Rico Henry

Rico Henry

Don‘t know if the fact he walked off unaided was a sign it might be a grade 1 or if I’m just clutching at straws

Would love you to be right but don’t think so unfortunately. Look at Norgaards injury, he not only walked off but tried to play on and was out for ages
 

Rico Henry

4-6 weeks? More than likely. ?
 

Rico Henry

Don‘t know if the fact he walked off unaided was a sign it might be a grade 1 or if I’m just clutching at straws
I like it but think it’s optimistic, I’ve seen players do that before and be out for weeks. Hamstring is never normally good is it.
 

Rico Henry

Mads Beck can play there plus a couple of others. I think we’ll miss him pushing up down the left though and hopefully it’s not too bad for him.

I see him play a times and he was good enough to provide cover.

I never want to see MBS at left back.

Let's all get together and get through this! ?
 

Rico Henry

I see him play a times and he was good enough to provide cover.

I never want to see MBS at left back.

Let's all get together and get through this! ?

He moved over when Henry went off and did an OK job. We just missed the runs Henry does as an overlapping wing back. As it happen, this allows Pinnock to go back to his original position that IMHO he’s best suited for and Reid in for a short period as right CB alternatively, I think Dalsgaard can cover right CB with Roeslev at right back.
 

Rico Henry

He moved over when Henry went off and did an OK job. We just missed the runs Henry does as an overlapping wing back. As it happen, this allows Pinnock to go back to his original position that IMHO he’s best suited for and Reid in for a short period as right CB alternatively, I think Dalsgaard can cover right CB with Roeslev at right back.
We missed Henry’s surging runs down the left but noticed Dalsgaard further forward on the right so maybe that’s the plan...
 

Rico Henry

Shame for him and for us - the worst part of today. I think a lot of us feared this was going to happen. Who will deputise for him?

Rico the last couple of games has been running on empty and the injury did seem to have a strange inevitability about it :(. All we can hop is that it's not a bad one.....
 

Rico Henry

Was hoping to read positive news on this and I am going to try and stay positive and await the news. I would say that Roerslev has to be the guy to cover in Rico's absence. We need someone that can bring the ball out a provide an attacking outlet which Roerslev will do better than Mads Bech
 

Rico Henry

Rico the last couple of games has been running on empty and the injury did seem to have a strange inevitability about it :(. All we can hop is that it's not a bad one.....

Agree, I think his form has dropped in the last few weeks and you can see mistakes have been creeping into his game. If this injury is not too bad and he is only out for a relatively short while then his enforced rest may be to our advantage in the longer season run in. In the meantime TF will have to adjust the team tactically to meet the absence of his surging runs (unless he puts Mads R in there). Would not be unhappy to see MBS in the role though if needed as it would give us greater height and strength in our defence even if we miss Rico's flair.
 

Rico Henry

I hope we sign up Winston Reid full time, very experienced player & quality...
 

Rico Henry

If Rico Henry is absent for a number of weeks I hope that Christian Norgaard is fit to return soon to play in the holding midfield role and that would allow Vitaly Janelt to play in Rico's position as he's naturally left footed, strong and athletic and could provide an attacking outlet when required that Mads Bech Sorenson couldn't in that position as he's a natural central defender. Until Pontus Jannson is ready to return I'd play Winston Reid as the right sided centre back and Ethan Pinnock in his natural left sided centre back position where he looks much more comfortable.
 

Rico Henry

If the last few games are to go by, Rico has several times sat down rubbing his leg.
Twice before the injury yesterday it happened.
He has looked knackered and I said to myself that " Rico is an injury in the waiting".....then boom!

If we have all seen/noticed it happening, why has it not shown up in the fitness figures that everyone talks about?
Yesterday was an ideal opportunity to have rested him, after all Henrik, Josh and Tarique were all benched.
Hindsight I know but possibly it would have meant an injury avoided?
Get well soon Rico.
 

Rico Henry

If Rico Henry is absent for a number of weeks I hope that Christian Norgaard is fit to return soon to play in the holding midfield role and that would allow Vitaly Janelt to play in Rico's position as he's naturally left footed, strong and athletic and could provide an attacking outlet when required that Mads Bech Sorenson couldn't in that position as he's a natural central defender. Until Pontus Jannson is ready to return I'd play Winston Reid as the right sided centre back and Ethan Pinnock in his natural left sided centre back position where he looks much more comfortable.
Agree with this 100%. Think we would be solid defensively and could allow Henrik so push further forward on the right...
 

Rico Henry

If Rico Henry is absent for a number of weeks I hope that Christian Norgaard is fit to return soon to play in the holding midfield role and that would allow Vitaly Janelt to play in Rico's position as he's naturally left footed, strong and athletic and could provide an attacking outlet when required that Mads Bech Sorenson couldn't in that position as he's a natural central defender. Until Pontus Jannson is ready to return I'd play Winston Reid as the right sided centre back and Ethan Pinnock in his natural left sided centre back position where he looks much more comfortable.
Good call. As we’ve seen Norgaard training on the grass over the last couple of weeks, he can’t be too far away from a return which would be a huge plus for us. The same for Marcondes hopefully.
 

Rico Henry

I know he appeared to need a little coaching during the game but was Fin Stevens playing LB v Leicester to see if he could cover for Rico. If it wasnt for that reason it seems a wasted opportunity to test a replacement
 

Rico Henry

The wide variety of temporary solutions being proposed unfortunately makes it even clearer what a problem this is
 

Rico Henry

The fact that they let Thompson go out on loan would suggest that they trust Stevens to cover
 

Rico Henry

The fact that they let Thompson go out on loan would suggest that they trust Stevens to cover

I don't think Thompson is very highly rated and the Swindon move an opportunity to further assess him playing regularly, which I suspect will be a make or break for him in relation to featuring for us on his return.

I would be amazed if young Stevens is seen as the cover, no disrespect to him as I think he has potential, but I would guess one of MBS, Vitaly or Roerslov would be well ahead of Stevens at the moment in deputising for Rico.
 

Rico Henry

When it comes to naturally left-sided naturally defensive players at the club, all we've got is Sorensen, Janelt and Gordon. All other full backs are right-sided.
 

Rico Henry

When it comes to naturally left-sided naturally defensive players at the club, all we've got is Sorensen, Janelt and Gordon. All other full backs are right-sided.
Pinnock
 

Rico Henry

When it comes to naturally left-sided naturally defensive players at the club, all we've got is Sorensen, Janelt and Gordon. All other full backs are right-sided.
Bryan is left sided playing on the right. I’m left handed, but stronger on my right leg. Pro players may have a preference but should be confident to play wherever Thomas puts them.
 

Rico Henry

Not a defensive player!
I was contradicting the need for a left footed player to play on the left. Look where King Kev ended up. A defensive position he didn’t expect to play. Players should be confident to adapt. Many have.
 

Rico Henry


What is up with our players?!

We’ve got Jensen riding in the Tour of UAE, Reid moonlighting as an electrician, who’s next?

Ivan on The Voice? Sergi on Masterchef? Pontus plastering someone’s ceiling? Ethan trying out for the London Lions? Norgaard playing an extra in Vikings?
?
Brentford are obviously not paying enough!!?

Sort it out Benham!!! Stop trousering the cash to buy some Villa on the side of Lake Geneva!! ?
 

Rico Henry

I was contradicting the need for a left footed player to play on the left. Look where King Kev ended up. A defensive position he didn’t expect to play. Players should be confident to adapt. Many have.

Ah right, well yeah, sure, though left back in the Brentford system seems to be a more specialised position than it appears, as we're seeing right now!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vid

Rico Henry

Go back to 5 at the back for a couple of games, Dalsgaard, Reid, Pinnock, Sorensen, Fosu. Might tighten up the defence and also help mask the lack of Rico as Fosu can bomb forward.
 

Rico Henry

Go back to 5 at the back for a couple of games, Dalsgaard, Reid, Pinnock, Sorensen, Fosu. Might tighten up the defence and also help mask the lack of Rico as Fosu can bomb forward.

I agree with this, to just play pinnock or MBS down that side would be awful, they would get done for pace most times and would offer nothing going forward. It’s ok for last 15 minutes of a game but not from the start. I think Pinnock and Mads are great CB’s but that’s where they are meant to play. I know in his younger years Pinnock played in several positions but he’s definitely found his best one and couldn’t imagine him anywhere else.
 

Rico Henry

What is up with our players?!

We’ve got Jensen riding in the Tour of UAE, Reid moonlighting as an electrician, who’s next?

Ivan on The Voice? Sergi on Masterchef? Pontus plastering someone’s ceiling? Ethan trying out for the London Lions? Norgaard playing an extra in Vikings?
?
Brentford are obviously not paying enough!!?

Sort it out Benham!!! Stop trousering the cash to buy some Villa on the side of Lake Geneva!! ?
There's also Josh DaSilva playing cricket for the West Indies.
 

Rico Henry

Has there been any news? It looked more than a pull to me, he went down like he had been hit by a sniper so not optimistic.
 

Rico Henry

Has there been any news? It looked more than a pull to me, he went down like he had been hit by a sniper so not optimistic.
I'd expect it'll get a mention in today's presser.
 

Rico Henry

Has there been any news? It looked more than a pull to me, he went down like he had been hit by a sniper so not optimistic.

It looked bad but i thought he walked off " not too bad " if that makes any sense.
 

Rico Henry

Indeed...it didn't look a good one and that has confirmed it. Our style may have to evolve somewhat..
 

Rico Henry

Back for the last two games and potentially the play offs, at best....
 

Rico Henry

Not surprised. 4-6 was best. 8-10 weeks expected. Hamstring tears take a little while to repair themselves. Gutted. ☹️
 
Back
Top Bottom