Rico Henry (4 Viewers)

Rico Henry

Amazing player, but as others above have alluded too, his final ball is pretty terrible.

When you consider the amount of forward posistions he gets himself into he should have more assists.

To put it into perspective - he has the same amount of assists this season as Ethan Pinnock, Emiliano, Janelt and even Baptiste.

Would i change him for any other LB though? Absolutely not. :D
Relative lack of end product might have been what's kept the buyers away so fine by me. Outstandingly brilliant as a defender.
 

Rico Henry

If he improves his attacking qualities / delivery into the box he could play for a top 6 prem club IMO. Of course happy he stays with us on our journey ?
 

Rico Henry

If he improves his attacking qualities / delivery into the box he could play for a top 6 prem club IMO. Of course happy he stays with us on our journey ?
If he improves his attacking qualities / delivery into the box he could play for a top 6 prem club IMO. Of course happy he stays with us on our journey ?
1st name on the team sheet for me but I worry he'll be burnt out or injured without a break now and again. We've others who could slot in & do a job but no identical replacements.
 

Rico Henry

1st name on the team sheet for me but I worry he'll be burnt out or injured without a break now and again. We've others who could slot in & do a job but no identical replacements.
You will never get an identical replacement. Watkins played more or less every game last season so think Henry could do the same with a little luck, especially with our exceptional back room staff.
 

Rico Henry

If he improves his attacking qualities / delivery into the box he could play for a top 6 prem club IMO. Of course happy he stays with us on our journey ?
I thought you were meaning us next season...! top 6 would be perfect...
 

Rico Henry

You will never get an identical replacement. Watkins played more or less every game last season so think Henry could do the same with a little luck, especially with our exceptional back room staff.
I agree Dom Thomson is a better crosser but Henry is much better defender
 

Rico Henry

I agree Dom Thomson is a better crosser but Henry is much better defender
At the moment- if DT can develop his defending he might turn out to be a more complete player, just around the time when after a season or two of success with us in the PL, we sadly wave off Rico in exchange for £25m. Those DoFs seem to know a thing or two!
 

Rico Henry

I think Rico is still somewhat underrated compared to some of our other players.

Contrary to some views above, for me his attacking play and crossing is now much, much better than a year or two ago.

Absolutely quality player and now an 8 or 9 out of 10 almost every game. Hope we go up of course and keep him but if not surely he will be playing in the PL next year.
 

Rico Henry

I love Rico but he isn’t playing well at the moment at either end of the pitch, crossing is poor but worse tonight was their first goal when he headed the ball back into the centre of the goal. I’m pretty sure the first thing they tell you when you’re a kid playing is never clear the ball into the centre!!
 

Rico Henry

When we let Thompson go on loan in January I fully expected us to announce an exciting new left back signing, in essence to either replace Rico if we stayed in the Championship or be a strong understudy for him in the Premiership, given it looks like Thompson is not up to the standard. So not signing a player and allowing the back up to go out on loan seems an odd decision; we’ve purposefully left ourselves short in this area.
 

Rico Henry

I love Rico but he isn’t playing well at the moment at either end of the pitch, crossing is poor but worse tonight was their first goal when he headed the ball back into the centre of the goal. I’m pretty sure the first thing they tell you when you’re a kid playing is never clear the ball into the centre!!
Wasn't just that moment I'm thinking of. He's being targeted, not getting close enough to players - just looks a bit rattled. He'll pick up.
 

Rico Henry

Wasn't just that moment I'm thinking of. He's being targeted, not getting close enough to players - just looks a bit rattled. He'll pick up.
Yeah you’re totally right, it does seem as though teams are targeting his area. Like you I’m confident he will bounce back, it might be just a simple case of resting him for a match. He has played a lot of football over the last year considering the amount of injuries he has had in his career.
 

Rico Henry

The poor bloke is dead on his feet.
It just goes to show how important he is to us.
He is class... needs a rest and he will get back to his best.
 

Rico Henry

I've been saying this for weeks. He needs a rest - urgently - after two real stinkers.

a stopped clock is right twice a day. You were calling him out when he was putting in man of the match performances.
 

Rico Henry

Rico is the best left back in the Championship but the entire Barnsley game & 2nd half tonight were way below par. Hope it's just a blip in form - all players have them. Really don't think he could tell us now what went through his head for that first goal....anywhere except right to the feet of Field central & eight yards out.
 

Rico Henry

Best left back in the league.

The poor guy is in need of a break. Is he expected to play every minute until the end?

I never comment on the DOF decision. However, the left back scenario is very strange to me. Thompson was good enough to provide Rico 2-3 breaks across the remaining games.
 

Rico Henry

Best left back in the league.

The poor guy is in need of a break. Is he expected to play every minute until the end?

I never comment on the DOF decision. However, the left back scenario is very strange to me. Thompson was good enough to provide Rico 2-3 breaks across the remaining games.
Rico has had 2 bad games by his very high standards, all part of the learning process. My money is on him to go back to basics and come back stronger. He is one of several players that need to take a look at themselves after last night and step up. He will I am sure find his form again, probably on Saturday.
 

Rico Henry

Best left back in the league.

The poor guy is in need of a break. Is he expected to play every minute until the end?

I never comment on the DOF decision. However, the left back scenario is very strange to me. Thompson was good enough to provide Rico 2-3 breaks across the remaining games.
Exactly that. Thompson would have been ideal to bring in for this Saturday’s game. Rico is going to burn out if he plays twice a week for the rest of the season Also, what the hell will we do if he gets injured? big mistake imo...
 

Rico Henry

Exactly that. Thompson would have been ideal to bring in for this Saturday’s game. Rico is going to burn out if he plays twice a week for the rest of the season Also, what the hell will we do if he gets injured? big mistake imo...
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring, he will be fine starting Saturday.
 

Rico Henry

A very weak headed assist for their leveller. Horrible. Whole defence in panic mode when balls come into the box. Needs some leadership back there. Still all to play for.
 

Rico Henry

Exactly that. Thompson would have been ideal to bring in for this Saturday’s game. Rico is going to burn out if he plays twice a week for the rest of the season Also, what the hell will we do if he gets injured? big mistake imo...
Would not surprise me to see Janelt play left back when Norgaard returns. He looks like he could play there, and has all the required skills even some speed. Failing that, Rasmussen appears effect in that position even though not his correct side. Thompson was not up to the standard, and a loan was the best option for both parties, and he will return a better player.
 

Rico Henry

Should have came off in the first half after rolling his ankle, he looked at the bench, but they roared at him to continue, he did but struggled somewhat in the second half. This shows we need a backup left back urgently. Rico has played every single Championship game for us last season and also this season bar one. I think we should be more understandable if a few games he has tired and not played to the level we all know he does or can.
 

Rico Henry

Rico has had 2 bad games by his very high standards, all part of the learning process. My money is on him to go back to basics and come back stronger. He is one of several players that need to take a look at themselves after last night and step up. He will I am sure find his form again, probably on Saturday.
He hasn't lost his form, he just needs resting. You do know 'which I have already mentioned in a previous post' he has played every single Championship game last season and every single Championship game this season bar one with hardly no rest in between. The players don't need to look at themselves they will already know., you should have more trust in the backroom staff.
 

Rico Henry

Watching highlights, it looks to me like the deflection for the 2nd came off Rico, not MBS as I initially thought......
Really unlucky, as he did fantastically well to get across and get a (half) block in......
 

Rico Henry

This is definitely the worst part of what happened today...didn't look a good one even for a hammy! Who do we play? Roerslev? Sorensen?

Not good.
 

Rico Henry

Cross everything you can, pray to whatever gods you like, perform whatever good luck rituals you know, use any wishes you have left that he isn't badly injured cos we gambled and I hope it doesn't derail us if he is.
 

Rico Henry

He needed a rest anyway.

Just hope it's not long term.
 

Rico Henry

This is definitely the worst part of what happened today...didn't look a good one even for a hammy! Who do we play? Roerslev? Sorensen?

Not good.
I agree. I was sitting here rather grumpy but kicked the coffee table when Rico went down. Wonder if that knocked the stuffing out of the team too?
 

Rico Henry

His injury is the worst part of today. The Jan window looks like its bitten us right in a**e today. No left back and the squad depth looking quite poor.
 

Rico Henry

Sky showed a stat that he’d played something like 76 of our last 77 games (can’t remember the exact figure). This was always likely to happen given the ground he covers and way he plays. Makes it even more baffling that we let DT go on loan...
 

Rico Henry

I cannot believe we let Thompson go without cover.

I said before, I never pick on the DOF, but I cannot work out that decision


Mistake
Mads Beck can play there plus a couple of others. I think we’ll miss him pushing up down the left though and hopefully it’s not too bad for him.
 

Rico Henry

You never know, we might even go 3-4-3.

Yes, if Toney is out for a few more games, then 3-4-3 would allow us to get players closer to Forss, and cover for Henry with a more attacking player. Putting Mbeumo at left wing-back might help spark him into life, as he'll have more room to run into.

Longer term, I'd like to see Janelt at left-back, but we need Nørgaard back to allow for that.
 

Rico Henry

Sky showed a stat that he’d played something like 76 of our last 77 games (can’t remember the exact figure). This was always likely to happen given the ground he covers and way he plays. Makes it even more baffling that we let DT go on loan...
We will have to change our shape .club took a chance he'd stay fit as he's been so fit last 2 seasons so no complaints from me.thompson I don't rate anyway...
 

Rico Henry

I cannot believe we let Thompson go without cover.

I said before, I never pick on the DOF, but I cannot work out that decision


Mistake
The plain fact is that Thompson is nowhere near good enough to play in our first team so even if he were here we would still be looking to replace Henry with Sorenson. Thompson will come back from his loan a much better player so IMO not a mistake, but something that had to be done for the benefit of all parties.
 

Rico Henry

Shame for him and for us - the worst part of today. I think a lot of us feared this was going to happen. Who will deputise for him?
 

Rico Henry

Hammy min and hammy max recovery times anyone? ?
 

Rico Henry

Hammy min and hammy max recovery times anyone? ?


The three grades of hamstring injury are: Grade I: a mild muscle strain - likely to recover in a few days. Grade II: a partial muscle tear. Grade III: a complete muscle tear or tear of an attachment - may take weeks or months to heal.
 

Rico Henry

The three grades of hamstring injury are: Grade I: a mild muscle strain - likely to recover in a few days. Grade II: a partial muscle tear. Grade III: a complete muscle tear or tear of an attachment - may take weeks or months to heal.
Don‘t know if the fact he walked off unaided was a sign it might be a grade 1 or if I’m just clutching at straws
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Rico Henry

Don‘t know if the fact he walked off unaided was a sign it might be a grade 1 or if I’m just clutching at straws

My view is that there was enough discomfort for it to be worse than that but probably not Grade 3. Expert opinions are of course advised. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom