Tickets Southampton (A)

Southampton (A)

How does that work, I have a mate, season ticket holder, who just falls short of the 3600 taps threshold and Can't get his ticket today. Broken Brentford.
This was the email I received. Trust me I was surprised than anyone.
 

Attachments

  • 4488699C-0F1B-44C4-9F35-B35D100DFD47.jpeg
    4488699C-0F1B-44C4-9F35-B35D100DFD47.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 55

Southampton (A)

How does that work, I have a mate, season ticket holder, who just falls short of the 3600 taps threshold and Can't get his ticket today. Broken Brentford.
5% of away tickets are always available to the members who expressed an interest and have the most TAPs. Southampton give about 3300 away tickets so that’s about 165 members who are guaranteed a ticket. The 3600 TAPs threshold for STs means there’s roughly 3100 STs with more than 3600 TAPs.

So unless we change the system midseason to mean members don’t have a separate, tiny allocation of away tickets the system looks fine.
 

Southampton (A)

How many TAPs do you have out of interest? Did you register for other games and fail to get tickets via this route?
I am on the list for the first time since being successful with Palace away

Failed at West Ham and at Spurs

I have about + 1,930

@AB is correct the five percent is not 150 seats it must be about 170
 

Southampton (A)

I understand, but does seem odd that a season ticket holder 50 pts short basically gets told, 'not today sonny, you are behind a member with 1100 pts and no season ticket but has won a free raffle of a chance of ticket'.
 

Southampton (A)

Not complaining but I have not registered my interest in any away match and yet I get those same e-mails. Haven't bought any, of course.
You may be confusing these targeted to top 5 percent e mails with the e mails sent for example Leeds when they go to ALL members ??
 

Southampton (A)

I understand, but does seem odd that a season ticket holder 50 pts short basically gets told, 'not today sonny, you are behind a member with 1100 pts and no season ticket but has won a free raffle of a chance of ticket'.
It is only 5 percent of tickets going to Members

At other clubs the spilt is often 60/ 40 or even 50/50

So I think 95/5 is a fair split if you are a ST holder !!
 

Southampton (A)

It is very difficult to predict

It is sandwiched between home games with Man U and Man C

And its the Saturday before Xmas

BUT
If you wanted to choose between Southampton away and Brighton away (with all travel issues and kick off time)
I would choose Southampton every time
Based on the Members posts on here it looks like demand is going to be VERY low.....

If you are a ST holder with average size TAPS it looks like you will easily get a ticket
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Southampton (A)

I understand, but does seem odd that a season ticket holder 50 pts short basically gets told, 'not today sonny, you are behind a member with 1100 pts and no season ticket but has won a free raffle of a chance of ticket'.
Yes, I agree. I did say so too. But too difficult to administer.
 

Southampton (A)

It must be more than 170...I got a mail, so did two mates. We're all around the 950 - 1,000 mark.
 

Southampton (A)

It is only 5 percent of tickets going to Members

At other clubs the spilt is often 60/ 40 or even 50/50

So I think 95/5 is a fair split if you are a ST holder !!
There’s an argument in favour of not splitting between STs and members and just allowing everyone of either group to have a guaranteed away ticket if they exceed a particular TAPs threshold. Though given how low the member threshold is for Southampton to be in the top 150-170 that would result in a very small number of members being guaranteed a ticket and a much larger group being eligible to buy in the second window.

I’m also not sure how technically feasible it would be to combine STs and members given that for instance STs have the ticket sales button greyed out as ineligible even if they just want to buy for eligible members. So maybe the system is designed to avoid that technical problem while ensuring relatively high TAPs members don’t come behind low TAPs STs in the chance to go away. I’d guess a fairly high proportion of higher TAPs members without STs and expressing an interest in away games will be ones who previously went to quite a lot of aways and didn’t feel their likely home attendance justified a ST. That’s maybe a couple of hundred people who were more likely to have gone to Barrow or Carlisle than a midweek L1 home game and have a strong claim to not being treated as if that didn’t matter because they didn’t buy an ST. Probably a fair balance when an STH with 3550 ought not to have trouble getting a ticket in the second window.
 

Southampton (A)

Maybe they could extend the I want to go to this actual game form to the ST Holders as well ??

But the Admin of this will be far too much

I guess they manually override the system for the 150 Members so they can buy first
 

Southampton (A)

I got an email for this too. First time in top % as a member, but I don't think I picked this one having done St Mary's before and it being just before Xmas. Not complaining though
 

Southampton (A)

think something must be wrong with the members allocation I have over 3500 Taps and registered interest for all away games, no issue with any away games so far, but as yet no email from the club?
 

Southampton (A)

I got an email for this too. First time in top % as a member, but I don't think I picked this one having done St Mary's before and it being just before Xmas. Not complaining though
There's an error somewhere, my son got an email. Currently on 40 TAPs
 

Southampton (A)

Also, a 15 minute journey on the Blue Star 4 bus for me so I can have a drink before hand and be home for 5:30. Looking forward to bragging rights with my colleagues and neighbors who naturally support the Saints.
 

Southampton (A)

You may be confusing these targeted to top 5 percent e mails with the e mails sent for example Leeds when they go to ALL members ??
Not really... Today I got the e-mail for Southampton match and I also got the same e-mail for some other match which was meant for those registered their interest but I do not remember which match that was and I have deleted and removed the e-mails already.

A selection of My Bees Members: Wednesday 10 November, 2pm (guaranteed opportunity, one per person).
We’ll email My Bees Members with the highest TAPs that have registered an interest for this away game and will give them the opportunity to buy their ticket.
 

Southampton (A)

Gonna wait until Friday so can buy two tickets for me and lower-TAP pal. Think the combo of near-Christmas and recent run of form means we should be fine.
 

Southampton (A)

I am on the list for the first time since being successful with Palace away

Failed at West Ham and at Spurs

I have about + 1,930

@AB is correct the five percent is not 150 seats it must be about 170
No access for me ?
 

Southampton (A)

Gonna wait until Friday so can buy two tickets for me and lower-TAP pal. Think the combo of near-Christmas and recent run of form means we should be fine.
doubt it , this will sell out quickly i reckon
 

Southampton (A)

Why did I get an email saying I could buy tickets when I’ve only got 70 TAPS??!! So annoyed as I thought they were on sale to any member.
 

Southampton (A)

Why did I get an email saying I could buy tickets when I’ve only got 70 TAPS??!! So annoyed as I thought they were on sale to any member.
At least you knew it was a ridiculous E mail with so low TAPS

I had one with 1,900 so thought I could go....
 

Southampton (A)

ticket website is total sh*t! i am meant to be buying for @Billy Hunt and his kid and me and my kid. Billy is linked up with my F&F but appears greyed out when I try and add him. Despite clearly having enough TAPs.

I will now leave it 20 mins and try again. its b***ocks
 

Southampton (A)

There's an error somewhere, my son got an email. Currently on 40 TAPs
FWIW, the system would not have let him buy any.
And still showing as restricted on mine (1000+ TAPs)
 

Southampton (A)

Got an email saying as a member with high taps I could buy a ticket for Southampton but when trying it's say I can't because of restrictions
 

Southampton (A)

ticket website is total sh*t! i am meant to be buying for @Billy Hunt and his kid and me and my kid. Billy is linked up with my F&F but appears greyed out when I try and add him. Despite clearly having enough TAPs.

I will now leave it 20 mins and try again. its b***ocks

now it letting me add Billy but not add my son? both have enough TAPs though. This makes no sense. Is one only allowed to buy three tickets?!!?
 

Southampton (A)

Got an email saying as a member with high taps I could buy a ticket for Southampton but when trying it's say I can't because of restrictions
The E Mail went to all members by error I think
No Apology E Mail to say sorry you can't go

Nothing on Twitter to say ST Holders can buy either

The Club are hiding again ....
 

Southampton (A)

decided to `phone the club` wish me luck. hold on, the website says its closed today. am i waiting for someone who will never answer and why do they sell tickets the day they are closed lol

also it says you can hit * at any time to get a callback later, guess what ? you cant.
 

Southampton (A)

now it letting me add Billy but not add my son? both have enough TAPs though. This makes no sense. Is one only allowed to buy three tickets?!!?

this is the situation on both my ticketing account and my sons. I am sure I cannot be the only person. utter joke!!
 

Southampton (A)

For us techies it can’t be that complex a database to query and allow/deny restrictions on, on a time delayed basis.
Or can it, these things are always easier when we don’t know the detail, & we never will cos database stuff is generally boring :ROFLMAO:
 

Southampton (A)

no mate but i wouldn't leave it too long
We'll be on it like a car bonnet come Friday, my mate managed to get a Spurs ticket in the half hour they were on sale second time around, so as long as he's similarly swift, we should be (fingers crossed) fine Nick.
 

Southampton (A)

decided to `phone the club` wish me luck. hold on, the website says its closed today. am i waiting for someone who will never answer and why do they sell tickets the day they are closed lol

also it says you can hit * at any time to get a callback later, guess what ? you cant.
I'm still waiting for a callback from Monday, so wouldn't bother anyway.
I assume you're stuck in the loop of it ringing (no hold music) but noone answering and it redirecting - I had ten mins of that, after 15mins of hold music, before hanging up and calling back to request a call back
 

Southampton (A)

decided to `phone the club` wish me luck. hold on, the website says its closed today. am i waiting for someone who will never answer and why do they sell tickets the day they are closed lol

also it says you can hit * at any time to get a callback later, guess what ? you cant.

Fair play. I was on hold for 15 minutes then a guy answered and was able to sell me all four tickets I was eligible for over the phone. COYR!

FOY ticket site!
 

Southampton (A)

Just received an email from the club to say the email they sent earlier to me was a mistake. Oh well ….
 

Attachments

  • 4B93E46E-4101-47EA-A7D9-38AFED7BFF1D.jpeg
    4B93E46E-4101-47EA-A7D9-38AFED7BFF1D.jpeg
    685.4 KB · Views: 37

Southampton (A)

6 tickets bought, no problem with the site whatsoever.
 

Southampton (A)

Southampton ticket sourced.
Member (not ST holder) who expressed desire to go too ALL PL away games, with 3767 TAPS currently, got email (15 minutes prior to 2pm) and ordered.
Nothing of note to see here, by way of cock up :-)
 

Southampton (A)

Worked for me, 2 on board Shirley (a lift down from parking outside a friend’s house in Shirley, that is).
 
Back
Top Bottom