NFL 08

NFL 08

Dallas 35-22 San Francisco 49ers had 303 yards passing, only 26 on the ground today! Tony Romo had a few more though.

Miami 28-48 New England :bound: Another stonking game from Matt Cassel. The way he concentrated on the receiver, not the pass rusher, reminded me of my hero Steve Grogan. It's only the decimated defence stopping New England from having another big season.

Tennessee 13-34 NY Jets :sad: I hate the Jets.

Baltimore 36-7 Philadelphia :eek: Zero points from the Eagles offence! 108 yard interception return from Ravens safety Ed Reed to seal the win. (video)

Even more shocking is the hammering the Bronco's took at home to the Raiders.

My fantasy team took a pounding. Should have picked Cassell. Instead I picked that old Duffer Cutler.
 

NFL 08

Even more shocking is the hammering the Bronco's took at home to the Raiders.

My fantasy team took a pounding. Should have picked Cassell. Instead I picked that old Duffer Cutler.

:imwith:

I took out TO and put in Barber :( Forte restored some respectability but it was still another shocker.
 

NFL 08

So many points available this week, and I got just 83.

Michael Turner, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens alone scored more than that.

If you picked only Buffalo players you would have got 111.

:sad:
 

NFL 08

Shot himself in the thigh, in a nightclub. Allegedly. Plaxico Burress, that is, for those who don't click on untagged links. Maybe he was trying an alternative remedy for his hamstring injury.

stretcher.gif
 

NFL 08

Stonking fantasy score this week - over 150 I think. DeAngelo Williams, Thomas Jones, the entire Tennessee defence, take a bow. Only Dusty Keller failed to make double figures.

Doesn't make up for New England's second half implosion though. :sad:
 

NFL 08

Stonking fantasy score this week - over 150 I think. DeAngelo Williams, Thomas Jones, the entire Tennessee defence, take a bow. Only Dusty Keller failed to make double figures.

Doesn't make up for New England's second half implosion though. :sad:

Think there is a real chance that the Pats may not make the play-offs now.

Giants and Titans are the two outstanding sides, would not bet against them meeting in the superbowl.

Not done too badly this week in the league

QB- Romo
RB- Thomas Jones
RB - Chris Johnson
WR - Roddy White
WR - Terrell Owens
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Jason Elam
DEF - Tennesee
 

NFL 08

Did appallingly badly this week

Trent Edwards lasted half a game
Turner did OK
Ronnie Brown at least got a TD
TO got a TD
Lance Moore got a TD and very little else
Gates, Gostkowski and the Jets D all forgot to turn up I think

At the moment all roads to Tampa lead through Rutherford NJ or Nashville TN

NFC South looks like every week from here in has a do or die divisional game in it
 

NFL 08

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just.......... oh, it is a gun.

Think there is a real chance that the Pats may not make the play-offs now.

Giants and Titans are the two outstanding sides, would not bet against them meeting in the superbowl.

Not done too badly this week in the league

QB- Romo
RB- Thomas Jones
RB - Chris Johnson
WR - Roddy White
WR - Terrell Owens
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Jason Elam
DEF - Tennesee

Very similar to my team, about 145 I think.

I think the Patriots have to win their last 4 games to have a chance, but even that might not be enough as the Jets, Colts and Ravens all have easier run-ins.

I still think Pittsburgh will win the AFC though.
 

NFL 08

:yes: Just 166 points to catch up in 4 weeks, then I'm off to the Superbowl. Only I'm not resident in the UK, so not eligible. :(

Got to wonder just how many people are still actively taking part though.
 

NFL 08

:yes: Just 166 points to catch up in 4 weeks, then I'm off to the Superbowl. Only I'm not resident in the UK, so not eligible. :(

Got to wonder just how many people are still actively taking part though.

I guess you need to take risks and not pick the bleeding obvious.

Any tips for the forthcoming fixtures, lots of attractive looking match ups.

Peterson is a must I think.
 

NFL 08

OK, here's my Michael Fabiano impression.

I always start with RBs, as that's where the mega-points usually are. Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson stand out as the best match-ups this week.

Then team defence, usually between NYJ and TEN, but I've splashed the extra for MIN this week.

Then the passing game. No weather problems this week for the best match-ups, ARI, NO, NYJ, ATL, DEN, IND and NE.
QB - you need to have a damn good reason not to pick Warner or Brees. I might go for Matt Cassell though, because SEA are so bad against the pass at the moment.
WR - I avoid teams like NO and NYJ who share the receptions around. Also avoid teams who go to the ground when they get close. That leaves ARI. I would go for Boldin and Fitzgerald this week, but seeing Boldin on the injury list scares me. So it's Fitzgerald and either Randy Moss, Roddy White or Eddie Royal if I need to save money.
TE - I don't usually spend 3 mill on a TE but I think Gonzalez is the most likely to get TDs this week. If I have less money it'll be Scheffler or Keller.

Kicker is the hardest position to pick. You have to pick a team that's going to get into FG position a lot but then get stopped. I think that team will be ATL this week. Playing indoors is an added bonus. Elam has been on the injury list for a couple of weeks now, so that no longer scares me.

Then I see what the real Michael Fabiano has to say, and change it all round. :D

Now, add the hours I spend on my Liga Española fantasy team, and we can have poll about just how sad I am. :grey:
 

NFL 08

What great names, evocative of the civil war and the wild west. Arizona Outlaws, San Antonio Gunslingers etc.

Around that time we also had the WLAF, where I saw London Monarchs play Montreal Machine at Wembley. (I won the tickets by inventing a silly name - Luton Pillage I think.) Teams like Sacramento Surge and Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks also played in that league.
 

NFL 08

What great names, evocative of the civil war and the wild west. Arizona Outlaws, San Antonio Gunslingers etc.

Around that time we also had the WLAF, where I saw London Monarchs play Montreal Machine at Wembley. (I won the tickets by inventing a silly name - Luton Pillage I think.) Teams like Sacramento Surge and Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks also played in that league.

Not forgetting the Frankfurt Galaxy, Barcelona Dragons, NY/NJ Knights, San Antonio Riders and of course the Orlando Thunder with their fluorescent green shirts. I still have my Thunder shirt and I can still get into it, just!!:) Unlike my Monarchs sweatshirt.

The WLAF started c1990/91 as I went to see somes games with an unmentionable ex so it must have been between 90 & 92.

Would Pillage have been a better name for a team from Ripon?:fishing:
 

NFL 08

Would Pillage have been a better name for a team from Ripon?:fishing:

No, cos I won 2 free tickets with Luton Pillage. :shrug:

I preferred my other entry, the Fetcham Stretchers, but that must have gone right over their heads.

Another great competition winner (not mine) was the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Big Shirts. lol
 

NFL 08

Atlanta - New Orleans game was a cracker with half-a-dozen-odd lead changes. Have to feel for Matt Ryan putting in a performance like that and still coming up on the losing team.

My final FF line-up was:

QB: Manning
RB: A Peterson
RB: C Johnson
WR: Roddy White
WR: Terrell Owens
TE: Martellus Bennett
D: Titans

So far, so good. Need something big from the Cowboys offense.
 

NFL 08

Atlanta - New Orleans game was a cracker with half-a-dozen-odd lead changes. Have to feel for Matt Ryan putting in a performance like that and still coming up on the losing team.

My final FF line-up was:

QB: Manning
RB: A Peterson
RB: C Johnson
WR: Roddy White
WR: Terrell Owens
TE: Martellus Bennett
D: Titans

So far, so good. Need something big from the Cowboys offense.

Expected more from Peterson to be honest

QB: Cassell
RB: A Peterson
RB: T Jones
WR: A Boldin
WR: B Marshall
TE: Donald Lee
D: Titans
 

NFL 08

TO yet to get a reception. I was hoping the Cowboys would throw a lot due to the RB injuries but should've guessed it would be tough in Pittsburgh at this time of year.

A lot of empty seats in Toronto....
 

NFL 08

TO on the board with a 12-yd TD catch.

157 yards total now for Choice. Gonna be some running game when Barber, Choice and F.Jones are all fit.
 
Last edited:

NFL 08

I think I got a decent 110.

New England keep their slim play-off hopes alive by sneaking past Seattle. An Indianapolis defeat to Cincinatti was a bit much to hope for.

Cracking game in Pittsburgh. 13-13 at the 2-minute warning. The best I've seen Dallas play this season.

Edit: Steelers defence wins it as I type.
 

NFL 08

I think I got a decent 110.

New England keep their slim play-off hopes alive by sneaking past Seattle. An Indianapolis defeat to Cincinatti was a bit much to hope for.

Cracking game in Pittsburgh. 13-13 at the 2-minute warning. The best I've seen Dallas play this season.

Edit: Steelers defence wins it as I type.

Nice to see the Niners playing tough for Singletary, a win to dent the Jets hope, I have a feeling New England will sneak through, winning that division.

Hopeless effort from my fantasy line-up, I wonder who picked Brian Westbrook ?
 

NFL 08

Anyone got a spare running back for Denver?

Peyton Hillis is out for the season with a hamstring injury - that's 5 running backs out for the season, plus Selvin Young who's injured but not on IR.

That just leaves Tatum Bell, who was a mobile phone salesman until 4 weeks ago.
 

NFL 08

I think I got a decent 110.

New England keep their slim play-off hopes alive by sneaking past Seattle. An Indianapolis defeat to Cincinatti was a bit much to hope for.

Cracking game in Pittsburgh. 13-13 at the 2-minute warning. The best I've seen Dallas play this season.

Edit: Steelers defence wins it as I type.

Peyton Hillis is out for the season with a hamstring injury - that's 5 running backs out for the season, plus Selvin Young who's injured but not on IR.

That just leaves Tatum Bell, who was a mobile phone salesman until 4 weeks ago.

Shaun Alexander is a free agent, they could always give him a call !

Even with him in the side Denver are still pretty one dimenensional.

I think Carolina are a real pretender to the Super Bowl crown, expect them to meet the Giants in the NFC Championship game, did not expect their running backs to gash a strong Tampa Bay defense like they did.

I wonder what the odds are on a Manning vs Manning superbowl.
 

NFL 08

Shaun Alexander is a free agent, they could always give him a call !

Even with him in the side Denver are still pretty one dimenensional.

I think Carolina are a real pretender to the Super Bowl crown, expect them to meet the Giants in the NFC Championship game, did not expect their running backs to gash a strong Tampa Bay defense like they did.

I wonder what the odds are on a Manning vs Manning superbowl.

I would expect the following to make the play-offs

AFC
1 - Titans
2 - Steelers
3 - Dolphins
4 - Broncos
5 - Colts
6 - Ravens

Would not rule out the Pats making No 6 seed

NFC

1 - Giants
2 - Panthers
3 - Cardinals
4 - Bears
5 - Bucs
6 - Falcons

Cowboys miss out :)
 

NFL 08

I would expect the following to make the play-offs

AFC
1 - Titans
2 - Steelers
3 - Dolphins
4 - Broncos
5 - Colts
6 - Ravens

Would not rule out the Pats making No 6 seed

NFC

1 - Giants
2 - Panthers
3 - Cardinals
4 - Bears
5 - Bucs
6 - Falcons

Cowboys miss out :)


Think I would agree with that, other than the Cowboys, but then again I am baised:D

Are the Jets still top of the AFC East? If so that may be some fall for them
 

NFL 08

Only 104. Robbed of 2 forced fumbles from the Minnesota D :sad:

Still:
nfl-wk15.jpg


:bound:
 

NFL 08

Only scored 83 points this week, Thomas Jones let me down badly, but as a 49ers fan I was delighted.

Tips for this week ?

One better than me.

Randy Moss, Greg Jennings and Dallas Clark combined for a whopping 20 points

Good job I had Chris Johnson and the the Jets D!
 

NFL 08

Here's my provisional team for this week.

RB Westbrook PHI, Williams CAR
QB Warner ARI
WR Fitzgerald ARI, Smith CAR
TE Carlson SEA
K Hartley NO
D NYJ

It's the first time I've chosen a running back and a receiver from the same team, but Carolina v Denver is an irresistible match up.

I'd like to pick the Baltimore defence against Pittsburgh, but it costs 3 million.
 

NFL 08

Here's my provisional team for this week.

RB Westbrook PHI, Williams CAR
QB Warner ARI
WR Fitzgerald ARI, Smith CAR
TE Carlson SEA
K Hartley NO
D NYJ

It's the first time I've chosen a running back and a receiver from the same team, but Carolina v Denver is an irresistible match up.

I'd like to pick the Baltimore defence against Pittsburgh, but it costs 3 million.


Would the Carolina D be worth a punt as I can see that Denver might be a tad one dimensional this week?
 

NFL 08

Dunno, Cutler always comes out passing, and yet is one of the least sacked quarter backs in the league. I picked the Jets because I think Buffalo will be forced into a lot of awkward passing situations. On the other hand, I might trade up to the Philadelphia D.
 

NFL 08

Here's my provisional team for this week.

RB Westbrook PHI, Williams CAR
QB Warner ARI
WR Fitzgerald ARI, Smith CAR
TE Carlson SEA
K Hartley NO
D NYJ

It's the first time I've chosen a running back and a receiver from the same team, but Carolina v Denver is an irresistible match up.

I'd like to pick the Baltimore defence against Pittsburgh, but it costs 3 million.


I have gone with

QB Warner -ARI
RB Westbrook -PHI
RB Turner - ATL
WR Smith - CAR
WR Bryant - TB
TE - Scaiffe - TEN
K - Kasey - CAR
DEF - TEN

Was tempted to go with the Giants D, think Dallas will have been shaken by their collapse against the Steelers and Owens mouthing off won't have helped team harmony.
 

NFL 08

Shaun Alexander is a free agent, they could always give him a call !

Even with him in the side Denver are still pretty one dimenensional.

I was going to say Alexander was signed by the Redskins just before the trading deadline but I see he lasted 6 weeks there before getting cut. Chances are he isn't the answer for any but the most desperate of teams. The suspicions about his performances in the past is that they were entirely dependent on the line - his yardage dropped considerably after Hutchinson left for Minnesota.
 

NFL 08

Call the play:

You're 13-12 down at the 2-minute warning, and you've got 4th and 3 at the opponents' 32 yard line. Your kicker is 4 of 4 with a longest of 51 yards. Do you go for it, or do you attempt a 49 yard FG?

Tennessee went for it and lost 13-12. Not so important for them, but I had Rob Bironas in my fantasy team. :sad:


Double :sad: :sad:. Jets and Dolphins win close ones.

Baltimore v Pittsburgh on the telly now, should be a cracker. I splashed the cash on the Baltimore defence to give it extra interest.
 

NFL 08

Call the play:

You're 13-12 down at the 2-minute warning, and you've got 4th and 3 at the opponents' 32 yard line. Your kicker is 4 of 4 with a longest of 51 yards. Do you go for it, or do you attempt a 49 yard FG?

Tennessee went for it and lost 13-12. Not so important for them, but I had Rob Bironas in my fantasy team. :sad:


Double :sad: :sad:. Jets and Dolphins win close ones.

Baltimore v Pittsburgh on the telly now, should be a cracker. I splashed the cash on the Baltimore defence to give it extra interest.

Won't pick Arizona players again, they've obviously had one big piss up after winning their division.
 

NFL 08

Me too, spoiled an otherwise decent week. 93, I think. Still, if Westbrook does well you're on for a big, big score.

There's a serious chance Baltimore won't make the playoffs, even though they could flatten anyone in the AFC East or West. Their 5 defeats have all been to teams with a 10-4 record or better (Giants, Tennessee, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh twice). Miami haven't even played a 10-4 team, the Jets have played 1 and New England have played 2.

2 big battles for home advantage in the playoffs this weekend:
Giants v Carolina
Tennessee v Pittburgh

Dallas v Baltimore should be a bruiser, too.
 

NFL 08

Me too, spoiled an otherwise decent week. 93, I think. Still, if Westbrook does well you're on for a big, big score.

There's a serious chance Baltimore won't make the playoffs, even though they could flatten anyone in the AFC East or West. Their 5 defeats have all been to teams with a 10-4 record or better (Giants, Tennessee, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh twice). Miami haven't even played a 10-4 team, the Jets have played 1 and New England have played 2.

2 big battles for home advantage in the playoffs this weekend:
Giants v Carolina
Tennessee v Pittburgh

Dallas v Baltimore should be a bruiser, too.


111 for me I think

Rough calcs

Brees 13
Williams 14
Steve Smith (the Panthers one) 23
Tony Gonzalez 12
Chris Johnson 6
Roddy White 6
Elam 7
NYJ 30

Shame I let head rule heart as I think the Dallas D may hve outscored the Jets D
 

NFL 08

Anyone care to explain why Ronnie Brown is going to the Pro-Bowl, but not Steve Slaton. :mad1:

Brian Westbrook, DeAngelo Williams and Brandon Jacobs miss out too, but the competition is much tougher for RBs in the NFC. (Peterson, Portis and Turner were selected.)

The other pick the experts are going on about is Brett Favre over Philip Rivers. Seems to have been a nostalgia vote.

Full rosters

Not going to Hawaii
 

NFL 08

Anyone care to explain why Ronnie Brown is going to the Pro-Bowl, but not Steve Slaton. :mad1:

Brian Westbrook, DeAngelo Williams and Brandon Jacobs miss out too, but the competition is much tougher for RBs in the NFC. (Peterson, Portis and Turner were selected.)

The other pick the experts are going on about is Brett Favre over Philip Rivers. Seems to have been a nostalgia vote.

Full rosters

Not going to Hawaii


Whoever coaches the AFC likes the Wildcat formation ?:fishing:

I sometimes think that some of the people who vote

a) like certain teams/players
b) don't like certain teams/players
c) hear players names callled a lot by announcers and figure that they must be doing a lot of good work whereas the players that do the real dirty work in the trenches go unnoticed
d) Lechler probably got in because he has had so much practice and the muffed punt the other week did not count against him:)
 

NFL 08

Any tips on this weeks game, seems to be a lot of favourable match-ups again.

Should one take a gamble and pick Houston players (Schaub, Slaton and Johnson all attractive picks).

Or pick the tried and tested (Expect Peterson to have a big day).

What about Pierre Thomas vs the Lions, now that Bush is done for the season ?

I actually think the Lions may break their duck, Saints have nothing to play for.
 

NFL 08

Any tips on this weeks game, seems to be a lot of favourable match-ups again.

Should one take a gamble and pick Houston players (Schaub, Slaton and Johnson all attractive picks).

Or pick the tried and tested (Expect Peterson to have a big day).

What about Pierre Thomas vs the Lions, now that Bush is done for the season ?

I actually think the Lions may break their duck, Saints have nothing to play for.


Was thinking that Turner was a solid bet but then I checked the schedule.....
 
Back
Top Bottom