Rico Henry

Rico Henry

Rico's injury probably resulted from our over-dependence on him, in my view. He was beginning to look a bit slower. Other players can compensate going forward and between the midfield and the younger LBs, can keep it fairly solid. It would be a bonus to get him back before April's end.
He was starting to get beaten for pace a few times a game for a few games.
 

Rico Henry

Kadeem Harris must be one such troublesome winger. Mads Bech did ok there. One area that must be of more concern is the attacking threat offered by Rico whilst still able to put the burners on to defend. The offensive threat offered by Mads Bech will largely be in the form of his colossal throw in, occasional sweeping passes and his aerial presence in our opponents box. Not a hopeless trade by any means.
It's a good point about the MBS long throw. I thought on Saturday that we were less under pressure defensively now that our full back comes forward to take the throws instead of one of our two CB's. It definitely helps the balance of the team somewhat IMO.
 

Rico Henry

With Norgaard back in the frame we now have the option of playing Janelt in this position. Interesting to see what Thomas will do for Wednesday.
 

Rico Henry

It's amazing how some feel to dig out all his weakness's now he is injured, just to make themselves feel better going forward especially now we have to play without him. I do feel most members on here know Rico is a great loss to the squad so I suggest we just leave it as that. I do believe MBS will do a good job at LB especially with high balls coming at the back post also like someone mentioned on here, will bring a different dimension to the squad, I do however have two concerns one, with fast and trickier wingers he will come against during the back end of the season, hopefully most of the best wingers 'games' have passed. The other is the lack of support he provides to the winger which was noticeable during the Stoke game, the distance between him and BM offensively put BM out of the game totally first half. That gap or support might need to come from a midfield player leaving us short in the middle when facing against a five midfield opposition. I was not lucky enough to watch the 2nd half of the Stoke game so not sure how this was achieved except the obvious substitution's we made, so if there is anyone who can enlighten me I would be greatfull.
 

Rico Henry

It's amazing how some feel to dig out all his weakness's now he is injured, just to make themselves feel better going forward especially now we have to play without him. I do feel most members on here know Rico is a great loss to the squad so I suggest we just leave it as that. I do believe MBS will do a good job at LB especially with high balls coming at the back post also like someone mentioned on here, will bring a different dimension to the squad, I do however have two concerns one, with fast and trickier wingers he will come against during the back end of the season, hopefully most of the best wingers 'games' have passed. The other is the lack of support he provides to the winger which was noticeable during the Stoke game, the distance between him and BM offensively put BM out of the game totally first half. That gap or support might need to come from a midfield player leaving us short in the middle when facing against a five midfield opposition. I was not lucky enough to watch the 2nd half of the Stoke game so not sure how this was achieved except the obvious substitution's we made, so if there is anyone who can enlighten me I would be greatfull.

I think we just stepped up a gear or two, which considering we were in reverse in the first half was enough. We were also helped that they tired, and the changes they made at half time didn't work, though one was enforced as their LWB was one misplaced glance away from a second yellow after a late challenge where he should have gone, and Thompson was on a yellow too. But credit to the guys they delivered when it was really needed!

I'm not so worried about MBS defending as I am about losing the threat of Rico going forward. Though I hope they don't expect anyone else to be able to cover the halfway line on their own when we have corners the way that Rico can!!!
 

Rico Henry

I think we just stepped up a gear or two, which considering we were in reverse in the first half was enough. We were also helped that they tired, and the changes they made at half time didn't work, though one was enforced as their LWB was one misplaced glance away from a second yellow after a late challenge where he should have gone, and Thompson was on a yellow too. But credit to the guys they delivered when it was really needed!

I'm not so worried about MBS defending as I am about losing the threat of Rico going forward. Though I hope they don't expect anyone else to be able to cover the halfway line on their own when we have corners the way that Rico can!!!
Thanks for the update. I suppose the real test will be on Wednesday against Norwich.
 

Rico Henry

I am amazed that a club with our aspirations havent got a Championship standard back up left back ,or one in the B team that's close to breaking through .I know Geezer Face was sent out on loan but most thought he wasnt good enough anyway
 

Rico Henry

I am amazed that a club with our aspirations havent got a Championship standard back up left back ,or one in the B team that's close to breaking through .I know Geezer Face was sent out on loan but most thought he wasnt good enough anyway
Any idea how he's doing at Swinedon? Apart from that dreadful sub appearance v Blackburn, which I thought was down to poor management, I thought he'd done OK when played.
 

Rico Henry

Any idea how he's doing at Swinedon? Apart from that dreadful sub appearance v Blackburn, which I thought was down to poor management, I thought he'd done OK when played.

Just tried to find something on one of their forums , found this in a news report

Thompson is using his time with the Robins to get some Football League experience under his belt. He linked up with the League One side in early January and will be enjoying getting regular game time, despite an inconsistent run of form.
 

Rico Henry

When’s he back anyway? Has anyone heard an update?
 

Rico Henry

When’s he back anyway? Has anyone heard an update?
Pontus mentions JDS and Rico in his interview on the club site today, its worth a listen. He doesn’t say when but as he’s mentioned both we can only hope it’s in the near future.
 

Rico Henry

Pontus mentions JDS and Rico in his interview on the club site today, its worth a listen. He doesn’t say when but as he’s mentioned both we can only hope it’s in the near future.

Whats does he say ? Is JDS injured or knackered ? I thought he was a week or so away with Rico end April/May ?
 

Rico Henry

Whats does he say ? Is JDS injured or knackered ? I thought he was a week or so away with Rico end April/May ?
The interview is on the official site and on YouTube. Best listen to what he says, I don’t want to misquote him. But it all sounds very promising, hopefully I’m not being too optimistic.
 

Rico Henry

I was trying to find consolation after yesterday that Rico and JDS would be back after the International break .It appears Josh wont be straight away, and Ive not seen any thing about Rico that he's back in training ?
 

Rico Henry

I was trying to find consolation after yesterday that Rico and JDS would be back after the International break .It appears Josh wont be straight away, and Ive not seen any thing about Rico that he's back in training ?
I don’t think Rico was ever going to be back after the international break. I think it was more likely the last couple of games and/or the play offs...
 

Rico Henry

As long as he’s back for the play offs, that’s all that matters. Knowing Frank and his stubbornness though, he’ll probably still persist with MBS.
 

Rico Henry

As long as he’s back for the play offs, that’s all that matters. Knowing Frank and his stubbornness though, he’ll probably still persist with MBS.
Well MBS has been really poor after all? Not sure what you expect but he has done OK imo. Never going to be a Rico but who would be. Think you need to cut him some slack.
 

Rico Henry

Well MBS has been really poor after all? Not sure what you expect but he has done OK imo. Never going to be a Rico but who would be. Think you need to cut him some slack.

I have been pleasantly surprised by MBS. I had previously felt he was the stereotypical 'big unit' but with the turning circle of an oil tanker. But ... while he's not a greyhound, he gets forward quickly enough and passes pretty accurately and as I had said elsewhere, his crossing is definitely better than average. I would be happy to have RH back, but I'm not sure LB is where our problems lie at the moment.
 

Rico Henry

That's very good news.

Ease him back in, hammy injury returns need to be treated with caution
 

Rico Henry

Dont come back too early....not sure if CN..and PJ..are really up to speed yet.....You Reds...
 

Rico Henry

Dont come back too early....not sure if CN..and PJ..are really up to speed yet.....You Reds...

CN has been very good hasn't he ?
 

Rico Henry

Dont come back too early....not sure if CN..and PJ..are really up to speed yet.....You Reds...

Agree re Pontus

On the Offical site theres photos of today’s training at Jersey Rd it’s good to see Rico out running
 
Last edited:

Rico Henry

Have the B team got a match this window? Him and Bidstrup could do with some minutes
 

Rico Henry

As long as he’s back for the play offs, that’s all that matters. Knowing Frank and his stubbornness though, he’ll probably still persist with MBS.

oh dear , jesus wept :LOL:
 

Rico Henry

As long as he’s back for the play offs, that’s all that matters. Knowing Frank and his stubbornness though, he’ll probably still persist with MBS.
Let it go. Whatever it is, let it go. You'll feel better for it.
 

Rico Henry

Wouldn't be a surprise as he's coming into the last 2 years of his contract this summer
 

Rico Henry

Maybe the injury will have lowered him in the "left back linked with PL club" stakes.
 

Rico Henry

Maybe the injury will have lowered him in the "left back linked with PL club" stakes.
Cannot see it myself, Rico is a quality player that many PL teams will be well aware. Unfortunately he will probably be one of 4 or 5 of our key players who will be moving on if we don't go up, imo.
 

Rico Henry

Deserves his shot at the Premier League, hopefully with us but could completely understand him leaving in the summer if we dont go up.
 

Rico Henry

Premier league player no doubt about it.
 

Rico Henry

Cannot see it myself, Rico is a quality player that many PL teams will be well aware. Unfortunately he will probably be one of 4 or 5 of our key players who will be moving on if we don't go up, imo.
You're right Rico and quite likely Toney, JDS, Norgaard and even Ethan will be on the radar of quite a few clubs.
 
Back
Top Bottom