Leicester Bee
Active member
That Oldham flag
oldgreenfordian said:I can't believe the naivety that some of you are displaying.
The slogans on the Oldham flag are covertly expressing racism by mischievously making irrelevant,'patriotic' statements.
If they were to show an overtly racist message,such as 'proud not be to be Asian',they would be bang to rights.Therefore,they express an apparently innocuous and positive sentiment, and challenge the rest of us to a semantic argument.
Finally,to dismiss objections to covert racism as being PC,is a corruption of that expression,and furthermore,shows that you have learned nothing from the history of the effects of racist propaganda.
I agree with you. But, we live in a country of free speech. And, you have not considered why they think the way they do. I've met enough people with patriotic views to believe this. In my opinion, you are being dismissive of those who are patriotic as covert racists. Maybe I'm wrong, but what you posted is very generalistic.




