Rico Henry

Rico Henry

When his thread came up for a horrible moment I thought Forest had signed him. BTW is it 1 or 2 R's for Forrest?
 

Rico Henry

I overheard a convo at Palace saying 'name me one better player than Jensen this season'...
Well we can start with Rico...
He’s not gonna play sh1t for you. Face up to facts and embrace the reality. I take it you’re a Brentford fan? Then Rico’s and Jensen’s excellent form is a double dose of great news for you. ?
 

Rico Henry

If he continues to improve beyond the World Cup I'd even support him being offered a new contract...which is not something I'd ever thought I'd say...
 

Rico Henry

I haven't watched England for at least 4 years because of Southgate and there is only two ways I would stop and that is Southgate leaving or a Brentford player making an appearance.
Then you've missed our best two tournaments in the last 30 years.
 

Rico Henry

I haven't watched England for at least 4 years because of Southgate
Kind of bizarre.

England have literally not performed to the standards set by Southgate’s sides under any other manager for decades.

Italy and Croatia was heartbreaking and Gareth isn’t perfect but come on, you haven’t watched for 4 years? So you preferred us under Hodgson etc?

Very strange.
 

Rico Henry

If he continues to improve beyond the World Cup I'd even support him being offered a new contract...which is not something I'd ever thought I'd say...
You’ve got to try harder than this if you want bites.
 

Rico Henry

:backtotopic:...? I was genuinely confused which thread I was in for a bit then.

On Rico, and right on queue given the praise above, I thought he had a bit of a stinker today! Trying to be positive and attacking a few times, he just lost the ball in dangerous positions. Seemed he was a bit below his usual blistering pace perhaps, so didn't manage to burst past the man as intended.
 

Rico Henry

:backtotopic:...? I was genuinely confused which thread I was in for a bit then.

On Rico, and right on queue given the praise above, I thought he had a bit of a stinker today! Trying to be positive and attacking a few times, he just lost the ball in dangerous positions. Seemed he was a bit below his usual blistering pace perhaps, so didn't manage to burst past the man as intended.
I thought that for once an opponent played him really well. On some days last season, we'd have been a bit baffled in terms of an alternative.
Not yesterday with Toney, Mee and others on fire.
 

Rico Henry

I thought that for once an opponent played him really well. On some days last season, we'd have been a bit baffled in terms of an alternative.
Not yesterday with Toney, Mee and others on fire.
Leeds' tactics seem to be to play forward quickly and press really high, with a front 4 supported by the full backs, which creates overloads right across their front line. I think Thomas set up our tactics to counter and exploit theirs. It meant that our full backs had to stay deeper and be supported by others doubling up. Both Hickey and Henry had to work very hard and struggled at times. When we did do is get the ball in behind their full backs for Lewis-Potter and Toney, while, out of possession, Mbeumo and Jensen covered our full backs. It seemed to have worked.
 

Rico Henry

Leeds' tactics seem to be to play forward quickly and press really high, with a front 4 supported by the full backs, which creates overloads right across their front line. I think Thomas set up our tactics to counter and exploit theirs. It meant that our full backs had to stay deeper and be supported by others doubling up. Both Hickey and Henry had to work very hard and struggled at times. When we did do is get the ball in behind their full backs for Lewis-Potter and Toney, while, out of possession, Mbeumo and Jensen covered our full backs. It seemed to have worked.
Sinisterra is pretty good. In fact their midfield all looked good barring Harrison’s low corners which my son predicted correctly wouldn’t clear Mbeumo. So it was hard work for Rico and Aaron, particularly in the absence of a third CB and with Leeds attempting to get their FBs overlapping with their wingers. Luckily Struijk was a CB playing LB and Drameh a not very good youngster. Pushing them all forward and us playing a low block meant we had those acres of space for Ivan, Keane and Bryan to exploit and terrorise their CBs, each of whom gave away a pair of goals.
 

Rico Henry

Rico has been unbelievably good this season, possibly our best player. I’ve noticed, though, that he can fade from a game a bit, tends to be better first half than second. If that is the case (and I may well be wrong!) it’s difficult to explain it - surely can’t be a fitness thing?
 

Rico Henry

southgate has no reason not to also select rico in squad announcement today.

but then GS is very much a square holes for round pegs kinda idiot, so i expect to be further annoyed by his stupidity
 

Rico Henry

southgate has no reason not to also select rico in squad announcement today.

but then GS is very much a square holes for round pegs kinda idiot, so i expect to be further annoyed by his stupidity
He won’t select Rico sadly. He would rather play a right footed Trippier there. plank!!!!!
 

Rico Henry

He won’t select Rico sadly. He would rather play a right footed Trippier there. plank!!!!!
I really hope Southgate lists at least one left back but I sincerely doubt that Rico will be on the list.
 

Rico Henry

I really hope Southgate lists at least one left back but I sincerely doubt that Rico will be on the list.
Chilwell is a shoo-in so will depend if he actually selects 2 LB's rather than trying to play a RB in that position as cover - is Mitchell still injured as either him or Walker-Peters will probably go above Rico
 

Rico Henry

Chilwell is a shoo-in so will depend if he actually selects 2 LB's rather than trying to play a RB in that position as cover - is Mitchell still injured as either him or Walker-Peters will probably go above Rico
I think he'll select from players who've already has a previous call-up. It would be unusual to use this pre-WC tournament to give an untried player a look-over. Toney's form may get him in for a once-over, not Henry.
 

Rico Henry

Chilwell is a shoo-in so will depend if he actually selects 2 LB's rather than trying to play a RB in that position as cover - is Mitchell still injured as either him or Walker-Peters will probably go above Rico
It probably won't be helpful that Southgate was at the Chelsea game last night and was sitting next to Patrick Viera in the stand so if Mitchell is fit I wouldn't be surprised if he is picked in front of Rico. I'm sure they would have discussed it.
 

Rico Henry

So pleased for Ivan, but not picking Rico is complete joke, clearly the best English Left Back out there and gets over looked by a Reserve Man United Player and a Chelsea Reserve Left Back.
It's absolutely criminal!!
 

Rico Henry

It's now official, Southgate is a complete idiot. How on earth does Shaw get in ahead of Rico? Absolutely ridiculous. I now have zero confidence left in this bozo. World Cup? Quarter finals at best.
 

Rico Henry

Love Rico but he was never getting selected today was he. At least he stays under the radar for now... gotta feel for him tho.
 

Rico Henry

Love Rico but he was never getting selected today was he. At least he stays under the radar for now... gotta feel for him tho.
It would "almost" be acceptable if Southgate had selected 7 right backs as per usual. But to select two left backs, neither of which look like getting anywhere near their respective first teams at any point soon makes the decision not to pick Rico an absolute disgrace!! f***ing clueless Southgate.
 

Rico Henry

Never mind. Ivan getting called up will show him that there’s a chance after Qatar if he keeps playing well.
 

Rico Henry

Rico has been so consistent, really disappointed for him. Luke Shaw....................... He is s..t, absolute s..t
 

Rico Henry

So poor that he hasn't been called up but 2 left backs that can't get into their club side have been. Southgate should be embarrassed
 

Rico Henry

I've a feeling that if either Shaw & Chilwell were featuring for their clubs sides Rico may have got a call up. As it is Southgate has opted to get a closer look at those 2 to assess their current form.
 

Rico Henry

I've a feeling that if either Shaw & Chilwell were featuring for their clubs sides Rico may have got a call up. As it is Southgate has opted to get a closer look at those 2 to assess their current form.
Hmmm, if that was the case, Bryan owning Luke Shaw for our 4th goal has cost Rico a place in the England squad. :(
 

Rico Henry

I've a feeling that if either Shaw & Chilwell were featuring for their clubs sides Rico may have got a call up. As it is Southgate has opted to get a closer look at those 2 to assess their current form.
I understand Chilwell - he's coming back from injury and is a good player. But Shaw I just cannot understand. Been poor this season.
 

Rico Henry

I hope both Shaw and Chilwell get lots of game time to prove they shouldn’t be there
I'd hope Chilwell is preferred to Shaw and a whole succession of right backs but I'd think Mitchell would be ahead of Henry in the reckoning or even a call up for Sessegnon now he's showing form at Spurs.
 

Rico Henry

I've a feeling that if either Shaw & Chilwell were featuring for their clubs sides Rico may have got a call up. As it is Southgate has opted to get a closer look at those 2 to assess their current form.
No chance I am afraid. Southgate just proved once again what an idiot he is. I won't say he is a s**t manager because he gets results on the pitch. But another great piece of decision making by him I must say. Unbelievable.
 
Last edited:

Rico Henry

I understand Chilwell - he's coming back from injury and is a good player. But Shaw I just cannot understand. Been poor this season.
Rico has excelled over the last couple of seasons and should have a call up because of that.

Shaw scored in the euro nations final. Since then? Nada.

At least Southgate gave Ivan a call.
 

Rico Henry

Picking Shaw, Chilwell and Maguire is a joke, they must be Southgate‘s love child’s. Rico is miles ahead of Shaw and Chilwell, but they play for so called top 6 clubs, the National team is becoming stale with same old brigade being paraded every game, boring boring just like the manager.
 

Rico Henry

I understand Chilwell - he's coming back from injury and is a good player. But Shaw I just cannot understand. Been poor this season.
Exactly - Chilwell is our number 1 LB but to pick Shaw above Rico is bonkers. I'd probably understand Mitchell or Walker-Peters but he has been crap for a while and hasn't played since we tanked them.
 
Back
Top Bottom