Rico Henry

Rico Henry

You're right Rico and quite likely Toney, JDS, Norgaard and even Ethan will be on the radar of quite a few clubs.

I think Rico, maybe Toney, Can’t see any others leaving, that are under contract. I don’t think they’ve shown enough, especially with injuries.
 

Rico Henry

Good luck to him if we don’t go up.Doubt if we will see him play again if these rumours are true expect his agent will be in his ear even if he’s fit.
 

Rico Henry

100% will be snatched up by a PL club if we don't make it. Had plenty of good media coverage by pundits this year and pretty obvious our attacking play has been affected badly by him missing. I hope his agent is clever and ensures gets the right move. Bags of potential if he can add a end product to his game.
 

Rico Henry

I can see someone making a move for Sam McCallum, Coventry City LB and only 20. Great development potential if a PL club wanted a back-up.
 

Rico Henry

I'm amazed we've held onto him this long, obviously been slowed considerably by injuries. But still young and English which will make him a hot ticket. Also he must be one of our longest serving first team players?

Just like with Toney, failure to go up this season will mean he is all but gone.. and rightly so, he deserves a shot in the big league.
 

Rico Henry

I wont be too sad when/if he goes.

I like him as a player, but his final ball and contribution in the final third, to me, hasnt been good enough or improved enough for a wing back - especially considering how many goals we score.

He averages an assist every 15 games or so, to put that into perspective, Henrik averages about the same, and Pinnock averages an assist every 12 games :D
 

Rico Henry

We knew he would leave if we don't go up. Who cares, worry about that when/if the time comes. We still have every chance of winning promotion.
 

Rico Henry

We knew he would leave if we don't go up. Who cares, worry about that when/if the time comes. We still have every chance of winning promotion.
The thing about football is someone else will come along.We have the set up at this club to identify early. Regardless of Brexit we will still find the tallent somewhere else. I have to say that this does us no favours as just when we seem to have got there the team disbands.
 

Rico Henry

I wont be too sad when/if he goes.

I like him as a player, but his final ball and contribution in the final third, to me, hasnt been good enough or improved enough for a wing back - especially considering how many goals we score.

He averages an assist every 15 games or so, to put that into perspective, Henrik averages about the same, and Pinnock averages an assist every 12 games :D
A realistic observation. Bees fans may think he's the bees knees but a modern PL full back is often measured more on his attacking contribution and just expected to defend well. If you look at the WhoScored player ratings for Championship left backs, he's number 6 for players who've played more than 23 games this season. If you cut it to players under 24 he's second, though, behind Richards, who has apparently signed for Bayern Munich.
 

Rico Henry

I can see someone making a move for Sam McCallum, Coventry City LB and only 20. Great development potential if a PL club wanted a back-up.

Quality player, that unfortunately belongs to Norwich City.
 

Rico Henry

hmmm that’s a blow but not entirely unexpected.

Hopefully he’ll play for us in playoffs. If he doesn’t there’s the possibility he won’t play for us again if we don’t win them
 

Rico Henry

Controversial maybe but I don’t think we’re missing henry anywhere near as much as people make out. Sorenson is progressing nicely at LB, looks very confident now and was getting forward a lot more. His final ball is generally very good. Only major thing lacking perhaps is the pace. Obviously Henry would be back in the side straight away if fit but I think the loss of DaSilva has had much more of an impact than Henry.
 

Rico Henry

100% will be snatched up by a PL club if we don't make it. Had plenty of good media coverage by pundits this year and pretty obvious our attacking play has been affected badly by him missing. I hope his agent is clever and ensures gets the right move. Bags of potential if he can add a end product to his game.
Your last sentence is telling if he is going to be “snatched up”
 

Rico Henry

We’re missing Rico big time.

JDS too.

That pace and attacking option RH offers is so much more than MBS.
 

Rico Henry

Anyone thinking we are not missing RH and JDS (at their best) obviously sees things very differently to me
 

Rico Henry

Has been standout for us and we have missed him big time. However re Prem interest, his final ball is consistently poor and he's small. He can't help that but it's a disadvantage as a defender.I don't expect that much competition for him. Probably end up at Villa.
 

Rico Henry

Anyone thinking we are not missing RH and JDS (at their best) obviously sees things very differently to me

At their best, but Rico prior to going out injured was far from that. It's probably a big leap to expect him to still be performing at his top level at this point if he'd stayed fit. We're obviously missing him to an extent but I don't think, for example, him playing yesterday would have made much difference to the result. I think Josh would have, although to be fair he was really struggling last few games as well so who knows. Obviously we want him back as soon as but I don't think his loss in isolation is a major factor for our stuttering form recently, indeed that form started with him in the side...
 

Rico Henry

I think Josh would have, although to be fair he was really struggling last few games as well so who knows. Obviously we want him back as soon as but I don't think his loss in isolation is a major factor for our stuttering form recently, indeed that form started with him in the side...
But quite possibly because he wasn’t 100% fit?
 

Rico Henry

Controversial maybe but I don’t think we’re missing henry anywhere near as much as people make out. Sorenson is progressing nicely at LB, looks very confident now and was getting forward a lot more. His final ball is generally very good. Only major thing lacking perhaps is the pace. Obviously Henry would be back in the side straight away if fit but I think the loss of DaSilva has had much more of an impact than Henry.

Sir; you normally talk/post with a bit of sense and knowledge about our Bees so 7 times out of 10 I do normally agree with what you say, but now, I have to say your stock has just bottomed out.
 

Rico Henry

I get the point that MrC is trying to make. What we need are ball-carriers, and Sorensen does a good job of this. He doesn’t get bullied off the ball or run into culdesacs. If only Bryan, Sergi, Emilano, Matthias would learn the same. We need assertive players like Vitali. Rico and Josh (and Henrick) are definitively that, so would be great when they are back.
 

Rico Henry

Has been standout for us and we have missed him big time. However re Prem interest, his final ball is consistently poor and he's small. He can't help that but it's a disadvantage as a defender.I don't expect that much competition for him. Probably end up at Villa.
Really Wow. Not much competition; West ham, Brighton, Villa, Watford, Man City has Looked and now Southampton. You think his size is a issue? you sound like a dinosaur. Do I need to post all the present/passed left backs who are the same size as Rico. For his final ball don't you think this can be worked on and all the clubs looking at him know this.

I know we will be losing one of our best players if we don't go up this season and maybe more players too, but be proud of our club for producing premiership players, it shows we have adequate players who can play at that level when we go up, even tough you wouldn't think of late, judging from our last performances.
 
Last edited:

Rico Henry

Rico is a machine. He gets up and down the line nonstop he has pace and some guile, defends brilliantly (or he did until he got knackered three games before his injury) and helps us make the transitions. his final ball is decent and he links up well with the wings run front of him.

Irreplaceable I am afraid.
 

Rico Henry

Really Wow. Not much competition; West ham, Brighton, Villa, Watford, Man City has Looked and now Southampton. You think his size is a issue? you sound like a dinosaur. Do I need to post all the present/passed left backs who are the same size as Rico. For his final ball don't you think this can be worked on and all the clubs looking at him know this.

I know we will be losing one of our best players if we don't go up this season and maybe more players too, but be proud of our club for producing premiership players, it shows we have adequate players who can play at that level when we go up, even tough you wouldn't think of late, judging from our last performances.
Maybe Barcelona "have looked", too? I'm not quite sure that means anything as most Premier League and top-end Championship clubs will have scouting reports on all our players. Rico is clearly head-and-shoulders, despite his size, our best left back but top-end clubs expect their full backs to have substantial attacking contributions and I don't think Rico is there yet. He's still young enough that one of those clubs may want him as an understudy in the belief they can coach that into him. We should be able to resist offers if the player himself is prepared to stay, IMHO.
 

Rico Henry

Sir; you normally talk/post with a bit of sense and knowledge about our Bees so 7 times out of 10 I do normally agree with what you say, but now, I have to say your stock has just bottomed out.

? fair enough! What I was trying to say was that it’s a bit too easy to blame our recent form on the loss of henry, there’s way more to it than that. MBS has stepped in and done very well. Yes, we’ve lost a bit of pace going forward but henry is invariably frustrating with his final ball and wasn’t in great form either prior to the injury. I think it just fits into peoples pre-conceived ideas that we’ve messed up by not bringing cover in for him.. does that make sense? There’s loads more reasons why we’ve struggled a little in recent games and I’m not convinced henry playing would have changed that much..
 

Rico Henry

? fair enough! What I was trying to say was that it’s a bit too easy to blame our recent form on the loss of henry, there’s way more to it than that.
Agreed - Josh being injured is also a contributory factor.
 

Rico Henry

Sørensen is now doing well enough to say that we don't miss Henry so much but it's the games up to now while improving that have done the damage. Dasilva is a big miss, even before his injury caused him to miss games, as we don't have another player who can break the lines carrying the ball like he can. We need that injection of unpredictability and that is also supported by Henry and Dalsgaard who can move the ball forward quicker.
 

Rico Henry

Really Wow. Not much competition; West ham, Brighton, Villa, Watford, Man City has Looked and now Southampton. You think his size is a issue? you sound like a dinosaur. Do I need to post all the present/passed left backs who are the same size as Rico. For his final ball don't you think this can be worked on and all the clubs looking at him know this.

I know we will be losing one of our best players if we don't go up this season and maybe more players too, but be proud of our club for producing premiership players, it shows we have adequate players who can play at that level when we go up, even tough you wouldn't think of late, judging from our last performances.
Are you his agent? I'd rather have a teller defender than a smaller one other things being equal. If he still cant get in a decent cross with his left foot then there's an issue. I see the list of clubs you say are interested. Real interest comes when a club puts the cash on the table. The rest is agent talk.
His injury record isn't good so given all these facts I suspect he will end up with Dean Smith simply because Villa like our players and Dean Smith likes him.
If we do manage to get up IMO the team would need major investment to retain status..
 

Rico Henry

Are you his agent? I'd rather have a teller defender than a smaller one other things being equal. If he still cant get in a decent cross with his left foot then there's an issue. I see the list of clubs you say are interested. Real interest comes when a club puts the cash on the table. The rest is agent talk.
His injury record isn't good so given all these facts I suspect he will end up with Dean Smith simply because Villa like our players and Dean Smith likes him.
If we do manage to get up IMO the team would need major investment to retain status..
Double WOW WOW, we do have a taller defender at present and have for last 4 weeks or so in MBS playing LB, so I would like to ask; how is that going? :banghead: It is no fault of MBS I should add playing out of position, but thank god you ain't the manager. The thumping of PNE is surly evidence of your prospective of how the game should NOT be played. Nuff said really, NRN.
 

Rico Henry

Double WOW WOW, we do have a taller defender at present and have for last 4 weeks or so in MBS playing LB, so I would like to ask; how is that going? :banghead: It is no fault of MBS I should add playing out of position, but thank god you ain't the manager. The thumping of PNE is surly evidence of your prospective of how the game should NOT be played. Nuff said really, NRN.
If you care to look back l have been advocating a switch to three at the back along with a few others. Nice to see it in action with the subtle additional tweak of playing Norgaard as a centre back bringing the ball out in the old sweeper style.Well done Thomas.
You' ve completely missed the point l made about Rico's height. Other things being equal l said that l would prefer a taller defender.The reason is obvious. If you pay a lot of money you want all the boxes ticked. So if you have the option of a taller defender who has pace, gets forward , crosses well and has a good fitness record , then you take the taller one.I will be very surprised if they are kicking the door down to sign Rico. He has his drawbacks . The Prem is a totally different level.
Re Mads he doesn't get forward enough and lacks pace. However he's done well as a stop gap . I didn't say he was better than Rico.
 

Rico Henry

I think Rico, maybe Toney, Can’t see any others leaving, that are under contract. I don’t think they’ve shown enough, especially with injuries.
Rico, Pontus, Josh and Toney will be off for sure if we don’t get up this time around. Norgaard I hope not
 

Rico Henry

Rico, Pontus, Josh and Toney will be off for sure if we don’t get up this time around. Norgaard I hope not

I just personally can’t see clubs offering what we would want. I don’t think Pontus will get a move to a higher level than the Championship. His performances for Leeds would of got him that move if so. Unless he goes back to Malmo. I don’t think Josh has actually done enough consistently for someone from the prem to come in at what we value him at. Although I don’t no what we do value him at, maybe £15m? I agree Rico will be gone and Toney if the right offer comes in.
 

Rico Henry

I just personally can’t see clubs offering what we would want. I don’t think Pontus will get a move to a higher level than the Championship. His performances for Leeds would of got him that move if so. Unless he goes back to Malmo. I don’t think Josh has actually done enough consistently for someone from the prem to come in at what we value him at. Although I don’t no what we do value him at, maybe £15m? I agree Rico will be gone and Toney if the right offer comes in.
We’ll see but don’t expect Pontus to play in the Prem so likely to be a move overseas but not ITK
 

Rico Henry

Josh will be away for 20 million, Ricoh about 15? Toney for 30 would be my guess.
 

Rico Henry

Josh will be away for 20 million, Ricoh about 15? Toney for 30 would be my guess.
Pre covid l'd have agreed with that. Not sure how far the financial hit from covid will affect the amount Prem clubs will pay. We clearly need to sell to keep the model afloat but we might also need to cut costs in new ways as well. Our DOFs will need to keep up their amazing work.
 

Rico Henry

As long as he’s back for the play offs, that’s all that matters. Knowing Frank and his stubbornness though, he’ll probably still persist with MBS.


Mother of God !
 

Rico Henry

Josh will be away for 20 million, Ricoh about 15? Toney for 30 would be my guess.
Toney for 30....really. Well get 33 for Ollie in time. Toney has a contract for another 4 years. I’d be suprised if he’s sold even if we don’t go up. But if he is I’d suggest bidding starts at 35 - 40.
 

Rico Henry

Toney for 30....really. Well get 33 for Ollie in time. Toney has a contract for another 4 years. I’d be suprised if he’s sold even if we don’t go up. But if he is I’d suggest bidding starts at 35 - 40.

Really, covid will hit clubs everywhere and prices will be lower, as odd as it may sound despite Toney scoring more goals, his lack of lightening pace will go against him. The likes of Mitrovic, McBurnie and even Glen Murray were all big strikers who didn't quite light up the prem.
 

Rico Henry

Toney for 30....really. Well get 33 for Ollie in time. Toney has a contract for another 4 years. I’d be suprised if he’s sold even if we don’t go up. But if he is I’d suggest bidding starts at 35 - 40.

I think you have to accept that there’s a ceiling for championship players and Ollie probably hit it with his age and his nationality pushing it to its highest level. Ivan has scored more but is that little bit older so wouldn’t expect him to bring in more than Watkins
 

Rico Henry

If you care to look back l have been advocating a switch to three at the back along with a few others. Nice to see it in action with the subtle additional tweak of playing Norgaard as a centre back bringing the ball out in the old sweeper style.Well done Thomas.
You' ve completely missed the point l made about Rico's height. Other things being equal l said that l would prefer a taller defender.The reason is obvious. If you pay a lot of money you want all the boxes ticked. So if you have the option of a taller defender who has pace, gets forward , crosses well and has a good fitness record , then you take the taller one.I will be very surprised if they are kicking the door down to sign Rico. He has his drawbacks . The Prem is a totally different level.
Re Mads he doesn't get forward enough and lacks pace. However he's done well as a stop gap . I didn't say he was better than Rico.
Yes you certainly got the shape right but I think the 'subtle tweak' you refer to is in my opinion the game changer that made it work. I do not think it would work with any combination of Jansonn, Reid, Pinnock, Goode, MBS ? Norgaard is an exceptional player, leader and ball carrier. His immediate confidence in that position gave the whole team confidence.
 

Rico Henry

I think you have to accept that there’s a ceiling for championship players and Ollie probably hit it with his age and his nationality pushing it to its highest level. Ivan has scored more but is that little bit older so wouldn’t expect him to bring in more than Watkins
Toney is same nationality and age as Watkins apart from a few months.
 

Rico Henry

Toney for 30....really. Well get 33 for Ollie in time. Toney has a contract for another 4 years. I’d be suprised if he’s sold even if we don’t go up. But if he is I’d suggest bidding starts at 35 - 40.
I don’t know that Toney is going to go for the price that we’ll want, which could be the cause of a dilemma. When we signed him, wasn’t there a bit of a delay in signing on the dotted line? I may be wrong, and I’m sure someone can correct me, but I was under the impression that he was holding out as he wanted, ideally, to sign for a premier club, but none came along. If we ask too much, we may have an unhappy player on our hands. Just a debating point, I hope.
 
Back
Top Bottom