Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Clearly his confidence has taken a knock but Flekken's long passing ability is going to be way more important to us now Toney is back. Wissa and Maupay are never going to win many headers competing against defenders.
agree.

if and when Ivan moves on, we need a Watkins / Ivan mk iii to lead the line.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He was blameless for their second, but I feel that he was not yet focussed on the game for the first. Although Vitaly did f*** it up royally, Flekken did seem to just stand there and watch it fly by. However - and a big however - my seat is in N126, so i have yet to see how it looked from behind the goal.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He was blameless for their second, but I feel that he was not yet focussed on the game for the first. Although Vitaly did f*** it up royally, Flekken did seem to just stand there and watch it fly by. However - and a big however - my seat is in N126, so i have yet to see how it looked from behind the goal.
You really do need to see that to have a proper view of it. No chance for him.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

No chance for either goal. He still concerns me a bit though, seems to gamble on which side a shot is going and takes a little step one way then if it goes the other way he's rooted to the spot
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

No chance for either goal. He still concerns me a bit though, seems to gamble on which side a shot is going and takes a little step one way then if it goes the other way he's rooted to the spot
That is my only issue with him, seems to be wrong footed a fair amount (which is probably why he looks rooted to the spot rather than aimlessly diving)
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

That is my only issue with him, seems to be wrong footed a fair amount (which is probably why he looks rooted to the spot rather than aimlessly diving)
I watched the Luton game back recently and he definitely was wrong footed a bit for that goal. But on one angle it looked like the goal scorer wasn't actually aiming for the side that it went in. ??‍♂️
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Of course every Bees fan wants Flekken do do well. But, imo, he does not inspire confidence, he does not come for crosses, his positioning is somtimes poor and he punches rather than catches
He must also be the most static goalkeeper I have seen in the PL.
Pretty much every goal conceded he remains completely rooted to the turf.
I really think we need better....
Completely agree. It goes without saying that we all want him to do well, and the interview was revealing, but without meaning to be harsh, to be undisputed number one in a premier league football club you have to be one of the best 20, (but realistically 30 - 40) goalkeepers in the world, and he unfortunately isn’t.

I really want him to succeed, but I just can’t see it happening. Toney will win us games, he will lose them.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

He was blameless for their second, but I feel that he was not yet focussed on the game for the first. Although Vitaly did f*** it up royally, Flekken did seem to just stand there and watch it fly by. However - and a big however - my seat is in N126, so i have yet to see how it looked from behind the goal.
Crowd scene in front of him. He was unsighted.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Will the ****** who sits right at the back of S102 in the south stand and mouths off about Flekken for the entire game, even cheering sarcastically when he catches the ball, please own up if you are on here.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Will the ****** who sits right at the back of S102 in the south stand and mouths off about Flekken for the entire game, even cheering sarcastically when he catches the ball, please own up if you are on here.
He had a mate sitting in the Railway Seats.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Just watched motd. Got to be honest, our keeper was positioned not too far from that first goal. It was struck from a fair distance too. I think he should have reacted. I think he could have saved it. Interesting point above about the planting of his feet.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Just wondering, did anyone else think.Turner looked like an absolute p***k diving for that ball he had no chance of getting to?
Im sure he made a few of his fans happy doing it though ?
No one criticised Raya for his supersonic dives when he knew he had no chance of saving a shot … not really sure what your point is, but I’m not a huge fan of a keeper who likes to play statues
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Just watched motd. Got to be honest, our keeper was positioned not too far from that first goal. It was struck from a fair distance too. I think he should have reacted. I think he could have saved it. Interesting point above about the planting of his feet.
what??????!


1705795202615.png
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Be nice if he gave the impression of trying to save shots instead of being rooted to the spot.
It just looks bad, distribution is decent but that’s not a goalies number one priority..
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Just leave the poor bastard alone those who keep on his case!!

He has had big shoes to fill this season. Once he’s got this one under his belt next season will be better.

The result went our way so not bothered about the two that went in.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Just watched motd. Got to be honest, our keeper was positioned not too far from that first goal. It was struck from a fair distance too. I think he should have reacted. I think he could have saved it. Interesting point above about the planting of his feet.
Totally agree. He should and could have reacted better. Maybe not saved but got close. We can and should do better in the summer. He is indeed 'average' at best for the PL: simply not quite good enough.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I have to say without a doubt the Oscar for watching the ball go by with classic posing goes to?

Yup you guessed it: Mark Flekken of Brentford FC

Now, let the “flack” begin! I am a ready.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Blaming him his getting really boring and tedious. Vita and Ben Mee had about 5 goes between them at clearing the ball and couldn't get it any further than the fella stood 5 yards outside our box. Rest of the midfield nowhere to be seen and the defence far too slow to react.
Mental how people can watch that series of f***ups and moan about Flekken.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

If you want him to dive for the sake of it. Why?

Some keepers know they’re not going to reach it and don’t move at all. Maybe. Just maybe he’s experienced enough to know that he can’t reach it. So what’s the point.

As opposed to. I’ll make a dive I have no chance of reaching?

It actually makes the players goal look sh*tter too when the keeper don’t dive. Maybe he’s a genius!?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I want him to be on his toes, anticipating the action coming up. Sure, he won't save everything including yesterday but the number of times a goal has just been waved in suggest to me that something is awry - his reactions, his concentration - who knows?
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Just watched motd. Got to be honest, our keeper was positioned not too far from that first goal. It was struck from a fair distance too. I think he should have reacted. I think he could have saved it. Interesting point above about the planting of his feet.
Agree. Like you, watched it last night and wouldn't say this was a 'zero chance save' as was described yesterday by many. Of course, the defence are to blame for the goal, but again, he is rooted to the spot with seemingly little anticipation.

I 'm not one for saying dive for the hell of it. But it does seem a remarkable coincidence that every shot lately is 'unstoppable.' The opposition strikers are being very lucky hitting the corners every time!I

Most of our defence are now back, so I'm expecting improvements from both him and them now.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Agree. Like you, watched it last night and wouldn't say this was a 'zero chance save' as was described yesterday by many. Of course, the defence are to blame for the goal, but again, he is rooted to the spot with seemingly little anticipation.

I 'm not one for saying dive for the hell of it. But it does seem a remarkable coincidence that every shot lately is 'unstoppable.' The opposition strikers are being very lucky hitting the corners every time!I

Most of our defence are now back, so I'm expecting improvements from both him and them now.
Give PL attackers enough time and space on the ball and they'll find the corners every time
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I want him to be on his toes, anticipating the action coming up. Sure, he won't save everything including yesterday but the number of times a goal has just been waved in suggest to me that something is awry - his reactions, his concentration - who knows?
It’s also the shots that go just wide.

He never seems to make a move towards the ball and I don’t think it’s because he has uncanny levels of anticipation.

Often he seems to put his weight on the other foot so he cannot move towards the ball.

It’s hard to put it into words but it just doesn’t look right.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

Give PL attackers enough time and space on the ball and they'll find the corners every time
The keeper should know the ball's going there then.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

I want him to be on his toes, anticipating the action coming up. Sure, he won't save everything including yesterday but the number of times a goal has just been waved in suggest to me that something is awry - his reactions, his concentration - who knows?
I noticed this on MOTD in the slow motions, he seems flat footed, on his heels a lot. If we see it so will the gk coach. Hopefully we will see an improvement soon.
 

Mark Flekken (Closed Thread)

It’s also the shots that go just wide.

He never seems to make a move towards the ball and I don’t think it’s because he has uncanny levels of anticipation.

Often he seems to put his weight on the other foot so he cannot move towards the ball.

It’s hard to put it into words but it just doesn’t look right.
Indeed. Imagine if the shot by Forest (Mangala I think) had crept inside the post towards the end. I did think initally the first goal he was at fault but to be fair having seen MOTD it was sweet strike and he was relatively unsighted. Janelt shanking his clearance is more culpable for that unfortunate sequence…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom