Tickets Southampton (A)

Southampton (A)

How difficult is it to work out how many TAPS points members need to be entitled to a ticket? Systems that fail this often are fundamentally flawed! :( It is the effing hope that kills you!
 

Southampton (A)

Southampton (A)

How difficult is it to work out how many TAPS points members need to be entitled to a ticket? Systems that fail this often are fundamentally flawed! :( It is the effing hope that kills you!

I'm assuming the email got sent to the wrong distribution list.
 

Southampton (A)

How difficult is it to work out how many TAPS points members need to be entitled to a ticket? Systems that fail this often are fundamentally flawed! :( It is the effing hope that kills you!
This actually wasn't a ticketing problem, more a process issue. Someone should've checked that sending 12,000 emails rather than 300 is incorrect before pressing the fire button.
 

Southampton (A)

Funnily enough, I was eligible for the ticket, and had registered my interest. Then I get an e-mail from the Ticket Office saying the earlier email was an error and I am not eligible...but logged in and I can buy one. So they sent the apology email even to those who are still eligible ?

And I send e-mails like that several times a week for work, and I always check the audience several times and the size of it before sending. A bit of a whoopsie there!
 

Southampton (A)

This actually wasn't a ticketing problem, more a process issue. Someone should've checked that sending 12,000 emails rather than 300 is incorrect before pressing the fire button.

I was being broad in my definition of 'systems' - I mean the recurring fiascos on the non-playing side of the club.
 

Southampton (A)

decided to `phone the club` wish me luck. hold on, the website says its closed today. am i waiting for someone who will never answer and why do they sell tickets the day they are closed lol

also it says you can hit * at any time to get a callback later, guess what ? you cant.
For me, this is completely ridiculous. You cannot have the ticket office closed on the first day of match sale.

The ticket office was never closed during the week when situated at GP in my time so not sure why they’ve gone down this route. I would be interested to see what other Prem clubs do.
 

Southampton (A)

For me, this is completely ridiculous. You cannot have the ticket office closed on the first day of match sale.

The ticket office was never closed during the week when situated at GP in my time so not sure why they’ve gone down this route. I would be interested to see what other Prem clubs do.

They did start this practice at GP though, granted after your time. It was closed Monday to Wednesday IIRC.
 

Southampton (A)

For me, this is completely ridiculous. You cannot have the ticket office closed on the first day of match sale.

The ticket office was never closed during the week when situated at GP in my time so not sure why they’ve gone down this route. I would be interested to see what other Prem clubs do.
Don't think the ticket office is closed, I mailed them about the Toon tickets earlier on to say all sorted and received a reply within half hour.
 

Southampton (A)

Don't think the ticket office is closed, I mailed them about the Toon tickets earlier on to say all sorted and received a reply within half hour.
Only closed to personal visits
 

Southampton (A)

For me, this is completely ridiculous. You cannot have the ticket office closed on the first day of match sale.

The ticket office was never closed during the week when situated at GP in my time so not sure why they’ve gone down this route. I would be interested to see what other Prem clubs do.
Just the physical TO shut. Still open for phonecalls and emails
 

Southampton (A)

Cheers for the offer but if I manage to get the grandson a ticket we'll go over on ferry. Are you a s/t holder how do you get to home games?
I dont get to go to any games now, making a special effort for this one!
 

Southampton (A)

No probs with tickets for the Hants Bees Keo Crew…. My eldest lad is a high TAPs member and got one too. ??‍♂️
 

Southampton (A)

What ever happened to multi tasking?

Walk ups, online, Emails and phone calls can all be manged. Its called customer service. We supposed to be PL.
I suppose we could get Winnie back. Though I think a large proportion of our fans now we’re in the PL don’t live in walking distance to buy in person.
 

Southampton (A)

I suppose we could get Winnie back. Though I think a large proportion of our fans now we’re in the PL don’t live in walking distance to buy in person.

Given the (well known) problems with buying online, and some tickets being held back at the ticket office (club ticketing policy), I'm surprised that the club operates a limited ticket office opening hours. You don't need extra staff/resources if their multi skilled and carry out different functions.

Not every body is digital and we are also suppose to be an inclusive club.
 

Southampton (A)

Given the (well known) problems with buying online, and some tickets being held back at the ticket office (club ticketing policy), I'm surprised that the club operates a limited ticket office opening hours. You don't need extra staff/resources if their multi skilled and carry out different functions.

Not every body is digital and we are also suppose to be an inclusive club.
I think the key word is “if”…
 

Southampton (A)

Given the (well known) problems with buying online, and some tickets being held back at the ticket office (club ticketing policy), I'm surprised that the club operates a limited ticket office opening hours. You don't need extra staff/resources if their multi skilled and carry out different functions.

Not every body is digital and we are also suppose to be an inclusive club.

BFC is also a business and catering for the dwindling minority of luddites is hardly progressive.

The ticketing system is bobbins, at times, mind.
 

Southampton (A)

Tickets ordered for match and coach. Leave Brentford at 1200, seems possibly a bit tight to me. Hey ho!
 

Southampton (A)

Tickets ordered for match and coach. Leave Brentford at 1200, seems possibly a bit tight to me. Hey ho!

That really does sound tight !! I think they will move that forward
 

Southampton (A)

5 booked with ease as usual really looking forward to this one great away section at this ground
 

Southampton (A)

I thought the same when I saw the departure time for Leeds. 8.30am for a 2pm KO.

Our train doesnt get in till 1317 for this one - very very tight !!
 

Southampton (A)

Only closed to personal visits

So I could walk up to the ticket office, see it’s closed to customers, but then phone them and (if ultra-lucky) they answer the phone and I get served that way by a person probably sitting a couple of metres away from where I’m calling?

Peak Modern Brentford.
 

Southampton (A)

I changed mine to go via York with a quick Northern Train across to Leeds arriving at 12.40. 13.17 should be ok but traffic out to Elland Road is a nightmare and I thought it best to get in a bit earlier.

Yeah i hear you mate. We had no choice as it was the only trains available with the LNER family ticket. Two adults and two kids for 99 quid return !!
 

Southampton (A)

So I could walk up to the ticket office, see it’s closed to customers, but then phone them and (if ultra-lucky) they answer the phone and I get served that way by a person probably sitting a couple of metres away from where I’m calling?

Peak Modern Brentford.
No. They are sitting at home.
 

Southampton (A)

Yeah i hear you mate. We had no choice as it was the only trains available with the LNER family ticket. Two adults and two kids for 99 quid return !!

That is good value, hopefully I don't run into cancellations or delays when I get to York though.
 

Southampton (A)

So I could walk up to the ticket office, see it’s closed to customers, but then phone them and (if ultra-lucky) they answer the phone and I get served that way by a person probably sitting a couple of metres away from where I’m calling?

Peak Modern Brentford.
I had to do the same once at Kingston Station when I lost my season ticket, they wouldn't let me through the barriers until I phoned a number they gave me.

It turned out I was calling the guy in the ticket office 400 yards away.
 

Southampton (A)

So I could walk up to the ticket office, see it’s closed to customers, but then phone them and (if ultra-lucky) they answer the phone and I get served that way by a person probably sitting a couple of metres away from where I’m calling?

Peak Modern Brentford.
They will be working from home. You could call them from outside their house I suppose.
 

Southampton (A)

Turns out am flying solo for this one so ticket purchased and train tickets only a pony so very happy with that.
 

Southampton (A)

I got one of the last remaining tickets for that match amidst all the chaos.

I told the bloke selling it what a shambles it was and he screamed at me…….what’s your problem, you’ve got your fckg ticket ?.

Customer care at Brentford peaked that day.
I got 2 and there was literally 1 left.
The fella behind me got the last one and he wanted 3.I remember the queue going all the way down the Ealing Road.
 
Back
Top Bottom