agree.Clearly his confidence has taken a knock but Flekken's long passing ability is going to be way more important to us now Toney is back. Wissa and Maupay are never going to win many headers competing against defenders.
You really do need to see that to have a proper view of it. No chance for him.He was blameless for their second, but I feel that he was not yet focussed on the game for the first. Although Vitaly did f*** it up royally, Flekken did seem to just stand there and watch it fly by. However - and a big however - my seat is in N126, so i have yet to see how it looked from behind the goal.
I thought he had a good game. If you're blaming him for that early goal you need to look up confirmation bias.
That is my only issue with him, seems to be wrong footed a fair amount (which is probably why he looks rooted to the spot rather than aimlessly diving)No chance for either goal. He still concerns me a bit though, seems to gamble on which side a shot is going and takes a little step one way then if it goes the other way he's rooted to the spot
For which Trafford dived at fully length and got a touch on it, IIRCWas just a great goal unfortunately , similar to Ghoddos v Burnley
I watched the Luton game back recently and he definitely was wrong footed a bit for that goal. But on one angle it looked like the goal scorer wasn't actually aiming for the side that it went in. ??That is my only issue with him, seems to be wrong footed a fair amount (which is probably why he looks rooted to the spot rather than aimlessly diving)
Completely agree. It goes without saying that we all want him to do well, and the interview was revealing, but without meaning to be harsh, to be undisputed number one in a premier league football club you have to be one of the best 20, (but realistically 30 - 40) goalkeepers in the world, and he unfortunately isn’t.Of course every Bees fan wants Flekken do do well. But, imo, he does not inspire confidence, he does not come for crosses, his positioning is somtimes poor and he punches rather than catches
He must also be the most static goalkeeper I have seen in the PL.
Pretty much every goal conceded he remains completely rooted to the turf.
I really think we need better....
Crowd scene in front of him. He was unsighted.He was blameless for their second, but I feel that he was not yet focussed on the game for the first. Although Vitaly did f*** it up royally, Flekken did seem to just stand there and watch it fly by. However - and a big however - my seat is in N126, so i have yet to see how it looked from behind the goal.
OK, I'll take that. Need to see the other views.You really do need to see that to have a proper view of it. No chance for him.
He had a mate sitting in the Railway Seats.Will the ****** who sits right at the back of S102 in the south stand and mouths off about Flekken for the entire game, even cheering sarcastically when he catches the ball, please own up if you are on here.
The punch in the first half was quiet a good one imo..,he does seem to have no chance with any goal we ever concede though
No one criticised Raya for his supersonic dives when he knew he had no chance of saving a shot … not really sure what your point is, but I’m not a huge fan of a keeper who likes to play statuesJust wondering, did anyone else think.Turner looked like an absolute p***k diving for that ball he had no chance of getting to?
Im sure he made a few of his fans happy doing it though ?
You could always watch Everton, where Pickford the Drama Queen throws himself at shots that are more saveable by spectators in the crowd.I’m not a huge fan of a keeper who likes to play statues
This is how some of our fans want Flekken to behave, LOL....
View: https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/19bjf7x/watford_goalkeeper_attempt_at_saving_shot/?ref=share&ref_source=link
Exactly. Needs to be more nimble on his feet.
He's in the middle of the f***ing goal! Where to you want him to stand, on the post?Exactly.
Don’t get aggressive please.He's in the middle of the f***ing goal! Where to you want him to stand, on the post?
Neither will a bottom 6 clubHe's an average keeper, I can't remember one game where I thought he saved us some points.
No top six team are going to be banging on our door for his services
Totally agree. He should and could have reacted better. Maybe not saved but got close. We can and should do better in the summer. He is indeed 'average' at best for the PL: simply not quite good enough.Just watched motd. Got to be honest, our keeper was positioned not too far from that first goal. It was struck from a fair distance too. I think he should have reacted. I think he could have saved it. Interesting point above about the planting of his feet.
I think we're going to have bigger priorities such as replacing Ivan. I reckon we'd give Flekken another season tbhWe’ve got a big call to make this summer.
No context.
He's in the middle of the f***ing goal! Where to you want him to stand, on the post?
Agree. Like you, watched it last night and wouldn't say this was a 'zero chance save' as was described yesterday by many. Of course, the defence are to blame for the goal, but again, he is rooted to the spot with seemingly little anticipation.Just watched motd. Got to be honest, our keeper was positioned not too far from that first goal. It was struck from a fair distance too. I think he should have reacted. I think he could have saved it. Interesting point above about the planting of his feet.
Give PL attackers enough time and space on the ball and they'll find the corners every timeAgree. Like you, watched it last night and wouldn't say this was a 'zero chance save' as was described yesterday by many. Of course, the defence are to blame for the goal, but again, he is rooted to the spot with seemingly little anticipation.
I 'm not one for saying dive for the hell of it. But it does seem a remarkable coincidence that every shot lately is 'unstoppable.' The opposition strikers are being very lucky hitting the corners every time!I
Most of our defence are now back, so I'm expecting improvements from both him and them now.
It’s also the shots that go just wide.I want him to be on his toes, anticipating the action coming up. Sure, he won't save everything including yesterday but the number of times a goal has just been waved in suggest to me that something is awry - his reactions, his concentration - who knows?
The keeper should know the ball's going there then.Give PL attackers enough time and space on the ball and they'll find the corners every time
I noticed this on MOTD in the slow motions, he seems flat footed, on his heels a lot. If we see it so will the gk coach. Hopefully we will see an improvement soon.I want him to be on his toes, anticipating the action coming up. Sure, he won't save everything including yesterday but the number of times a goal has just been waved in suggest to me that something is awry - his reactions, his concentration - who knows?
Indeed. Imagine if the shot by Forest (Mangala I think) had crept inside the post towards the end. I did think initally the first goal he was at fault but to be fair having seen MOTD it was sweet strike and he was relatively unsighted. Janelt shanking his clearance is more culpable for that unfortunate sequence…It’s also the shots that go just wide.
He never seems to make a move towards the ball and I don’t think it’s because he has uncanny levels of anticipation.
Often he seems to put his weight on the other foot so he cannot move towards the ball.
It’s hard to put it into words but it just doesn’t look right.
Over position yourself one way, they'll go the other. The hard life of a goalkeeperThe keeper should know the ball's going there then.