- Joined
- 23 May 2000
- Messages
- 24,060
- Reaction score
- 15,782
Just how good was Henry today? If it wasn't for injuries he would have been a Premiership player by now.
Just how good was Henry today? If it wasn't for injuries he would have been a Premiership player by now.
think it's worth remembering, as we were discussing a bit back in August (how injury prone he is), he's never had a run of 20+ games at this level. so, now he has, and i think we're seeing him grow as a result. he has a lot of good raw ingredients of course - now he just needs that gametime and experience.
must've missed this thread last week, can't believe there was a debate ragingthought he clearly just panicked, knowing they were catching us out and had a spare man. slightly misjudged the cross and in his desperation, "threw" himself at it, unfortunately illegally. in the cold light of day he'd have been better off seeing what Reach could do from there (probably not much). but you don't get to play in the cold light of day. some of these "expert" opinions lol
I think slowly but gradually he is his growing back into the player he was. Still don't think he 100% there myself but he is in the mid 90's. It's his final delivery that's not quiet there imho.
Slowly ! Been outstanding these last 2-3 months imho
The second goal was 90% down to him. He won a towering defensive header deep in our half then sprinted like a man possessed to pick up the cut back from Benrahma before swinging in a perfect cross for Ollie.
MOM today for me, the second goal was totally thanks to Rico!
Yes, he was very good but I almost feel obliged to say - finally! For the positions he gets in, his final ball has been pretty poor this season and I'd guess that was his first assist today. He good but can definitely be better although having said that. he'd get in every Championship team I suspect.
MOM today for me, the second goal was totally thanks to Rico!
He is in a purple patch of form. He’s a big part of how we play.
The cross for the 2nd goal he looked up twice before curling it behind Wilmot for Ollie to run into.
8 million plus and rising for this fella.
Rico must have crossed 100 times for Ollie whilst I was at the training ground. With Ollie scuffing them in any which way but lose. I'd wager that goal was the result
I love him. Making the most of a extended run in the team. He was unreal in that first half. Tore them apart. And the boy can defend too
Bullied today. Completely bullied.
Bullied today. Completely bullied.
From a QPR player rating site: - QPR Star Man – Osayi-Samuel was probably the pick of the starters, though far from the blistering form of the previous weeks and I thought Rico Henry handled him better than most full backs this season. Brentford clearly took their foot off the gas second half.
Osayi-Samuel is a very very fast player and the R's rely on him tremendously to get behind the defence, so over all Rico done a good especially first half.
even watching in the pub, a certain unnamed colleague said "whoever's marking Osayi-Samuel is not working hard enough there" when the goal went in - then you saw the replay and Rico did well really, he was running hard throughout - it was the midfield i think who could have been tighter to (Chair?) to not allow the easy one-two pass...
Agreedyes, I thought both DaSilva and Benhrama were a bit lax in supporting Henry down that side, he often got left with Samuel on his own when we should have been doubling up..
yes, I thought both DaSilva and Benhrama were a bit lax in supporting Henry down that side, he often got left with Samuel on his own when we should have been doubling up..
Agreed, I saw our sign on the wall saying just this!!! lol
even watching in the pub, a certain unnamed colleague said "whoever's marking Osayi-Samuel is not working hard enough there" when the goal went in - then you saw the replay and Rico did well really, he was running hard throughout - it was the midfield i think who could have been tighter to (Chair?) to not allow the easy one-two pass...
Sorry, I'm not having that! So Rico did "really well" in the replay, when we conceded??! Somehow I don't think those would have been the exact words of Brian Riemer!! Yes, Rico does react to the one-two & it's reasonably well worked. You can also argue that Norgaard needs to close the midfielder down a touch quicker, & perhaps a centre back needs to smell the danger & snuff out the danger at the near post, but the fact remains that Rico is heavily complicit in conceding the goal as it was his job to react to the one-two in terms of tracking the winger and stopping the cross. He doesn't achieve that.....they score....I stand by my comment
Look I agree. BoS was easily their best player in both games. Eze - forget him. Rico had a very hard game both games and BoS got away once. It happens. Well done Rico.
Aside from Josh C and Field who we know the club are looking to move on, is Rico are longest serving player?
Sorry, I'm not having that! So Rico did "really well" in the replay, when we conceded??! Somehow I don't think those would have been the exact words of Brian Riemer!! Yes, Rico does react to the one-two & it's reasonably well worked. You can also argue that Norgaard needs to close the midfielder down a touch quicker, & perhaps a centre back needs to smell the danger & snuff out the danger at the near post, but the fact remains that Rico is heavily complicit in conceding the goal as it was his job to react to the one-two in terms of tracking the winger and stopping the cross. He doesn't achieve that.....they score....I stand by my comment
in the replay, there's not a moment where he actually switched off or anything - he was outdone by a good bit of play. the ease with which the 1-2 could be played is a bigger problem here, i reckon. Rico had a good game overall![]()
Their fans thought so. Really impressed with him.
in the replay, there's not a moment where he actually switched off or anything - he was outdone by a good bit of play. the ease with which the 1-2 could be played is a bigger problem here, i reckon. Rico had a good game overall![]()