Rico Henry

Rico Henry

Was that not the change you'd made to the Injury Tracker spreadsheet that you were trying to alert everyone too the other day then??!!
I suspect the tracker will be updated on a game by game basis for Rico until TF says he is part of the squad....
 

Rico Henry

I'm always prepared to be astonished but fit Wednesday? Hmmmm.
 

Rico Henry

Not to worry, Rico will back before Christmas. I believe there are 4-5 Brentford players out in Dubai linking up with a specialist sport physiotherapist.
There’s better qualified in the U.K. Sounds like a sop to Rico to get a warm break after f***ing up his rehab.
 

Rico Henry

Was our defensive performance mentioned at the fans forum?

I hope people are not expecting Rico to work miracles when he returns.

Would love to see him back, but the whole defence will need to shape up. It is not all down to our missing left back.

No. I don't know the answers to this problem either.
 

Rico Henry

Don't see why. Play Rico and KLP on their natural sides and Sepp can challenge for the CB positions, where he is best suited. I think Hickey may have a much harder job to get back in the team when fit.
I didnt think of that. I like it.
 

Rico Henry

Wirh long term absence It's easy to forget just how good Rico is. He hoovers up everything and makes those around him look so much better. I can't wait for home to get back assuming he remains the player he was before injury.
 

Rico Henry

Wirh long term absence It's easy to forget just how good Rico is. He hoovers up everything and makes those around him look so much better. I can't wait for home to get back assuming he remains the player he was before injury.
Yes, let's hope he is at the same level as we're used to, no guarantee of it and he'll need time to get up to speed, but TF won't play him until he's sure he can do a job.
 

Rico Henry

The main think about Rico is how many counter attacks he stopped, he really lets us throw everyone forwards.
 

Rico Henry

No new updates and anyone who gives a date is just guessing. He's had set back after set back and I dont think he's even training on the grass at the moment.
He’s certainly been 'training on the grass’ and it was also noted that he was ‘training with the first team’ and ‘got minutes in a friendly’ … but those statements have not progressed further. My take is that the ‘he’ll be ready when he’s ready’ means the medical team are being ultra-cautious to be as sure as possible that he’s not going to break down again.

Even when he’s in the frame for first team selection, it’s going to take a month to be Premier League match fit enough for 98 minutes of the old Rico. Meanwhile Lewis-Potter has made the position his own.
 

Rico Henry

KLP playing well so Rico can take his time. Won’t walk back in to 90mins of prem action anyway.
 

Rico Henry

Plymouth would be an ideal game to bring him back, and play a part, if he hasn't already by then.
 

Rico Henry

Blimey Plymouth??? Id hope to see him before them...
 

Rico Henry

Blimey Plymouth??? Id hope to see him before them...
Expectations set to will be fantastic to just see him again this season. Any earlier a bonus.
 

Rico Henry

Part of me is starting to fear if Henry will ever be back to his same old self with an injury being so long?
Rico did his right knee back in 2017 and was out for over a year. This time it’s his left knee, but I think, time-wise, it’s about the same. We will have to wait and see how he gets on, but I’m thinking we might even see him on the bench for the Chelsea game. Personally, I don’t want to see him play against Newcastle in the cup game as that was where he got injured and I don’t want history repeating itself. However, if he’s featuring in the games after Christmas against Brighton and Arsenal then I’ll be well-pleased.
 

Rico Henry

Rico did his right knee back in 2017 and was out for over a year. This time it’s his left knee, but I think, time-wise, it’s about the same. We will have to wait and see how he gets on, but I’m thinking we might even see him on the bench for the Chelsea game. Personally, I don’t want to see him play against Newcastle in the cup game as that was where he got injured and I don’t want history repeating itself. However, if he’s featuring in the games after Christmas against Brighton and Arsenal then I’ll be well-pleased.
Hasn’t he done his hamstring now on top of the knee injury and is out till at least the New Year?
 

Rico Henry

News from TF is that a replacement wing back is not essential in Jan. We have a number of people who can fill that role already in the team. Problem is that our main wing back replacement Ajer, is constantly injured. That leaves KLP and SVB to continue playing out of position. Means as things stand we will most likely wing it for another season.
Totally disagree, you can get away with no Full Backs at home, but it cost us when we are on our travels.
 

Rico Henry

We are shipping goals at the back so there is work to be done defensively. If we can secure more clean sheets, especially away, then Europe beckons Rico will be integral to this if he can get fit.
 

Rico Henry

Totally disagree, you can get away with no Full Backs at home, but it cost us when we are on our travels.
Yep but that doesnt change the fact that TF and PG believe we have the players to fill those roles in the squad already.
 

Rico Henry

The way KLP is playing he may struggle to get back in.
O dear. We really do need to keep things in perspective. Do you really think our main issue is in attack? because thats what KLP offers mostly. How long can we realistically rely on outscoring teams to win games? While our near-perfect home win record is commendable, I’m increasingly concerned about the number of goals we've conceded at the Gtech.

Our defensive vulnerabilities are even more apparent away from home. With just one point on the road so far this season and almost half the campaign gone, we’re joint-bottom in terms of away form. This is a worrying trend, especially when facing top-half teams, where outscoring them becomes far less feasible.

It’s great to see KLP performing well in our home games, particularly in attack where we expect to be more aggressive. However, my main concern remains our defensive fragility, both at home and, more critically, away. As we approach the business end of the season, tightening up at the back is imperative.

If Rico Henry is fit, he should undoubtedly be our first-choice left-back, the same with Aaron Hickey when he is back he should be our first-choice Right Back. That’s not to take anything away from KLP, but as a natural winger, he’s more suited to playing further up the field, this is where his strenght lies.

Strengthening the defense has to be a priority moving forward.
 

Rico Henry

Hasn’t he done his hamstring now on top of the knee injury and is out till at least the New Year?
Not good maybe best to bring in a loan player for left back I no mr Giles said he would prefer to utilise squad to vet for a few months but looking like being a while yet.
 

Rico Henry

O dear. We really do need to keep things in perspective. Do you really think our main issue is in attack? because thats what KLP offers mostly. How long can we realistically rely on outscoring teams to win games? While our near-perfect home win record is commendable, I’m increasingly concerned about the number of goals we've conceded at the Gtech.

Our defensive vulnerabilities are even more apparent away from home. With just one point on the road so far this season and almost half the campaign gone, we’re joint-bottom in terms of away form. This is a worrying trend, especially when facing top-half teams, where outscoring them becomes far less feasible.

It’s great to see KLP performing well in our home games, particularly in attack where we expect to be more aggressive. However, my main concern remains our defensive fragility, both at home and, more critically, away. As we approach the business end of the season, tightening up at the back is imperative.

If Rico Henry is fit, he should undoubtedly be our first-choice left-back, the same with Aaron Hickey when he is back he should be our first-choice Right Back. That’s not to take anything away from KLP, but as a natural winger, he’s more suited to playing further up the field, this is where his strenght lies.

Strengthening the defense has to be a priority moving forward.
Chill Winstooooon
 
Back
Top Bottom