Rico Henry

Rico Henry

Great news but i'm not expecting too much too soon. He's had a bad injury and it will take a number of games to get up to full speed. Ease him in for a few games off the bench before a full start. Patience.
100%. I can't see how anyone could be out for over a year with a serious injury and not take a fair while to get fully back to previous levels.

No need to rush him and risk further injury IMO.
 

Rico Henry

Ironically he’s coming back when we have started to cope without our first choice full backs! Still need his left foot and speed in the team!
 

Rico Henry

Agree on all points. For the Wednesday game, urge fans to attend the game. Not only could we see Rico back and give him a rousing welcome back but a great chance for us to reach the quarter finals. The players deserve our support.
Blimey is it Wednesday? I had it down for Tuesday. 7.45 ko or has TV buggered it?
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
Today was the game that 100% completely answered your questions. My answer is YES and fundamentally important to our structure in so many ways.
 

Rico Henry

Curious if anyone else thought, playing 4 massive defenders and KLP, will Rico get back in the team? I know we love him. Does he fit the current structure or will it create a week point size wise?
Current structure? It is definitely a scructure that TF is forced to have. Do you really believe our current defensive structure is the best we have because they are massive players? you might be right, if it was a basketball team.:bounce:I think you have forgotten how important Rico is to this team and TF style of play.
 

Rico Henry

PL Cup game v Derby - I guess Rico could make an appearance if we think he is ready to get some game time under his belt
 

Rico Henry

PL Cup game v Derby - I guess Rico could make an appearance if we think he is ready to get some game time under his belt
He’s eligible as an over-age player… I’m not sure about playing him in an U-21 Cup game that might get a bit tasty, though.
 

Rico Henry

Ironically he’s coming back when we have started to cope without our first choice full backs! Still need his left foot and speed in the team!
I think it would be ironic if he came back just as meghoma had nailed the position. As it is we are still playing players out of position.... or would that be more of a coincidence ?
 

Rico Henry

Current structure? It is definitely a scructure that TF is forced to have. Do you really believe our current defensive structure is the best we have because they are massive players? you might be right, if it was a basketball team.:bounce:I think you have forgotten how important Rico is to this team and TF style of play.
Yes and no. With KLP on the left, we have a speed attack option who is also 5’3. Can rico and KLP play together in. 433 and in a 352?
I have questions not answers.
 

Rico Henry

Can rico and KLP play together in. 433 and in a 352?
The challenge is that neither are great crossers.

In my recollection, the best player to work with Henry has always been Jensen. They had a good understanding, with Jensen dropping back to give Henry freedom to bomb forward and also, when Janelt dropped into the LB position, Matti would be just inside Rico to receive a cut-back and cross instantly. Clearly now the personnel options are different but Rico plus a good crosser would make the best combination.
 

Rico Henry

The challenge is that neither are great crossers.

In my recollection, the best player to work with Henry has always been Jensen. They had a good understanding, with Jensen dropping back to give Henry freedom to bomb forward and also, when Janelt dropped into the LB position, Matti would be just inside Rico to receive a cut-back and cross instantly. Clearly now the personnel options are different but Rico plus a good crosser would make the best combination.
Hopefully the above named players will soon be ready for selection?
 

Rico Henry

Hopefully the above named players will soon be ready for selection?
Thomas can point to and develop the training for similar relationships within our current squad rather than what I think was the only I spotted previously.

You want a quick player with another who can dribble past defenders and a third who can deliver pin-point crosses (ideally with one or two of them who can shoot!) creating multiple options – often called out as triangles – from the players training together. Rico is the perfect trigger, arriving in an attacking space with the other 1 or 2 knowing to position for him.
 

Rico Henry

Wissa posted this picture to his instagram story 2 hours ago. Looks like Mr Henry in the back. Disappointed he wasn’t named in the recent B team fixture, hope he gets some match time soon.
Yes I do believe you're right. It's an authentic active left wingback. Very rare in these parts.
 

Rico Henry

Yes I do believe you're right. It's an authentic active left wingback. Very rare in these parts.
Depending on the conditions, it is generally seen in flight, at speed, quite low to the ground and has a predominantly red and white plumage. When coming to a halt there can be heard a lengthy call of “Ri-Koh” from others nearby.
 

Rico Henry

Wissa posted this picture to his instagram story 2 hours ago. Looks like Mr Henry in the back. Disappointed he wasn’t named in the recent B team fixture, hope he gets some match time soon.
In my book the fact he didn't play B team yesterday means it's more likely he will be involved Sat. He had the mins last week in a behind closed door game and is now in full training for the match this week.
 

Rico Henry

In my book the fact he didn't play B team yesterday means it's more likely he will be involved Sat. He had the mins last week in a behind closed door game and is now in full training for the match this week.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench for the first month or so when he's back anyway. As good a player as he is, he's not going to be PL-ready immediately and Ajer (LB) and KLP (wing back) have been doing a perfectly decent job in the meantime.
 

Rico Henry

In my book the fact he didn't play B team yesterday means it's more likely he will be involved Sat. He had the mins last week in a behind closed door game and is now in full training for the match this week.
Might have even been a behind closed door friendly for the rest of the B Team who didn't play against Derby?
 

Rico Henry

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench for the first month or so when he's back anyway. As good a player as he is, he's not going to be PL-ready immediately and Ajer (LB) and KLP (wing back) have been doing a perfectly decent job in the meantime.
yep I'm alot more concerned about our lack of options at RB rather than LB.
 

Rico Henry

Might have even been a behind closed door friendly for the rest of the B Team who didn't play against Derby?
The B team are playing on thursday at Ipswich Town U21 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE (7pm)
 

Rico Henry

The B team are playing on thursday at Ipswich Town U21 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE (7pm)
It’s not the B team it’s the U21s. I don’t know if older players can play in this game, someone on here will.
 

Rico Henry

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench for the first month or so when he's back anyway. As good a player as he is, he's not going to be PL-ready immediately and Ajer (LB) and KLP (wing back) have been doing a perfectly decent job in the meantime.
I think he won’t be held on the bench nearly as long as that. He won’t be in the matchday squad at all until fully fit and ready to play. If that’s from the bench it’ll only be because of match fitness and I’d expect him to be starting the next PL game afterwards.

Having been out a year and the team set up being chaanged this season to bear it by playing Ajer at LB in a 4 and KLP in a 5, Rico returning involves a tactical switch and there’s not a game by game rush for his return. So the team will be training to play with him back and he will start as part of that formation/tactic as soon as fit but no sooner.

I hope it’ll be Ipswich where he gets a bench spot and the aim of coming on for 15-20 minutes when the game is well won, we’re pushing everyone up and he can just be there to stop counters with his pace. I’d then want him nowhere near starting v SWFC and to start v Fulham.
 

Rico Henry

I think he won’t be held on the bench nearly as long as that. He won’t be in the matchday squad at all until fully fit and ready to play. If that’s from the bench it’ll only be because of match fitness and I’d expect him to be starting the next PL game afterwards.

Having been out a year and the team set up being chaanged this season to bear it by playing Ajer at LB in a 4 and KLP in a 5, Rico returning involves a tactical switch and there’s not a game by game rush for his return. So the team will be training to play with him back and he will start as part of that formation/tactic as soon as fit but no sooner.

I hope it’ll be Ipswich where he gets a bench spot and the aim of coming on for 15-20 minutes when the game is well won, we’re pushing everyone up and he can just be there to stop counters with his pace. I’d then want him nowhere near starting v SWFC and to start v Fulham.
You may be right...but 13 months is a hell of a long time to be out! I just don't know how long a player would take to retain that sharpness in such a competitive league. Is a 90% match fit Henry better than a 100% match fit Ajer at LB? I'm not sure (number are arbitrary but hopefully you get my point)
 

Rico Henry

You may be right...but 13 months is a hell of a long time to be out! I just don't know how long a player would take to retain that sharpness in such a competitive league. Is a 90% match fit Henry better than a 100% match fit Ajer at LB? I'm not sure (number are arbitrary but hopefully you get my point)
We’re probably agreeing but I think we won’t play Rico as a starter until he’s fully match fit and it would not make sense to shift in set up to do so until then. As we’re not desperate for him there’ll be no temptation for TF to put him in the squad until he’s ready and I think that’ll mean he’s ready to regain match sharpness after a single sub appearance as he’s a very experienced and able player. TF’s done this with him before.
 

Rico Henry

It’s not the B team it’s the U21s. I don’t know if older players can play in this game, someone on here will.
I believe 3 over-age players are permitted.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ITK

Rico Henry

You may be right...but 13 months is a hell of a long time to be out! I just don't know how long a player would take to retain that sharpness in such a competitive league. Is a 90% match fit Henry better than a 100% match fit Ajer at LB? I'm not sure (number are arbitrary but hopefully you get my point)
I imagine he’ll be reintroduced to Premier League games very cautiously but he’s not a player to hold back in training. Maybe on the bench and 30 minutes as sub if the specific game’s not a battleground; then a reverse, with a start and replaced on 60. We’re really not in a position to take too many risks but on the pitch he’ll transform the way we play.
 

Rico Henry

It took Canos awhile to get back to full match fitness after his acl.He played but but we didn't see the best of him untill he'd played quite a few games.
Damsgaard said after he'd recovered from his arthritic illness that he knew what he wanted to do but his body wouldn't react quick enough.

I expect Rico will be similar.With tearing up the wing being the biggest part of his game he'll be gassed out to begin with and have to build it up over time we just need to be patient.
 

Rico Henry

With tearing up the wing being the biggest part of his game
I’d hope defending is the biggest part of his game! Although tearing up the wing may be his biggest contribution to our style of play.
 
Back
Top Bottom