs funny
That was a great start

Brilliant cameo

Looks like a significant upgrade

Wow!!!

Bit of Kante about him

Excellent debut. Almost MOM

One of the best debuts anyone could want

Brilliant debut

Love the look of him already


Which I thought seemed very similar to what we got with FO.
And all based on 18 minutes on the pitch.....
But, as ever, and as you say, opinions and all that.......... So, all good. :cool:
?
 

Michael Kayode

Decent first 18 minutes, but typical GPG over-reaction..............IMHO............
Before we all start getting carried away can I just remind posters on here of some of the comments that followed a certain Frank Onyeka's first game for us:

Potentially one of the greatest signings we will ever make from what I’ve seen already....truly Super Frank ;)

........this lad will be a big player for us this season.

Absolutely everywhere.

We are going to like Frank an awful awful lot.

What a player he is going to be.

Pure class


I could go on........
And lots of those by people who spent the last 2 seasons absolutely crucifying FO, and telling him to FO.........

As someone else said in another post after yesterday's game, things don't have to be either absolutely fantastic or, dog-sh*t. There are shades in between.
Let's not start putting pressure on this lad as if he's the second coming.
Just saying.


Oh yeah, so what about this comment ?

"His performance made me smile but also sh*t myself"
 

Michael Kayode

Didn’t like him shouting in annoyance at Sepp, that’s not been the Brentford way for years; was briefly worried about the ND rule, but will put it down to his youth & Italianess. Aside from that 1 second he looked triffic. Would start him at WHU.
 

Michael Kayode

Fair enough response (y)
But we have already had:

This boy has something about him

That was a great start

Brilliant cameo

Looks like a significant upgrade

Wow!!!

Bit of Kante about him

Excellent debut. Almost MOM

One of the best debuts anyone could want

Brilliant debut

Love the look of him already


Which I thought seemed very similar to what we got with FO.
And all based on 18 minutes on the pitch.....
But, as ever, and as you say, opinions and all that.......... So, all good. :cool:


Mine made the list thank you ??
 

Michael Kayode

Came on full of energy, looking for the ball and very quick in attacking. Good long throw that could prove to our advantage.
 

Michael Kayode

I wonder whether at home he’ll help us play a 3-4-3 type formation.

With Pinnock fit we have 3 obvious centre backs. Good for set pieces and long throws too.

MK and KLP wide of the 4 with licence to attack. Norgaard and one other central. Dams and Bryan supporting Wissa.

Basically what Man Utd would like to do but with better players.
 

Michael Kayode

Accepting the above stated caution, I thought Michael's 18 minutes were the bright moment in a game that was slipping away into misery. I'm rather excited by him, and boy can he sprint.
 

Michael Kayode

Definitely the highlight from today. Could result in Hickey being Norgaard's long term replacement in the middle...
Or Rico’s on the left…
 

Michael Kayode

Decent first 18 minutes, but typical GPG over-reaction..............IMHO............
Before we all start getting carried away can I just remind posters on here of some of the comments that followed a certain Frank Onyeka's first game for us:

Potentially one of the greatest signings we will ever make from what I’ve seen already....truly Super Frank ;)

........this lad will be a big player for us this season.

Absolutely everywhere.

We are going to like Frank an awful awful lot.

What a player he is going to be.

Pure class


I could go on........
And lots of those by people who spent the last 2 seasons absolutely crucifying FO, and telling him to FO.........

As someone else said in another post after yesterday's game, things don't have to be either absolutely fantastic or, dog-sh*t. There are shades in between.
Let's not start putting pressure on this lad as if he's the second coming.
Just saying.

Did anyone else notice his wave to the crowd was partly a gesture asking them to calm down as they were chanting his name during the warm-up? I felt as though maybe he wants to temper expectations too.
 

Michael Kayode

I'm calling it now:

He'll win motm five times a season

He'll make some absolute howlers four times a season

That throw will cause utter panic in the opposition box every game of the season
When he dribbled accross the top of our box absolutely none of the Brentford players had any idea what was going on at all ?. 10 people thinking “WTF” as he wall passed it to Hakon and dribbled off to the left touch line.
 

Michael Kayode

Great debut - threw all his effort into it.

Has a great physical presence, and positive mental attitude - looks very proud to wear the Bees shirt.

Can see him becoming a crowd favourite!

Mind you he’s going to have to cover a lot of mileage in a match, if he has to take every throw in, whether it‘s on the right or left of the pitch! ?⚽️?

Apart from Damsgaard, he made a very impressive cameo debut - interestingly both from ex-Fiorentina!
 

Michael Kayode

And a great post-match interview on the app. Big smile. I think he might have enjoyed his debut! Seems like a lovely character. It’s certainly going to be fun watching his progress.
 

Michael Kayode

Quite a judgement to reach after 15 minutes of football where we got opened up a couple of times. Loved what I saw but let’s not get carried away!

I suspect Thomas may see more risk than reward in him currently but we’ll sort that out!
Yes exactly. He looked great on the pitch but a bit lost when they carved us up on the left side. A raw talent and defintley a work in progress.
 

Michael Kayode

Great debut - threw all his effort into it.

Has a great physical presence, and positive mental attitude - looks very proud to wear the Bees shirt.

Can see him becoming a crowd favourite!

Mind you he’s going to have to cover a lot of mileage in a match, if he has to take every throw in, whether it‘s on the right or left of the pitch! ?⚽️?

Apart from Damsgaard, he made a very impressive cameo debut - interestingly both from ex-Fiorentina!
Damsgaard came from Sampdoria, we bought Norgaard from Fiorentina
 

Michael Kayode

Did anyone else notice his wave to the crowd was partly a gesture asking them to calm down as they were chanting his name during the warm-up? I felt as though maybe he wants to temper expectations too.
Earning himself a distinction in the BFC 'No Dickheads' examination.
?:hat:
 

Michael Kayode

Yes exactly. He looked great on the pitch but a bit lost when they carved us up on the left side. A raw talent and defintley a work in progress.
Wasn't his fault that one. Had to rewatch the extended highlights to see what happened:
View: https://youtu.be/r37ceF4WJYk?t=361

Kayode is fine and covering both the ball receiver and wide man about to overlap.
Unfortunately it's Collins that underestimates the pace and athleticism of Sarr who comes from about 20/30 yards behind him to beat him to the ball in the box.
Having said that, Valdimarrson should probably still save it, and its more of a keeping error than anything else in my book.
 

Michael Kayode

Wasn't his fault that one. Had to rewatch the extended highlights to see what happened:
View: https://youtu.be/r37ceF4WJYk?t=361

Kayode is fine and covering both the ball receiver and wide man about to overlap.
Unfortunately it's Collins that underestimates the pace and athleticism of Sarr who comes from about 20/30 yards behind him to beat him to the ball in the box.
Having said that, Valdimarrson should probably still save it, and its more of a keeping error than anything else in my book.

Yep
Having questioned whether MK was possibly partly culpable for the 2nd goal having watched live, viewing the highlights it's exactly as you describe. (y)
 

Michael Kayode

It’s just so “us” that having been short of a right back for 18 months we sign one just when the first choice is almost fit again.

Is Hickey back soon? I haven’t seen anything.

As for Mickey K, he is going to be loved. Sergi on steroids. I have seen plenty of debuts when the player has eased himself in but not many who wanted to take over everything

When he sprinted over to take the long throw I was half expecting him to head it in as well.
 

Michael Kayode

Is Hickey back soon? I haven’t seen anything.

As for Mickey K, he is going to be loved. Sergi on steroids. I have seen plenty of debuts when the player has eased himself in but not many who wanted to take over everything

When he sprinted over to take the long throw I was half expecting him to head it in as well.
I'm sure at the end of the match he said what happened to Charlie Goode he'd get on those throws ....
 

Michael Kayode

Can we please resurrect the Jota chant (to the tune of Supertramp - The Logical Song)?

Michael Kayode he is so wonderful,
A miracle,.oh it's beautiful magical.
When he runs down the wing he's as fast as lightening, it's frightening, and he makes all the Bees sing.

Do do do do do do do do do do do do do

Apologies in advance
 

Michael Kayode

Can we please resurrect the Jota chant (to the tune of Supertramp - The Logical Song)?

Michael Kayode he is so wonderful,
A miracle,.oh it's beautiful magical.
When he runs down the wing he's as fast as lightening, it's frightening, and he makes all the Bees sing.

Do do do do do do do do do do do do do

Apologies in advance
It’s a NO from me ………?
 

Michael Kayode

How about a New Order nod to Wile E Coyote and Andy Feeley..

Michael's got Kayode motion
And there's nothing you can do
Michael's got Kayode motion
And he's coming after you
 
Back
Top Bottom