Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

Oops! Didn't see the edit made to my post.

I'll give myself one. :whoosh:
 

Igor Thiago

Booked for an off the ball incident, will now miss second leg next week.
 

Igor Thiago

Booked yellow card after heading incident so misses second Europa return v PAOK!
 

Igor Thiago

Looks a proper beast. Raw as f*** but plenty to work on there. Will give defenders a hard time next season
 

Igor Thiago

Had f*** all service but will be a fun watch. Works hard.
 

Igor Thiago

Not giving anything away to Premier League keepers.
 

Igor Thiago

On first view he will do me, plenty to work with, the fact he looks 34 will go against him, as basically he is still a kid.
On a side note, Nusa looks a good player
 

Igor Thiago

He's quick and powerful. Lots to work with but lots to do on that first look.
 

Igor Thiago

Personally think we well overpaid by about £20m but that’s the PL added extra I suppose
 

Igor Thiago

It sounds like he has all the physical attributes; strength, height, pace. As others have said, there’s a lot for our coaches to work with there. Looking forward to seeing him play with service from Bryan, Kevin and Matty next season.
 

Igor Thiago

I know of people that have watched exactly one match (this one) and have written him off already. Congratulations!
You’ve got to wonder about some of our ‘fans’ ‘nana. We’ve got people who only post when we lose and people who write off a record signing after only 1 match.

I honestly couldn’t live my life being that negative and miserable all of the time.
 

Igor Thiago

I was at the game. Very good at winning long balls out, holing it up, keeping possession and laying it off. A really physical guy. Worked hard. Looked short on confidence and needs a goal to get his mojo back I think but I saw a lot to like. Apart from the penalty…
3ED1375E-C36C-49CB-863C-9FB4FFD9BD6B.jpeg
…and Nusa. What a player he looks. Fantastic close control. The moment he gets it going forward the whole crowd is on their feet. If it was problems with the medical that scuppered his move then there’s nothing you can say apart from it would be madness to spend large sums if you don’t think the player is physically capable of the demands of the Premier League but what a shame.
 

Igor Thiago

You’ve got to wonder about some of our ‘fans’ ‘nana. We’ve got people who only post when we lose and people who write off a record signing after only 1 match.

I honestly couldn’t live my life being that negative and miserable all of the time.
I think we can take being written off after one game on telly in the context of “yeah, 6 years of training to write something to deal with stuff that’ll never happen even if in fact you show me it has happened many times isn’t worth spending on”.
 

Igor Thiago

I think we can take being written off after one game on telly in the context of “yeah, 6 years of training to write something to deal with stuff that’ll never happen even if in fact you show me it has happened many times isn’t worth spending on”.
You might but I can't get to grips with that sentence at all
 

Igor Thiago

I know of people that have watched exactly one match (this one) and have written him off already. Congratulations!
Wouldn’t be surprised if there are some who haven’t even seen that much and have written him off already tbh ?‍♂️
 

Igor Thiago

Based on what evidence?
Just from the albeit limited time I've seen of him plus the fact he's the second highest transfer fee out of the jupiler pro league ever behind charles de keteleare who bombed out in Milan and £10m more than doku who went to city . I hope it works out but imo no player out of the Belgium league is worth £32m
 

Igor Thiago

Brugge was so bad in general in the final third second half, never made a good pass or cross, gave him zero to feed off, always tried to run up the pitch with one player dribbling. Brentford will give him way more service than that. Nusa looked decent at times, maybe we might try that one again.
 

Igor Thiago

Shame we didn't pick him up a from Bulgaria when he first started showing form. We could have paid 20 million less for him less than a year ago like Brugge's did. After all Brentford is renowned for spotting talent early on for a bargain price. Strikes me as a strange purchase we have rushed into. Brugge's have had it off IMO.
 

Igor Thiago

Let's be honest watching the odd highlights reel and occasional game doesn't make us experts on the lad but merely gives us a flavour of the type of player we're getting.

Strong, physical, hard working and raw seem to all be words which crop up with regularity and based upon the very limited evidence I've seen are a fair reflection of what we're getting next summer.

He's not going to be a direct like for like replacement for Sir Ivan of Toney and will no doubt take time to settle and find his rhythm with not only our style but the demands of the unforgiving cauldron that is the PL with every kick, every incident micro-analysed. I'm sure every fair minded Bees fan will give him that time. I'm excited to see him in a Bees shirt though agree - Bryan on Pens....
 

Igor Thiago

Awful penalty that.... sign of someone with no confidence. Didn't even hit it down the middle, any trailing leg saves that.
 

Igor Thiago

Getting absolutely hammered here

That rag is written in Dutch as that's what most of Belgium, particularly the North and West of the country speak, but it seems all of the articles they write about Thiago have quotes from ex-Anderlecht players or managers so there must be some kind of allegiance with them behind the scenes I reckon.

Not sure why anyone's stressing about the money we've spent....it's not your money pal, relax!

And the ref should be spoken to about the time he took last night to blow his whistle for the pen. It wasn't a great penalty but he spoke to virtually every player before blowing his whistle. Shocking.
 

Igor Thiago

On the basis of that display one can only conclude that we've overspent massively on him, so let's hope there's a lot more to come, especially in the penalty area. Perhaps the expectations associated with the big price tag have led to a plunge in his confidence.
 

Igor Thiago

On the basis of that display one can only conclude that we've overspent massively on him, so let's hope there's a lot more to come, especially in the penalty area. Perhaps the expectations associated with the big price tag have led to a plunge in his confidence.
Jesus wept
 
Back
Top Bottom