Matchday Programme 22/23

Matchday Programme 22/23

Didn’t see one seller between Kew Bridge Station and our entrance in the south stand. Usually there are three in this area.
Not sure why they have done this, last season from Kew Bridge there were 3 or 4 sellers but now only 1 with a massive queue so gave it a swerve which I can imagine many more did also
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

They have made it impossible to buy. The queue was ludicrous. I was told by a quite stunning young lady helper that they were on sale inside the East stand, which they weren’t, so I missed out on a souvenir of a quite incredible day.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

They have made it impossible to buy. The queue was ludicrous. I was told by a quite stunning young lady helper that they were on sale inside the East stand, which they weren’t, so I missed out on a souvenir of a quite incredible day.
The key for me, is that this is a very serious change, all of which has been done with zero consultation. As fans what is our preferred method of signalling this disquiet professionally to the club? We fans seem to have been subject to an “experiment” without any warning at all. Is this going to be the future of BFC\fan relations? So poor, on a day when the on-field team hit such heights. Is this a permanent change, or just crown control for MU?

To provide balance, my own experience wasn’t too bad. On seeing the humongous queues outside the dugout area, I simply walked on to the merchandise booth, which had become a Programmesellers outlet ( ie few were buying merchandise - almost entirely programmes). But the queue wasn’t too long. 5min wait, not too disastrous.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

The key for me, is that this is a very serious change, all of which has been done with zero consultation. As fans what is our preferred method of signalling this disquiet professionally to the club? We fans seem to have been subject to an “experiment” without any warning at all. Is this going to be the future of BFC\fan relations? So poor, on a day when the on-field team hit such heights. Is this a permanent change, or just crown control for MU?

To provide balance, my own experience wasn’t too bad. On seeing the humongous queues outside the dugout area, I simply walked on to the merchandise booth, which had become a Programmesellers outlet ( ie few were buying merchandise - almost entirely programmes). But the queue wasn’t too long. 5min wait, not too disastrous.

I must have picked a bad time, as that queue was equally long.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

The key for me, is that this is a very serious change, all of which has been done with zero consultation. As fans what is our preferred method of signalling this disquiet professionally to the club? We fans seem to have been subject to an “experiment” without any warning at all. Is this going to be the future of BFC\fan relations? So poor, on a day when the on-field team hit such heights. Is this a permanent change, or just crown control for MU?

To provide balance, my own experience wasn’t too bad. On seeing the humongous queues outside the dugout area, I simply walked on to the merchandise booth, which had become a Programmesellers outlet ( ie few were buying merchandise - almost entirely programmes). But the queue wasn’t too long. 5min wait, not too disastrous.

They were also available at the merchandise stall in the Dug Out bar. But people don't neccesarily know about those alternative sales points. They need to be much more visible. Buying a programme is still an essential part of the matchday experience for many. It makes no sense to lavish a lot of time and care on what is a very good product and then make it so difficult for people to actually buy it.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Are they trying to eradicate people buying them on the day? Seen one seller - long queues with well over and hour to go.
There was a massive queue coming over the bridge in Lionel Road about an hour before the game, surely making it card only is making it longer to purchase.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Are they trying to eradicate people buying them on the day? Seen one seller - long queues with well over and hour to go.
Same as the Betis game. Just the one on the bridge.
The usual sellers opposite the club shop and by the bicycle rack in the NW corner were not there.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

There was a massive queue coming over the bridge in Lionel Road about an hour before the game, surely making it card only is making it longer to purchase.
Much longer than it was at GP and New Road only had the one seller outside
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

It was ludicrous yesterday. I'd rather the club just came out and said we want to discourage them being bought at the game. Why change from last year?
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

I can only echo what everyone else has put here with regards to reduced selling points, longer queues, time to process the transaction very long, added frustration and missed opportunities from the club.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Did arrive later than planned yesterday, but was surprised by the queue near the South/West stand. Heard people complaining to a nearby helper, who did say that they had passed on the negative feedback. Although I'm sure the helper could have been put to better use helping to reduce the queue. The helper did mention they were on sale in the West stand, but certainly couldn't find them. My kid was upset as he likes to collect the players signatures. Surprisingly, the merch kiosk outside was still selling them after the game - saw quite a few being brought. Good result on and off the pitch (eventually).
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20220814_092447344.jpg
    IMG_20220814_092447344.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24

Matchday Programme 22/23

One seller by the ticket office called Alex.
Trying his best,but I do believe they would sooner us either subscribe or pre purchase paying 4.95 for Post.
The here to help girl was trying to appease everyone,but 20 minutes waiting was a joke.
I did say this is not good enough and it would be passed on to who ever.
I doubt that they will listen tbh as it certainly does not look like a priority.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

One seller by the ticket office called Alex.
Trying his best,but I do believe they would sooner us either subscribe or pre purchase paying 4.95 for Post.
The here to help girl was trying to appease everyone,but 20 minutes waiting was a joke.
I did say this is not good enough and it would be passed on to who ever.
I doubt that they will listen tbh as it certainly does not look like a priority.
Unfair position to put relatively low paid colleagues in. One person dealing with hundreds of disgruntled supporters.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Got mine in dugout at the new little pop up merchandise area.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

There was a massive queue coming over the bridge in Lionel Road about an hour before the game, surely making it card only is making it longer to purchase.
It should be quicker really but they have the wrong kit where they have to t in the purchase price etc.

Something like this would solve it as it is a fixed price so none of the added actions, just tap.

 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Half an hour queue. People getting to the front to be told card only. Programme contact was not all that with pages and pages given to other Premiership teams. The club needs to up there game yet again off the pitch.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Got there early to buy the new 3rd kit and bought the program from the Superstore. No queue at all (but it was about half past two). I like the new prog. Would have made a nice momento even if we hadn't blown 'the World's Biggest Club' away. Now it's priceless!
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

It should be quicker really but they have the wrong kit where they have to t in the purchase price etc.

Something like this would solve it as it is a fixed price so none of the added actions, just tap.

Yes I was thinking this - fixed price with multiple taps for multiple copies.

Maybe position a few a little further out - On Kew Bridge / walk from Gunnersbury.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Perhaps the club just need to highlight the programme sellers on the ground map so that people know where to go rather than join the queue at the first outlet they come across.

There was a Merch stand in the North Stand smoking area. I have no idea if they sold programmes but if they do and I knew that in advance then I wouldn't need to waste time queueing at the South Stand seller or the other Merch kiosk.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Non programmes for sale in the D Area of the south Stand so we have no choice,but to queue up outside.
I also understand no sellers in the away section either.
I was told 8 sellers on Saturday.
I saw one.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Non programmes for sale in the D Area of the south Stand so we have no choice,but to queue up outside.
I also understand no sellers in the away section either.
I was told 8 sellers on Saturday.
I saw one.
Let's see if we can get all 8:

I saw / know of

Outside South Stand
Merch Kiosk on corner of South/West
Club Shop
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Hi, is it possible to buy a copy online anywhere? I took my son to his first game and want to get him it as a memory. I didn’t see a physical sale point on the day.

thanks.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

I asked in the globe afterwards if they had any but the barmaid didn’t have a clue what I was on about, have they stopped selling them now? Was a handy way to get them a few years ago.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Non programmes for sale in the D Area of the south Stand so we have no choice,but to queue up outside.
I also understand no sellers in the away section either.
I was told 8 sellers on Saturday.
I saw one.
Absolutely no chance there was 8. Unless they're including 4 tills in the club shop?
Saw a huge queue at the top of the bridge behind the West Stand, turned straight around to the club shop with zero queues. Happy days.

Got asked 3 or 4 times inside the stadium where I managed to get a programme from so clearly something wrong
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Absolutely no chance there was 8. Unless they're including 4 tills in the club shop?
Saw a huge queue at the top of the bridge behind the West Stand, turned straight around to the club shop with zero queues. Happy days.

Got asked 3 or 4 times inside the stadium where I managed to get a programme from so clearly something wrong
The here to help told me so.
She would have been better off taking the card reader and walking up the queue taking payments.you collect the programme.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Did arrive later than planned yesterday, but was surprised by the queue near the South/West stand. Heard people complaining to a nearby helper, who did say that they had passed on the negative feedback. Although I'm sure the helper could have been put to better use helping to reduce the queue. The helper did mention they were on sale in the West stand, but certainly couldn't find them. My kid was upset as he likes to collect the players signatures. Surprisingly, the merch kiosk outside was still selling them after the game - saw quite a few being brought. Good result on and off the pitch (eventually).
What is the point of an army of here-to-help helpers if the club cannot (be bothered to) issue a statement in advance of a match of a clear change in policy and process they were intending to implement? is it acceptable to treat 10,000-17,000 fans as Guinea-pigs, keeping them in the dark about something the club had decided to do. Even if the idea was to promote selling of programmes via the Merch Kiosk and Shop, surely fans should have been told/warned.

Hopefully the club will have the decency to implement a swift post-mortem review to identify what steps went wrong with this “experiment”, with a view to learning what could be done better when implementing future changes (affecting thousands of fans).
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Perhaps the club just need to highlight the programme sellers on the ground map so that people know where to go rather than join the queue at the first outlet they come across.

There was a Merch stand in the North Stand smoking area. I have no idea if they sold programmes but if they do and I knew that in advance then I wouldn't need to waste time queueing at the South Stand seller or the other Merch kiosk.
We knew where to go based off last season. 3 stands selling, now just the 1 on the bridge.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

We knew where to go based off last season. 3 stands selling, now just the 1 on the bridge.
Don't really get your point unless it's basically "Why change?"

The fact is it has changed and, unless the job of a here-to-helper is to make stuff up, there were 8 outlets.

If we knew where they were, there wouldn't be such a logjam at the South Stand.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Didn't manage to get one, for all the same reasons mentioned. Would be good if you can buy past issues in the club shop in future to save on postage costs.

I wonder if the cover is a nod to The United Review with an illustration of player and fan/s. Slightly more gladiatorial though!
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Don't really get your point unless it's basically "Why change?"

The fact is it has changed and, unless the job of a here-to-helper is to make stuff up, there were 8 outlets.

If we knew where they were, there wouldn't be such a logjam at the South Stand.
Yeah I don't get why they have changed it, there were 3 stalls selling them on the walk from the clubshop to the NW corner. I presume there were at least another 2 for the East and South stands.
Now we have less sellers and card takes longer. Poor.
Pot luck whether you will get one in the ground too.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Yes I was thinking this - fixed price with multiple taps for multiple copies.

Maybe position a few a little further out - On Kew Bridge / walk from Gunnersbury.
There’s plenty that can be done. It just needs willing.
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

There’s plenty that can be done. It just needs willing.
What happened to the one at top of stairs once off the Invo Express ?
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

They have made it impossible to buy. The queue was ludicrous. I was told by a quite stunning young lady helper that they were on sale inside the East stand, which they weren’t, so I missed out on a souvenir of a quite incredible day.
Was that Lara or Laura?
Totally agree about your description
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Matchday Programme 22/23

waiting to print out a receipt every time. Ridiculous. I've been told that any left over programmes from the Legends lounge which are free for members, get binned.
#sustainability

Should sell those in the club shop after the game (for a week/til after next home game?). Would probably cover the extra postage cost for the subscription buyers with some money left over, nice option for anyone who doesn't want to turn up 45mins early just to try find a programme seller & queue up for them and JV gets a nice new press run about BFC minimising waste.
Everyone's a winner!
 

Matchday Programme 22/23

Same here.
Just arrived, including poster. Haven't read it yet but content looks good after a quick flick through. Plenty of content it seems; will all issues be this size or is it a bumper start of season issue? Packaging seemed excessive though and not environmentally friendly - some sort of plastic-coated bubble wrap envelope.
 
Back
Top Bottom