Ticketing System Issues

Ticketing System Issues

Help required.

The Premier League have postponed the first League fixture with Arsenal, and it’s now a friendly, at least according to Brentford FC’s official website. Does anyone know when the actual League fixture is please?


D3D893E4-6CF9-42EC-9CC3-6431DE98E30A.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ticketing System Issues

Finally got through to ticket office just after 4 o'clock and got tickets sorted, should have been able to do it on friends and family, I've been walking around work with my phone on speaker phone in a walkie talkie holder for six hours, not ticket office fault as there is only a certain amount of queries they can deal with, probably around six-eight an hour per person. Phone system only has four songs on it so it seems like I've been listening to a very crap 80s radio station, never want to hear the buggles ever again.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Just went online to book more west ham tickets from my friends/family list .

Wouldn't let me on, says sold out.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Just went online to book more west ham tickets from my friends/family list .

Wouldn't let me on, says sold out.
Once you’ve bought you can no longer access it when it is restricted, your friends will have to buy their own.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Once you’ve bought you can no longer access it when it is restricted, your friends will have to buy their own.
Yeah. Which is silly. Thats the point of a friends / family list. Used to be able to do like that before.
If theres a lead person in that group who books it all up for everyone, it helps the group & helps the club.

I set our group up. Others aren't computer savvy , even if they were they cant get in to the group/list
 

Ticketing System Issues

I used to be able to buy friends and family tickets from my account so that we can sit together. Now this dog sh!t site makes me log into my sons account and have to buy his ticket separately. Guarantee Devlin and Kunt Kirk are laughing at us with the shambles they’ve left us with.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Yeah. Which is silly. Thats the point of a friends / family list. Used to be able to do like that before.
If theres a lead person in that group who books it all up for everyone, it helps the group & helps the club.

I set our group up. Others aren't computer savvy , even if they were they cant get in to the group/list
Yep. It's sh*t.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Just went online to book more west ham tickets from my friends/family list .

Wouldn't let me on, says sold out.

The online map for seats says there’s loads of seats still available :(
 

Ticketing System Issues

The online map for seats says there’s loads of seats still available :(
Well the 7 people I was asked to book up for will have to sort it out themselves now
 

Ticketing System Issues

Ticketing System Issues

Incorrect. You've never been able to do that.
I must have been absolutely spot on then every time.
No need for change.
 

Ticketing System Issues

It's neither been more difficult, nor more easy
But it has changed 'nana and I believe it's more difficult to buy for f&f.

Despite the many complaints of the system I've not had any problem buying any tickets before now. I used to be able to buy for example 4 tickets and then allocate the 4 to myself and three f&f. This time you needed to follow umpteen new steps to do that. So yes, it could still be done, but it was certainly more difficult - and the steps to be followed weren't clearly communicated (imho). As an aside, I think communications generally could be improved.

Also, previously, when tickets went on sale, everyone could purchase from that time. For Valencia tickets went on sale at 5pm (iirc) but there was some sort of drip feed mechanism so you might go in at 5.05pm and not be listed as able to get a ticket but try again an hour or more later and you are now able to do so. Similarly for f&f. Not all f&f are available from the off/at the same time. If it is required, why not start the drip feed process earlier or simply say tickets will be available from 7 or 8pm (when ALL tickets are available).
 

Ticketing System Issues

But it has changed 'nana and I believe it's more difficult to buy for f&f.

Despite the many complaints of the system I've not had any problem buying any tickets before now. I used to be able to buy for example 4 tickets and then allocate the 4 to myself and three f&f. This time you needed to follow umpteen new steps to do that. So yes, it could still be done, but it was certainly more difficult - and the steps to be followed weren't clearly communicated (imho). As an aside, I think communications generally could be improved.

Also, previously, when tickets went on sale, everyone could purchase from that time. For Valencia tickets went on sale at 5pm (iirc) but there was some sort of drip feed mechanism so you might go in at 5.05pm and not be listed as able to get a ticket but try again an hour or more later and you are now able to do so. Similarly for f&f. Not all f&f are available from the off/at the same time. If it is required, why not start the drip feed process earlier or simply say tickets will be available from 7 or 8pm (when ALL tickets are available).

I've never had an issue buying a ticket but there is obvious problems from what I'm reading here. What you say about "the drip feed" is significant in my opinion and needs solved, because we know the club's system for members buying tickets requires fastest button first, and in essence it is going to be a race after tickets are opened to members during the season. In that case it would be very unfair for some ticketing accounts to have an hour and half (for example) head start; I doubt tickets to some games will last for an hour and half, so everyone should be able to buy at exactly the same time if this what the club wants, which we know from their comms they do.
 

Ticketing System Issues

I've never had an issue buying a ticket but there is obvious problems from what I'm reading here. What you say about "the drip feed" is significant in my opinion and needs solved, because we know the club's system for members buying tickets requires fastest button first, and in essence it is going to be a race after tickets are opened to members during the season. In that case it would be very unfair for some ticketing accounts to have an hour and half (for example) head start; I doubt tickets to some games will last for an hour and half, so everyone should be able to buy at exactly the same time.

I agree that sounds a total piss take and one unintended consequence will likely be all members changing their surnames to Aardvark
 

Ticketing System Issues

I've never had an issue buying a ticket but there is obvious problems from what I'm reading here. What you say about "the drip feed" is significant in my opinion and needs solved, because we know the club's system for members buying tickets requires fastest button first, and in essence it is going to be a race after tickets are opened to members during the season. In that case it would be very unfair for some ticketing accounts to have an hour and half (for example) head start; I doubt tickets to some games will last for an hour and half, so everyone should be able to buy at exactly the same time if this what the club wants, which we know from their comms they do.
As I understand the drip feed has always been there but they usually do the process overnight.

What I need to establish is if they can do the drip feed but not start sales until a given time.
 

Ticketing System Issues

I agree that sounds a total piss take and one unintended consequence will likely be all members changing their surnames to Aardvark
I'm not sure how it works nocoat but when I went in soon after 6pm I was able to get tickets for F&F with surnames starting with D, H and L, as well as my own ticket (surname W) but a surname C was not available until 6.30pm ish.
 

Ticketing System Issues

As I understand the drip feed has always been there but they usually do the process overnight.

What I need to establish is if they can do the drip feed but not start sales until a given time.
Yep.
Better to delay access, but allow it for all, than to start a bit earlier, but only for some people.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Once you’ve bought you can no longer access it when it is restricted, your friends will have to buy their own.
don't think thats right , i looked yesterday and will let me buy more , i just got fed up with the " orphan seats " so will do it today.
 

Ticketing System Issues

don't think thats right , i looked yesterday and will let me buy more , i just got fed up with the " orphan seats " so will do it today.
Yes because they've allowed ST holders to buy extras but normally they wouldn't be allowed. Don't think members are allowed to buy more than one
 

Ticketing System Issues

As I understand the drip feed has always been there but they usually do the process overnight.

What I need to establish is if they can do the drip feed but not start sales until a given time.
There is no way the drip-feed process was always there and ran overnight. I cannot recollect people waking up and finding tickets in their accounts.

The drip-feed process only appears to relate to allocated tickets though, and not anything requiring fastest-finger first.
 

Ticketing System Issues

I'm not sure how it works nocoat but when I went in soon after 6pm I was able to get tickets for F&F with surnames starting with D, H and L, as well as my own ticket (surname W) but a surname C was not available until 6.30pm ish.
It won't go on surname, out of interest what are their fan numbers (approx)
 

Ticketing System Issues

There is no way the drip-feed process was always there and ran overnight. I cannot recollect people waking up and finding tickets in their accounts.

The drip-feed process only appears to relate to allocated tickets though, and not anything requiring fastest-finger first.
Well we only would've seen this process for Cup matches. And possibly season ticket renewal from Griffin Park.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Well we only would've seen this process for Cup matches. And possibly season ticket renewal from Griffin Park.
What was the last home cup match we had? (that we could attend)
 

Ticketing System Issues

It won't go on surname, out of interest what are their fan numbers (approx)
I think that's it. Three of us are in and around 1,000, one was around 8,500. The last to "appear" has a fan no. over 31,000
 

Ticketing System Issues

Here's another one

2 kids' seats in the family area v Valencia. £5 each. 2 x £5 = what

Correct. £20.

1627386603883.png
 

Ticketing System Issues

Here's another one

2 kids' seats in the family area v Valencia. £5 each. 2 x £5 = what

Correct. £20.

View attachment 26565
My mistake, I didn't think that I would have to select each seat and select what category it is. If I select two seats SHOW ME TWO DROPDOWNS!!!!!

f***ing piece of sh*t, beats me every time.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Luckily I have my precious season ticket but is seems the club are only selling 11,000 ,I wondered how many we could sell if we had greater capacity ?
 

Ticketing System Issues

I’m asking for a friend - can you use the QR code on your phone to get in or do you need to print off a ticket?
 

Ticketing System Issues

I’m asking for a friend - can you use the QR code on your phone to get in or do you need to print off a ticket?
Allegedly it will work off a phone. However I would print one out if you can do so easily.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Just here to leak some info.

The fabled meeting took place yesterday where a frank exchanges of views was held and included items from the first post of this thread.
There is a follow-up workshop with the supplier, the club and BIAS to be scheduled.
The CEO has given an assurance that this is top priority (no doubt due to @Silly Hat's demands that he go ? )
 
Last edited:

Ticketing System Issues

Just casually mentioning; 15 days to safely deliver many, many thousands (is it 12000?) of Season Tickets or the 'Rotherham' scenes will pail into insignificance.

Currently no means of getting in the Stadium . . . .
 
Last edited:

Ticketing System Issues

Just casually mentioning; 15 days to safely deliver many, many thousands (is it 12000?) of Season Tickets or the 'Rotherham' scenes will pail into insignificance.

Currently no means of getting in the Stadium . . . .
Nor has anybody. Stay calm. We'll get in somehow!
 

Ticketing System Issues

I wouldnt limit that statement to just football.

I honestly cant think of a single worse system for anything I've ever purchased tickets for online, from large train companies to small museums, whether on mobile or desktop. Its a slap in the face to fans and especially the poor sods in the ticket office that the club are still using this awful, unfit for purpose system.
You’ve not tried buying Glastonbury tickets then!
 

Ticketing System Issues

Just here to leak some info.

The fabled meeting took place yesterday where a frank exchanges of views was held and included items from the first post of this thread.
There is a follow-up workshop with the supplier, the club and BIAS to be scheduled.
The CEO has given an assurance that this is top priority (no doubt due to @Silly Hat's demands that he go ? )

To all those minnows who gave My Imperial Majesty stick for my thread - “where are my doubters now?”* ?


* Phil Holder, 1992
 

Ticketing System Issues

Just casually mentioning; 15 days to safely deliver many, many thousands (is it 12000?) of Season Tickets or the 'Rotherham' scenes will pail into insignificance.

Currently no means of getting in the Stadium . . . .

Worst case they could email them to print at home just like any other ticket.
 

Ticketing System Issues

Just casually mentioning; 15 days to safely deliver many, many thousands (is it 12000?) of Season Tickets or the 'Rotherham' scenes will pail into insignificance.

Currently no means of getting in the Stadium . . . .
This would have been outsourced and cutting off season ticket sales would have helped the process. I'm fairly relaxed about this.
 

Ticketing System Issues

This would have been outsourced and cutting off season ticket sales would have helped the process. I'm fairly relaxed about this.
Delighted to read the final five words; do you happen to know if it is the same outsource operation that didn't get the STs out before Rotherham?
 

Ticketing System Issues

I went to the stadium today to buy an extra ticket for the Arsenal game.
7 of the 7 windows were shut, nothing on the website to say it was closed
and nothing on the windows. The elderly people in the queue were ringing the office
and held in a queue. Eventually we collared someone by shouting at the glass front,
a member of staff eventually came out to explain. No staff in the Box Office due to
Self Isolation and nobody available to open up 1 window. Our phone numbers were taken
and in all fairness, I got a call back before the 5pm deadline but I had already booked online.
It took me ages to pick a single seat as there seemed to be only a few pairs of seats left and the
system won't allow you to take one of them on its own and doesn't allow you to buy both if you don't
qualify for 2. Anyway, I got the ticket booked and now I cant f'kin print it off!!
 
Back
Top Bottom