General General BFC Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General BFC Transfer Thread

OK. I haven't really seen either of them play enough to comment.
I hope I'm not making it seems as I'm throwing Nunes under the bus. I believe in his potential (specially on the technical side).

Rayan is just a guy that has both the technical and physical tools to have an almost immediate impact in the Premier League.

Vasco da Gama is reported to be asking around 43m quid [€50m], but I reckon that with %s on future sale and objectives we could lower that to like £30-35m. I think the hardest part would be to convince Rayan to join us, he has been touted by the best clubs in the world, and he would need a bit of convincing.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

General BFC Transfer Thread

Knowing how our management are always ahead of the curve I wonder if they have factored in the need to spend our transfer war chest before qualifying for Europe? Not sure if the % spend is once in European competition or in the season we qualify?

That seems to be almost content-free! No knowledge of our recruitment, our squad depth or our finances… just the capacity of the Gtech. But he’s correct in that there’s no money in the EUFA Conference League.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

That seems to be almost content-free! No knowledge of our recruitment, our squad depth or our finances… just the capacity of the Gtech. But he’s correct in that there’s no money in the EUFA Conference League.
Borson, an alleged football finances expert, has commented before on how well we have managed being nowhere near PSR limits so assume he is fully aware of our finances.
The article was thought provoking about possible financial implications of qualifying for a European Competition. Back of a fag pack calculation based on last reported income of £167M, 70% is £117M. Therefore it gives us more headroom than current PSR.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

financial implications of qualifying for a European Competition.
… they’d need a bigger squad. That would cause some problems because that would have cost.
While we’d need more players to reduce Conference League Syndrome, which would have cost, he does seem unaware of our finances and our general approach to recruitment, particularly evidenced in recent days.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Knowing how our management are always ahead of the curve I wonder if they have factored in the need to spend our transfer war chest before qualifying for Europe? Not sure if the % spend is once in European competition or in the season we qualify?

BFC has organised its spending to stay within the UEFA SCR rules as well as FFP for at least the last 2-3 seasons.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I don't think we should buy any one else in this window unless it's someone Phil Giles really wants to get over the line , we have enough to get a top ten finish, imo we are not strong enough for a European tour next season plus a strong prem season, i say be patient and as TF use to say " add layers " our time will come very soon.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

While we’d need more players to reduce Conference League Syndrome, which would have cost, he does seem unaware of our finances and our general approach to recruitment, particularly evidenced in recent days.
I have read and listened to Borson covering a wide range of football finance aspects and he is very aware of what you highlight above. Suggest you don't just limit your opinion on one article which wasn't a deep dive into our finances. But will leave it there before mods get involved as this is a transfer thread which I opened up into if our possible European Competition qualification would be influential in our dealings in this transfer window.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I have read and listened to Borson covering a wide range of football finance aspects and he is very aware of what you highlight above. Suggest you don't just limit your opinion on one article which wasn't a deep dive into our finances. But will leave it there before mods get involved as this is a transfer thread which I opened up into if our possible European Competition qualification would be influential in our dealings in this transfer window.
I can only go by what I read and have no desire to study anybody and everybody with an opinion to reinterpret what they say.

It’s been discussed on here many times, so the need for squad depth, in particular as EUFA competitions endanger a Premier League position, is not a revelation. It is clearly something considered in our recruitment over time and it’s probably influenced this window as well as the last. I don’t believe we’re waiting for a European place to trigger the recruitment.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

I can only go by what I read and have no desire to study anybody and everybody with an opinion to reinterpret what they say.

It’s been discussed on here many times, so the need for squad depth, in particular as EUFA competitions endanger a Premier League position, is not a revelation. It is clearly something considered in our recruitment over time and it’s probably influenced this window as well as the last. I don’t believe we’re waiting for a European place to trigger the recruitment.
I said I would leave it but obviously you missed the whole premise of my original post on the subject since you were just concentrating on an article you felt was lacking in substance.
My original post was regarding if we would spend in this window based on possible European qualification, as opposed to most teams not used to qualifying who only spend once qualified.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

That seems to be almost content-free! No knowledge of our recruitment, our squad depth or our finances… just the capacity of the Gtech. But he’s correct in that there’s no money in the EUFA Conference League.
I've spoken to him a few times in the past before. Last time was about a year ago and he was fairly clued up on how we were run. No idea if he's been following our transfer dealings since, but I expect our fees received since last summer would put us in a very good place as far as European spending caps go.

Our squad is a decent size as it is, and you'd expect it to be used fully should we get into Europe without us having to go wild in the transfer market to compete on all fronts.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Borson, an alleged football finances expert, has commented before on how well we have managed being nowhere near PSR limits so assume he is fully aware of our finances.
The article was thought provoking about possible financial implications of qualifying for a European Competition. Back of a fag pack calculation based on last reported income of £167M, 70% is £117M. Therefore it gives us more headroom than current PSR.
Not only a "football finances expert" - a former ManCity financial adviser.
I know nothing has yet been proved (or announced as proved) but wasn't it something like 118 financial discrepancies checked?
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Players older than 21 who featured more for the b team than the first team this season:
Peart-Harris✅
Cox✅
Maghoma⏳
Balcombe⏳?

Only thing with balcombe is he might be a better choice for #3 than eyestone in an emergency scenario just based on experience, and having an even number of goalkeepers might be good for training purposes. Maghoma though I think it's time.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

McKinnie will be on higher wages than his real value too. Lots of negatives...
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Wasn't he at Leeds once?
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

General BFC Transfer Thread

Wolves could well sell Gomes but they might struggle to sell West Ham. But if they managed that, then fair play.
Don’t give up your day job, unless it’s as a comedian 😉
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

With Konak going out on loan, I believe there must be 1 or 2 midfielders either coming in, or stepping up. With the 2 injuries (Milambo, Carvalho), it’s a sizeable hole compared to where we finished the summer window.
Have Trevitt/Brierley done enough to warrant a recall? I suspect not yet, compared to the experience to be gained remaining, and playing, on loan.
The fairytale writer in me wonders if JDS is nearer to playing than any of us dare to hope, but in the meantime, a hat with a surprise or two, will do.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Bournemouth have bid 27.5m for rayan
Hope we can go in with 30m
Don’t want to miss out on this one
I can’t recall any time we’ve got into a bidding war and actually ended up signing a player.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

We definitely could use another midfield player 👍
Not really - yesterday we had an unusual team with 4 midfielders and no natural right winger.

I suspect that won't be the norm now that Dango is back which puts a midfielder on the bench plus Hendo to come back, plenty enough IMHO.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Not really - yesterday we had an unusual team with 4 midfielders and no natural right winger.

I suspect that won't be the norm now that Dango is back which puts a midfielder on the bench plus Hendo to come back, plenty enough IMHO.
You think 5 is enough to get through the season? What if we lose, say Yarmo and Henderson to injury? We play Janelt, Jensen, and Dams in midfield...that's light for me. Even if JDS is fully fit to play 90 in the EPL, he's not a defensive midfielder.

Obviously that's if FTT goes. If he stays, he can be that cover. But if he does go, we could do with someone.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Not really - yesterday we had an unusual team with 4 midfielders and no natural right winger.

I suspect that won't be the norm now that Dango is back which puts a midfielder on the bench plus Hendo to come back, plenty enough IMHO.

Personally I'd like the option of being able to play that formation without being light on the bench even with Dango back, it seems to be the preferred way to get Jensen and Damsgaard in the same team and we've played our best football there. Plus our style of play is very physically demanding on our midfield, we've been known to make 3 midfield subs in a game before.

Imo the issue is more the balance of our midfield depth. Assuming Onyeka and Maghoma go this window, we've got 3 DMs in Janelt Hendo and Yarmo, and 5 AMs in Damsgaard, Jensen, Milambo, Carvalho and JDS, but we play 2 DMs and 1 AM on the pitch. Maybe a return to 433 would make better use of the squad but it's sacrificing Damsgaard's best position not having a 10.

Imo were very blessed having Damsgaard/Jensen and Hendo/Janelt as pairs of similar players of a very high quality, and could do with having the same for Yarmo. Replace Onyeka and Konak with 1 player in the same vein who's better than both and might actually challenge for minutes, that's what I say.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Personally I'd like the option of being able to play that formation without being light on the bench even with Dango back, it seems to be the preferred way to get Jensen and Damsgaard in the same team and we've played our best football there. Plus our style of play is very physically demanding on our midfield, we've been known to make 3 midfield subs in a game before.

Imo the issue is more the balance of our midfield depth. Assuming Onyeka and Maghoma go this window, we've got 3 DMs in Janelt Hendo and Yarmo, and 5 AMs in Damsgaard, Jensen, Milambo, Carvalho and JDS, but we play 2 DMs and 1 AM on the pitch. Maybe a return to 433 would make better use of the squad but it's sacrificing Damsgaard's best position not having a 10.

Imo were very blessed having Damsgaard/Jensen and Hendo/Janelt as pairs of similar players of a very high quality, and could do with having the same for Yarmo. Replace Onyeka and Konak with 1 player in the same vein who's better than both and might actually challenge for minutes, that's what I say.
I'll take whatever the club feels is correct but my opinion is that we are fine at the moment 👍
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

Personally I'd like the option of being able to play that formation without being light on the bench even with Dango back, it seems to be the preferred way to get Jensen and Damsgaard in the same team and we've played our best football there. Plus our style of play is very physically demanding on our midfield, we've been known to make 3 midfield subs in a game before.

Imo the issue is more the balance of our midfield depth. Assuming Onyeka and Maghoma go this window, we've got 3 DMs in Janelt Hendo and Yarmo, and 5 AMs in Damsgaard, Jensen, Milambo, Carvalho and JDS, but we play 2 DMs and 1 AM on the pitch. Maybe a return to 433 would make better use of the squad but it's sacrificing Damsgaard's best position not having a 10.

Imo were very blessed having Damsgaard/Jensen and Hendo/Janelt as pairs of similar players of a very high quality, and could do with having the same for Yarmo. Replace Onyeka and Konak with 1 player in the same vein who's better than both and might actually challenge for minutes, that's what I say.
I think it will be are away formation has made us look more solid and creative away from home. Even yesterday which in reality was almost a smash and grab by chelsea and not like earlier in the season looking out of depth just needed to be more clinical. I dont see it as playing wide players and more of a 4 2 2 2 given jensen and damsgaard the freedom to roam and find the gaps between the lines. Pushing kayode and Henry high up to create the width.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

You think 5 is enough to get through the season? What if we lose, say Yarmo and Henderson to injury? We play Janelt, Jensen, and Dams in midfield...that's light for me. Even if JDS is fully fit to play 90 in the EPL, he's not a defensive midfielder.

Obviously that's if FTT goes. If he stays, he can be that cover. But if he does go, we could do with someone.
It’s difficult because, as you say, you want the depth but depth that when called upon can be expected to do a job.

FTT does that, but as KA said, they’ll be players who are satisfied with a limited role and others who won’t be. Even with Vitaly, it’s probably only been this recent run that has convinced him he still has an important role to play.
 

General BFC Transfer Thread

We're in that although we might like to buy someone we don't need anyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom