Chips! ??Totally agree. Calm and confident with the ball. Lots of lobs out to players lifting it over the heads of their attackers, and one long ball down the middle near the end that Schade (I think) couldn't quite control. solid saves when needed in second half toom great start
Agree. I actually thought, based admittedly on a very small sample size, that his distribution was slightly better than Raya. And I never expected to think that…Really grew into the game, so pleased for him after a couple of mistakes in pre-season. Thought GK would be the hardest position to replace (especially after Lossl / Fernandez) but the club might have pulled it off!
He looked far more in control and assured than Spurs keeperLike what I’ve seen so far, slotted I’m well. Unlike Fernandez who didn’t inspire me or feel that safe in between the sticks.
Confident and good with his feet. Would need to see their second again but he claimed and saved what he had to.
I was pleased with him overall but think it's fair to place some of the blame for the opening goal on him. He missed a corner that he came for but got away with that when Spurs gave the ball back. He then cleared to a Spurs player and the resulting attack led to Maddison buying the free kick which was headed in.One dodgy kick at the end (Raya sometimes did this too). Otherwise faultless performance!
You sound like the bloke sitting near me in the south stand. Spent the entire game complaining about EVERYTHING Flekken did.I was pleased with him overall but think it's fair to place some of the blame for the opening goal on him. He missed a corner that he came for but got away with that when Spurs gave the ball back. He then cleared to a Spurs player and the resulting attack led to Maddison buying the free kick which was headed in.
A reasonable comparison given I said I was pleased with him overall ?You sound like the bloke sitting near me in the south stand. Spent the entire game complaining about EVERYTHING Flekken did.
.............a very good start..............
When you compare the £13m we paid for against Spurs new keeper £20+ was it? chalk and cheese, how many mis placed passes did their keeper make! lol Again another sign of how great our recruitment is.
I've seen it again this morning. No chance he saves that. Shot come completely out the blue too.Some people were blaming him for the second goal. Almost all keepers would not have stopped it. A good shot, hard and low in the corner.....
Roy Keane felt "a top keeper would have saved it"Some people were blaming him for the second goal. Almost all keepers would not have stopped it. A good shot, hard and low in the corner.....
You could possibly blame lack of blocking and closing down the shooterI've seen it again this morning. No chance he saves that. Shot come completely out the blue too.
Think we gave them far to much space in midfield didn’t get close enough most of the game.You could possibly blame lack of blocking and closing down the shooter
Not like the tramp to be talking out of his backside.Roy Keane felt "a top keeper would have saved it"
We can’t afford a top keeper. Mr Keane talks out of his backside at times.Roy Keane felt "a top keeper would have saved it"
Agreed, some of his long passes were excellent, will setup a goal or three for us this year. Could also be why we played 5 at back so Rico can push forward as his control of such passes is up there with anyone and he has an immediate burst of space to get around back of covering defender. An alternative to long ball to Tobey minus Ivan.His distribution was fantastic at times and it will be needed if we are to break teams that press high like Spurs and also adapt to a more playing style. Some great saves in their too.
When you compare the £13m we paid for against Spurs new keeper £20+ was it? chalk and cheese, how many mis placed passes did their keeper make! lol Again another sign of how great our recruitment is.
Some people were blaming him for the second goal. Almost all keepers would not have stopped it. A good shot, hard and low in the corner.....
Have to agree think David saves that.But it wasnt in the corner, it was probably a couple of feet in from the post. He should have saved it. Happywith his distribution, but yet to see him make a good save that isnt a close range block.
You're talking with complete certainty about something which is anything but certain. There were players in the way obstructing his vision, and the ball was hit low and hard.He should have saved it.
Ben Foakes would have saved it.Roy Keane felt "a top keeper would have saved it"
That Fulham **** would have waved it in.Ben Foakes would have saved it.
Have to agree think David saves that.
I did not think Flekken was under pressure at all with us passing it around at the back, he was very composed with the ball at his feet, but i do agree it sometimes make us fan’s nervousThought he played well. Just a shame that our tactics of passing it around too much at the back and often putting our keeper under pressure were still there to see.
I think you are playing with words......have you never said or thought 'he should have put that away' when a striker missed a sitter, exact same case. I guess I might have said I think he could have saved that, but that is splitting hairsYou're talking with complete certainty about something which is anything but certain. There were players in the way obstructing his vision, and the ball was hit low and hard.
In my opinion, most goalkeepers don't save that shot.
Yes... maybe another goalkeeper on another day could have saved it, but there's no "should" about it.
Without the out ball to Toney you’re going to see a lot more of that!! Hold onto your seat!! ?Thought he played well. Just a shame that our tactics of passing it around too much at the back and often putting our keeper under pressure were still there to see.
Big difference between could and should.I think you are playing with words......have you never said or thought 'he should have put that away' when a striker missed a sitter, exact same case. I guess I might have said I think he could have saved that, but that is splitting hairs
I respect your right to have an opinion different from mine, please afford me the same respect
