Boxing

Boxing

Jeez, David Price just got absolutely sparked out. It was a decent fight up until then.
 

Boxing

What time is the Joshua fight?

Any decent streams?
 

Boxing

Jeez, David Price just got absolutely sparked out. It was a decent fight up until then.

The right totally stunned him and the left, wowsers, I’m surprised he got up. That was one huge hit. :eek:
 

Boxing

The right totally stunned him and the left, wowsers, I’m surprised he got up. That was one huge hit. :eek:

It was horrible to watch as you knew the left was coming and he wasn't able to put his guard up at all. Shame because he rocked the other fella and was doing ok. Must be the end of Price now though.
 

Boxing

It was horrible to watch as you knew the left was coming and he wasn't able to put his guard up at all. Shame because he rocked the other fella and was doing ok. Must be the end of Price now though.

Sadly, yes. Been knocked down too many times now.
 

Boxing

Watching on a stream. Cricfree - v good

This looks to be one of those very boring fights.
 

Boxing

Can;t see AJ losing this. How is this Kiwi a world champion?
 

Boxing

Can;t see AJ losing this. How is this Kiwi a world champion?

Because the division doesn’t have the depth. Joshua should, should! be undisputed and hold them all, soon.
 

Boxing

This is pretty close at the moment.
 

Boxing

Not a great one. AJ should get this by 3 or 4 rounds.
 

Boxing

damp squib. pity.
 

Boxing

I thought it was a half decent fight. Very professional performance by Joshua, I thought Parker was pretty good and would have given him a couple more rounds. I was impressed with AJ's fitness.
 

Boxing

Pretty dull fight, only sparked into life on a couple of occasions.

What chance a re-match, or is the fact that it was a unanimous decision discount that?
 

Boxing

Pretty dull fight, only sparked into life on a couple of occasions.

What chance a re-match, or is the fact that it was a unanimous decision discount that?

No chance. AJ wants to fight others.
 

Boxing

Pretty dull fight, only sparked into life on a couple of occasions.

What chance a re-match, or is the fact that it was a unanimous decision discount that?

No chance in the immediate future but I think Parker will be around for a while and may get another shot at AJ a couple of years down the road.
 

Boxing

Ref was a disgrace, jumped in far too quickly at every clinch, and Parker’s left jab clearly offside.
 

Boxing

Pretty dull fight, only sparked into life on a couple of occasions.

What chance a re-match, or is the fact that it was a unanimous decision discount that?

I think a re-match would just be the same fight, probably not much appetite for it.
 

Boxing

Ref was a disgrace, jumped in far too quickly at every clinch, and Parker’s left jab clearly offside.

From my untrained eye the ref kept jumping in when Parker kept lowering his head.
 

Boxing

He was stepping in and separating them even when they were exchanging at close proximity (rather than just when they were holding).
 

Boxing

Was boring...wish they would put someone in the ring who actually goes at aj and tries to win it instead of being happy with a 1-0 defeat (in football terms).....would love to see tyson in his prime v joshua now...that would be more interesting ;) the ref was a knob too...jumping in far too quickly on anything :(
 

Boxing

Was boring...wish they would put someone in the ring who actually goes at aj and tries to win it instead of being happy with a 1-0 defeat (in football terms).....would love to see tyson in his prime v joshua now...that would be more interesting ;) the ref was a knob too...jumping in far too quickly on anything :(

I reckon Tyson would kill him
 

Boxing

Just the sort of fight AJ needed. Needed to be taken the distance by someone that was going to make it difficult for him and who also had a good chin. He's not going to knock everyone out and not every fight is going to be a classic. Would have learnt a lot from the fight, which is a good thing.
 

Boxing

Just the sort of fight AJ needed. Needed to be taken the distance by someone that was going to make it difficult for him and who also had a good chin. He's not going to knock everyone out and not every fight is going to be a classic. Would have learnt a lot from the fight, which is a good thing.

He wouldn’t have gone the distance with some of the travelling fraternity in O’Neills on your turf last night.
 

Boxing

Just the sort of fight AJ needed. Needed to be taken the distance by someone that was going to make it difficult for him and who also had a good chin. He's not going to knock everyone out and not every fight is going to be a classic. Would have learnt a lot from the fight, which is a good thing.

Totally agree and what impressed me was that AJ still looked pretty fresh in the 12th round. He is fighting a better class of fighter now (Klitchko, Parker) and the knockouts in the first three rounds will happen less and less.
 

Boxing

Totally agree and what impressed me was that AJ still looked pretty fresh in the 12th round. He is fighting a better class of fighter now (Klitchko, Parker) and the knockouts in the first three rounds will happen less and less.

Boxed cleverly behind his jab to win comfortably but would like to have seen him land a couple of right hands over 12 rounds. Can see why Parker has never been knocked down but he must be disappointed that he lost without giving it a real go, almost appeared ok with losing on points.
 

Boxing

Anyone know if any channel is showing the full fight again today? (for free)
 

Boxing

Boxed cleverly behind his jab to win comfortably but would like to have seen him land a couple of right hands over 12 rounds. Can see why Parker has never been knocked down but he must be disappointed that he lost without giving it a real go, almost appeared ok with losing on points.

Yep, you could hear AJ say to his corner a couple of times in between rounds early on that he hadn't thrown his right. I would have thought once he knew that Parker was not a massive threat he could have let his right go a few times. I think you are spot on in that Parker realised that going the distance was as good as he could get from the fight and settled for that.
 

Boxing

Yep, you could hear AJ say to his corner a couple of times in between rounds early on that he hadn't thrown his right. I would have thought once he knew that Parker was not a massive threat he could have let his right go a few times. I think you are spot on in that Parker realised that going the distance was as good as he could get from the fight and settled for that.

I bow to your better boxing knowledge, as I know next to **** all, but surely it's better to have a go, ok it opens you up to your opponent, but you may get lucky and catch them with a lucky punch.
 

Boxing

I bow to your better boxing knowledge, as I know next to **** all, but surely it's better to have a go, ok it opens you up to your opponent, but you may get lucky and catch them with a lucky punch.

It was safe performance by Parker, I am sure he knew that to unsettle Joshua he would have to take some massive risks and by doing so open himself to some clean and big shots from Joshua. Parker also struggled to get in range throughout the fight so actually being able to land anything major on AJ was a struggle in itself.
 

Boxing

He wasn't throwing his right because he didn't have the speed not to get countered, kept beating Parker to the jab but against the ropes Parker didn't let AJ get on top of him. Both fighters best chance was on the inside, Parker being he smaller man and AJ having that devastating uppercut.
 

Boxing

Someone's got to keep Sonofabee in the lifestyle he has become accustomed to so I have invested £19.95 of my hard earned on the Bellew v Haye fight. Last night I flicked on to a re-run of the fight which was in to round 4 by the time I switched on. For me Haye's leg was knackered then but he carried on until round 11. I sincerely hope that I am wrong but I unless Haye gets a similar injury I just cannot see a repeat of Bellew winning. Time will tell.
 

Boxing

Im not going to pay for this one. I bought the first fight and it was entertaining but there are so many fights on pay per view now that I think Sky are starting to take the p1ss. I remember Sky saying years ago that they were reducing the amount of pay per view fights but they have definitely reversed that decision.
 

Boxing

Im not going to pay for this one. I bought the first fight and it was entertaining but there are so many fights on pay per view now that I think Sky are starting to take the p1ss. I remember Sky saying years ago that they were reducing the amount of pay per view fights but they have definitely reversed that decision.

I cannot believe this is £19.95 and am even more amazed that there is anyone out there prepared to pay this.
It's very simple - if people don't pay for this, Sky (and others) will have to re-think their strategy. Similar to prem football, really. I'm surprised there is still mass demand for sky sports, when people baulk at the cost of a licence fee.
 

Boxing

I cannot believe this is £19.95 and am even more amazed that there is anyone out there prepared to pay this.
It's very simple - if people don't pay for this, Sky (and others) will have to re-think their strategy. Similar to prem football, really. I'm surprised there is still mass demand for sky sports, when people baulk at the cost of a licence fee.

I have to say I think it’s a bargain, the opportunity to experience the build up and atmosphere of a big title fight and then watching it live with expert analysis ringside.
In fact it’s a bargain, recommend it to everyone.
 

Boxing

I have to say I think it’s a bargain, the opportunity to experience the build up and atmosphere of a big title fight and then watching it live with expert analysis ringside.
In fact it’s a bargain, recommend it to everyone.

Spoken like a true company man��
 
Back
Top Bottom