Rico Henry

Rico Henry

Got to deal with the cards handed to you...pretty gutted and there will be a LOT of aspects of our performances that we will have to adjust accordingly. Hickey and Roerslev it is, with Ajer and Ghoddos as understudies. Hopefully it doesn't come to that very often...
 

Rico Henry

I’d say Hickey was always the long-term replacement for Rico.
Nothing I’ve seen so far has lead me to think he’s at the same level or prem level (see his error on Saturday) hope I’m wrong obviously
 

Rico Henry

would we be able to get some one out of contract as short term cover ? I know the answers going to be we have cover in Aaron
 

Rico Henry

Nothing I’ve seen so far has lead me to think he’s at the same level or prem level (see his error on Saturday) hope I’m wrong obviously
He wasn’t too shabby against England, though, and his international record, at just 21, is reasonable, which leads me to think a couple of games for us on the left and he’ll be fine… apart from his aggression.
 

Rico Henry

He wasn’t too shabby against England, though, and his international record, at just 21, is reasonable, which leads me to think a couple of games for us on the left and he’ll be fine… apart from his aggression.
He was good against England however imo he’s still too slow and can’t read the game half as well as Rico
 

Rico Henry

So you signed up just to post that?
I see you are from Australia. And so is that PhysioScout fella. What a coincidence!
Instead of coming here to pat yourself on the back, how about showing a little sympathy for our player?
Then please fxxk off and don’t come back.
Beat me to it!
 

Rico Henry

Nothing I’ve seen so far has lead me to think he’s at the same level or prem level (see his error on Saturday) hope I’m wrong obviously
Do you? Really? Have you got anything positive to say?

You’re fully entitled to your opinions I just don’t think many experienced Bees watchers share many of them.
 

Rico Henry

This will affect how we play but I'm not having us just struggling to stay up now. We will likely finish on fewer points but remember that there is some absolute dross in this league. We'll find someone else to stay back for corners, we'll get width from elsewhere. Frank is smart enough to adapt us around this.
 

Rico Henry

Got to deal with the cards handed to you...pretty gutted and there will be a LOT of aspects of our performances that we will have to adjust accordingly. Hickey and Roerslev it is, with Ajer and Ghoddos as understudies. Hopefully it doesn't come to that very often...
Looking on the positive side (not very popular, I know), it will be an opportunity to modify our style of play – or add a layer.

Hickey will be a more conventional left back, once he’s adjusted to that side, so we won’t be able to use him bombing forward to play as a left winger, but that also means Jensen won’t need to drop to the LB slot and Schade will have a free run at being the fast player on the left – developing a good understanding between the three, plus Collins’ cross-field switches, should give some excitement.

I’ve always thought that Roerslev works well with Mbeumo, as Mads is inclined to overlap to let Bryan cut inside and provide an outlet, occupying a defender. We just need to get Damsgaard up-and-running again, too, for the right hand side triangles. Hopefully, we’ll get more width as a result.
 

Rico Henry

Sounds horrible to say in the immediate aftermath but we have just got to think about the season moving forward without him now.

We’ve got a great squad with a lot of players in it. He’s just one of them. Important as he is, we can and will succeed without him.
 

Rico Henry

Looking on the positive side (not very popular, I know), it will be an opportunity to modify our style of play – or add a layer.

Hickey will be a more conventional left back, once he’s adjusted to that side, so we won’t be able to use him bombing forward to play as a left winger, but that also means Jensen won’t need to drop to the LB slot and Schade will have a free run at being the fast player on the left – developing a good understanding between the three, plus Collins’ cross-field switches, should give some excitement.

I’ve always thought that Roerslev works well with Mbeumo, as Mads is inclined to overlap to let Bryan cut inside and provide an outlet, occupying a defender. We just need to get Damsgaard up-and-running again, too, for the right hand side triangles. Hopefully, we’ll get more width as a result.
Very positive thinking!
 

Rico Henry

Hickey to left back and mads or Ajer to RB.devastating blow for Rico and for us.
 

Rico Henry

Sounds horrible to say in the immediate aftermath but we have just got to think about the season moving forward without him now.

We’ve got a great squad with a lot of players in it. He’s just one of them. Important as he is, we can and will succeed without him.
Positive post, however, we have lost three players who can/have been replaced, but all three gave the team an extra something special, and it is that which is difficult to replace. It will be interesting to see what happens from here to January every difficulty brings opportunity.
 

Rico Henry

Very positive thinking!
I think teams can get stale when they have default players and a change brings new opportunities. No more lump it to Ivan or Rico will run with it puts more responsibility on the other players to be more creative.
 

Rico Henry

Only if they are under 21 I believe as we have a 25 man sqaud
No. Has to be a player registered with the club at squad submission time . So we registered just about all B team squad. We do have a very green left back in the B team who I really would not want to start PL.
 

Rico Henry

Positive post, however, we have lost three players who can/have been replaced, but all three gave the team an extra something special, and it is that which is difficult to replace. It will be interesting to see what happens from here to January every difficulty brings opportunity.
Never nice, but our squad is robust and can absorb injuries to three players.

Between first team and B team we have 50+ pro players. We are doing something wrong if we can’t find a way to cover an injury at left back.
 

Rico Henry

Awful news and I hope for a speedy and full recovery for Rico.

I trust in TF to find an innovative solution using what we have rather than just limping along to January for a reinforcement. Funnily a lot of the R5 discussion over the weekend was about how maybe 442 may have a comeback among elite clubs. Rather than patch up to play 433 without either Mads or Aaron being Rico level as the attacking FB might we see a more purely defensive back 4 and an extra attacking midfielder behind a front two playing closer together? Or replace our current back 5 approach with having the LCB and RCB being more attacking and overlapping with the FBs who can drop back? Eg Pinnock and Ajer with Collins the centre CB playing a quarterback role just behind Norgaard and the other three midfielders being more attacking.
 

Rico Henry

Do you? Really? Have you got anything positive to say?

You’re fully entitled to your opinions I just don’t think many experienced Bees watchers share many of them.
I have many positive things to say about how the club has been transformed under MB but I can’t sit here and say positive things when I don’t believe them either People are more than entitled to disagree of course now admittedly I’m a very cynical miserable person in general
 

Rico Henry

Nothing I’ve seen so far has lead me to think he’s at the same level or prem level (see his error on Saturday) hope I’m wrong obviously
Did OK in a very recent international against the side ranked 5th in the world.
 

Rico Henry

Gutted for Rico, a crucial player for us... our talisman... and right now it's hard to contemplate an extended spell without him.

That said, some of the bedwetting already on this thread is already ridiculous.

Every injury is also an opportunity. More importantly, it's a tactical challenge for Thomas to solve, which he will do. We will adapt.
 

Rico Henry

Never nice, but our squad is robust and can absorb injuries to three players.

Between first team and B team we have 50+ pro players. We are doing something wrong if we can’t find a way to cover an injury at left back.
Absolutely agree, I am more worried about cover in midfield if anything happens to the three starters. The biggest worry is the impact the injury could have on Rico's career.
 

Rico Henry

I’m not sure how much credence you should put into the world rankings. But yes he played a decent game to an extent
Forget the rankings then, as I would put that England attack higher than 5th personally. Possibly first.
 

Rico Henry

Janelt has played LB before, appreciate we are also very short in the cm position.
 

Rico Henry

He was good against England however imo he’s still too slow and can’t read the game half as well as Rico

You're being quite unfair on a very talented player.

How many players at his age are comfortable on either side?

Rico is a class player but also gets caught out, his pace gets him out of trouble.
 

Rico Henry

Absolutely devastated for Rico. I and all wish him a full recovery. It is now an opportunity for somebody to step up to play in that left back/left wing half role. I am sure that Thomas and team are already working on a solution, on the training pitches. Let us see what Saturday brings.
 

Rico Henry

There likely will be one, probably just have to write it up first.
 

Rico Henry

Looking on the positive side (not very popular, I know), it will be an opportunity to modify our style of play – or add a layer.

Hickey will be a more conventional left back, once he’s adjusted to that side, so we won’t be able to use him bombing forward to play as a left winger, but that also means Jensen won’t need to drop to the LB slot and Schade will have a free run at being the fast player on the left – developing a good understanding between the three, plus Collins’ cross-field switches, should give some excitement.

I’ve always thought that Roerslev works well with Mbeumo, as Mads is inclined to overlap to let Bryan cut inside and provide an outlet, occupying a defender. We just need to get Damsgaard up-and-running again, too, for the right hand side triangles. Hopefully, we’ll get more width as a result.

Thanks Thomas.
 

Rico Henry

Gutted for Rico. Not only one of the best left backs in the PL but one of our most consistent performers over a number of years who may have had a shot at the Euros next summer.

It’s a massive blow but we can cope. TF and the coaching staff have shown time and time again that they’re up to the challenge of changing and adapting.
 
Back
Top Bottom