Rico Henry

Rico Henry

Terrible news for Rico and the team. I wonder how often we'll opt for back 3 now without our main LWB in the five? Could it be time to trial the time honoured 442 with covering midfielders?
I'd say the exact opposite. Rico is more of a miss in a back four, as his pace and one-on-one defending come to the fore. In a wing back formation it's possible to consider players for that position who are more attackers than defenders, such as Ghoddos or KLP.
 

Rico Henry

I’ve not read back on this thread. I’m pretty sure Janelt does a good job covering at Left Back.
 

Rico Henry

I’ve not read back on this thread. I’m pretty sure Janelt does a good job covering at Left Back.
He might do but we're also very light on centre mids at the minute, so that's not an option. I wouldn't want Onyeka or Ghoddos starting every game in centre mid as we don't know when Dams is back either.

I also think Janelt at LWB could work but LB probably not.

It's been a really unlucky start to the season injury wise.
 

Rico Henry

In TF we trust.

it seems that most times he has been set a conundrum regarding selection and formation he has come up a solution.

get well soon Rico.
 

Rico Henry

Have we had any official word yet? Until such time, I will keep hoping for the best. Either way, wishing Rico a speedy recovery...
 

Rico Henry

Have we had any official word yet? Until such time, I will keep hoping for the best. Either way, wishing Rico a speedy recovery...
Jay Harris / The Athletic are reporting it now
 

Rico Henry

Have we had any official word yet? Until such time, I will keep hoping for the best. Either way, wishing Rico a speedy recovery...
I'm an optimist like you seem to be but on this occasion, us optimists probably have to reluctantly accept that sh*t has happened.
 

Rico Henry

I’ve not read back on this thread. I’m pretty sure Janelt does a good job covering at Left Back.
I think Ghoddos would be my preferred option! Slightly quicker and slightly smaller turning circle. Let’s hope the occasion never arises.
 

Rico Henry

A great loss if true, Rico is playing the best football of his career. However, its not the first time and it won't be the last time, we will lose a player in this way. Thomas and his team will already know what they will want to do, and will hopefully allow an opportunity for someone else to step up. We are a team not reliant on just one player, as we have already shown with the loss of Toney.
 

Rico Henry

A great loss if true, Rico is playing the best football of his career. However, its not the first time and it won't be the last time, we will lose a player in this way. Thomas and his team will already know what they will want to do, and will hopefully allow an opportunity for someone else to step up. We are a team not reliant on just one player, as we have already shown with the loss of Toney.
Yes but you can only withstand losing a certain number of your best players before the cracks start to appear. A real test is ahead now but we are in good hands no question.
 

Rico Henry

Have we had any official word yet? Until such time, I will keep hoping for the best. Either way, wishing Rico a speedy recovery...
The official position is in the thread title. It hasn’t been officially announced yet though.
 

Rico Henry

With respect to Mr Smith anyone could have written that.
Agree rubbish tweet. ‘Suspected’ so he didn’t definitely confirmed it and he didn’t mentioned the results of the scan. Just it was yesterday as we all knew.
 

Rico Henry

would we be able to get some one out of contract as short term cover ? I know the answers going to be we have cover in Aaron
Only someone who is out of contract and by and large good players would have a team at this point in a season. Hickey to start in his place with Ajer/Roeslev to take over at Right Back/RWB against teams looking to play in two blocks of 4 and defend might see KLP given a chance at LWB
 

Rico Henry

I get the feeling Bryan has been a bit naughty on the old socials with his get well soon message. Club obviously wanted to keep Everton guessing
 

Rico Henry

I get the feeling Bryan has been a bit naughty on the old socials with his get well soon message. Club obviously wanted to keep Everton guessing
A bit clever is our Bryan.......
Double bluff.............??.........
Rico runs out before the Gtech faithful on Saturday.....
Another TF masterstroke..........
??

And then I woke up....?
 

Rico Henry

It's official, out for the season: Henry suffers knee injury ?

“Rico will require surgery in the next week or so and, unfortunately, a prolonged period of recovery,” said head of medical Neil Greig.

“Whilst this is disappointing, Rico has been through a similar experience in the past and is already focussed on using this as an opportunity to become fitter and stronger than before. We will support him fully throughout this process.”
 

Rico Henry

We have a squad full of good premiership player's but Toney and Henry are a cut above, without them, I think we'll struggle to finish as high as the last two seasons.
 

Rico Henry

Get rid of that blue kit it's cursed. Never won in it and now this.
*castle badge is cursed. Toney missed his penalty (and we lost to Newcastle) with Raya wearing the GK kit that had the castle too.
 

Rico Henry

On my last post I was commended for being confidence after Newcastle game. But even the most optimistic would be lying if they said this wasn't a potentially defying aspect of our season.

It's not only the quality he brings, it's how certain aspects of our play are designed solely around him. Most obvious one - corners. That'll require a new plan.

You have to feel for those in charge that run the club so brilliantly, a very tough period what with Ivan, David and now this.

Of course, we do have Roerslev and Ajer can play RB when Hickey will now need to move across. But still, after watching Everton vs Arsenal, I just hope this doesn't undermine our plans against a side we really should and deserve to be.
 

Rico Henry

I get the feeling Bryan has been a bit naughty on the old socials with his get well soon message. Club obviously wanted to keep Everton guessing
So they publish an update on the official website ?‍♂️ . Not really keeping them guessing is it?

I think the only thing Everton are going to decide is shall we play nine at the back or ten?
 

Rico Henry

Such bad luck for Rico and Brentford. It looks like it's going to be one of those seasons. I was really optimistic to start with but now I can see Manchester City winning this.
That’s a very bold prediction ?
 

Rico Henry

So sorry for Rico. Like Bryan says, I’m sure he’ll come back even better and stronger. What a player he’s gonna be then.
A real test now for Thomas and the squad now. We need new leaders to emerge and everyone needs to step up. Replacing Ivan, Pontus, David and now Rico is a big ask and we need to really support the team through this.
COYB.
 

Rico Henry

I get the feeling Bryan has been a bit naughty on the old socials with his get well soon message. Club obviously wanted to keep Everton guessing
I think Everton would have noticed the GPG Twitter yesterday
 

Rico Henry

No doubting the loss of Rico is a big blow to both club and player. With four first team players unavailable, its going to be quite a test for those selected.
 

Rico Henry

So sorry for Rico. Like Bryan says, I’m sure he’ll come back even better and stronger. What a player he’s gonna be then.
A real test now for Thomas and the squad now. We need new leaders to emerge and everyone needs to step up. Replacing Ivan, Pontus, David and now Rico is a big ask and we need to really support the team through this.
COYB.
Feel we have replaced Pontus with Nathan, but know what you mean, in Thomas we trust, UP THE BEES.
 

Rico Henry

On the pitch, yes. But I suspect Pontus’ departure has left a big gap in the off-field role.
Possibly why Zanka got another season, he does seem to be respected by everyone, plus he’s a minder! Collins does seem another level to Pontus with a level to go at 22.
 
Back
Top Bottom