The New Manager Thread

Who do you want as the next manager?

  • Martin Allen

    Votes: 303 51.0%
  • Anyone but Martin Allen

    Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Andy Scott

    Votes: 16 2.7%
  • Steve Cotterill

    Votes: 30 5.1%
  • Liam Daish

    Votes: 32 5.4%
  • Mick Harford

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Ray McFarland

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary Johnson

    Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Paul Fairclough

    Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Neale Cooper

    Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Paul Simpson

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Graham Westley

    Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Alan Devonshire

    Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Chris Hughton

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Scott Marshall

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Keown

    Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Steve Perryman

    Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Adrian Whitbread

    Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Paul Buckle

    Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Nigel Clough

    Votes: 27 4.5%
  • Gary Blissett

    Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Jim Harvey

    Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Anyone but Andy Scott

    Votes: 22 3.7%
  • Mike Newell

    Votes: 51 8.6%

  • Total voters
    594
Status
Not open for further replies.

The New Manager Thread

There will be tears of joy in the Flybee household if he does - of that there's no doubt. Can you imagine the atmosphere if come boxing day Martin Allen's red and white arm is ringing round GP as the team run out?.....:) :) :)

As I'm a new fan I never witnessed Martin Allens reign but having read so many positive posts I'm encouraged to believe that he could get the team out of the mess they find themselves in currently.
 

The New Manager Thread

Alan Devonshire would have got my vote if I hadnt blown it on anyone but Allen, he is doing one hell of a job at H&R plus when they havent got any forwards due to suspensions etc my dad tells me they get a great youngster from the hammers who fits the bill and runs rings round the opposition...so he has contacts too
 

The New Manager Thread

Mike newell in 2nd place in this poll very suprising.......not suprised about who the fans want.......but would martin allen come back??????
 

The New Manager Thread

Martin Allen, Liam Daish, Nigel Clough, Mike Newell

Be happy with any of them !
 

The New Manager Thread

dont want Clough as I dont believe he can cut it, not sure about Daish but the other two would suit me
 

The New Manager Thread

are you lot serious about devonshire or are you living in scandinavia?
 

The New Manager Thread

Having Allen back is like inviting the ex back after she has shagged the nieghbourhood and then walked out on you for the milkman. Shes now been dumped and your eye sight is failing and so is your memory, you want her back for the horizontal dancing and you forget about the rows, the infidelity and the strife, all of which will rear their ugly head within weeks of a fantastic return!

Once the f***fest has stopped she will be the bitch from hell again

What if you hadnt had a bit for 2 years then she becomes free and is possibly up for some? And she is very good at it. You wouldn’t say no. !
 

The New Manager Thread

are you lot serious about devonshire or are you living in scandinavia?



Yes I am serious about AD. All I want is a manager who is passionate enough to get the best of the players we have and be trusted enoughto spend the supposedly 200k which hopefully will be available in January.
We need stability now more than ever, that's one reason why I'm against MA returning. I know that MA got 47% of the votes in the GPG poll, but there was 53% who dont want him back.,which means he doesn't even get an overall majority.
 

The New Manager Thread

Yes I am serious about AD. All I want is a manager who is passionate enough to get the best of the players we have and be trusted enoughto spend the supposedly 200k which hopefully will be available in January.
We need stability now more than ever, that's one reason why I'm against MA returning. I know that MA got 47% of the votes in the GPG poll, but there was 53% who dont want him back.,which means he doesn't even get an overall majority.

So we only appoint a boss with an overall majority out of a list of 20? It'll be a long wait!!!
 

The New Manager Thread

So we only appoint a boss with an overall majority out of a list of 20? It'll be a long wait!!!


Dont be daft. hat's not what I'm saying :rolleyes:
 

The New Manager Thread

Dont be daft. hat's not what I'm saying :rolleyes:

Yes it is. You're saying that the 53% of people who didnt click on MA (in a field of 20) as their first choice dont want him back.... It's a field of 20 FFS
 

The New Manager Thread

What if you hadnt had a bit for 2 years then she becomes free and is possibly up for some? And she is very good at it. You wouldn’t say no. !

Yeah but dont be surprised when after a few days her old lying habits start to creep back in... remember you were the desparate one, she just wanted another shag and you were the nearest mug to satisfy her! If you had some respect you wouldnt even consider it.

I think Allen would be considered more of a clown in footballing circles and I doubt he would get the same calibre of player to play for him than he did before he showed himself up to be a self seeking liar


are you lot serious about devonshire or are you living in scandinavia?

Yes i am and no im not, he is proving a very able manager in the lower leagues with an eye for talent and the contacts still at premiership level, which is more than MA can do
 

The New Manager Thread

Allen was one of the first managers sacked this season, and he has not been appointed since...why?

But along come the Good-ship Benevolent Brentford and they want him back...think why he wasnt snapped up since leaving Leicester and spending sh*t loads, following his leaving of MK Dons with their money which he couldnt turn into promotion (whilst Ince seems to know what to do)
 

The New Manager Thread

have you ever heard the expression "flogging a dead horse"?
 

The New Manager Thread

Allen was one of the first managers sacked this season, and he has not been appointed since...why?
Because he didn't want a job for a while? It took Paul Jewell from the 13th of May to the 28th of November to get a new job. That doesn't mean he's a rubbish manager.
 

The New Manager Thread

Because he didn't want a job for a while? It took Paul Jewell from the 13th of May to the 28th of November to get a new job. That doesn't mean he's a rubbish manager.
ythink?
 

The New Manager Thread

don't ask me, i wanted to unvote for Mads after she left me for another woman.... ;)
 

The New Manager Thread

Because he didn't want a job for a while? It took Paul Jewell from the 13th of May to the 28th of November to get a new job. That doesn't mean he's a rubbish manager.

Jewell publically stated he wanted time off after leaving Wigan, having kept them up, Allen was sacked... I dont think you are comparing like with like, I remember no public statement by Allen saying he was going to take time away from the game, and lets be honest even if he did he would probably be whoring himself to whoever would listen, one drive down the M1 and I am sure there are enough turnoffs for him to pop in on any club for a chat!
 

The New Manager Thread

he would probably be whoring himself
gosh. times must be tight. lol

we are horrible to the poor fella sometimes aren't we? he's only trying to make a living after all. :fishing:
 

The New Manager Thread

Allen doesn't have to tell the world he's taking time off before he takes time off :shrug:
I wonder what it is about football fans that makes them think they're allowed to know every tiny little detail of the lives of anyone involved in the sport.
 

The New Manager Thread

Allen was one of the first managers sacked this season, and he has not been appointed since...why?

But along come the Good-ship Benevolent Brentford and they want him back...think why he wasnt snapped up since leaving Leicester and spending sh*t loads, following his leaving of MK Dons with their money which he couldnt turn into promotion (whilst Ince seems to know what to do)

why was he sacked ?
i believe it was for standing up to mandaric (who tried to buy jimmy floyd hasselhoff behind his back)
 

The New Manager Thread

why was he sacked ?
i believe it was for standing up to mandaric (who tried to buy jimmy floyd hasselhoff behind his back)

I dont know why he was sacked, but he left us because we wouldnt give him the money and by your belief he got annoyed because they wanted to bring in a good striker (which didnt happen I may add, so you wonder the validity of that one)...some people are never happy...
 

The New Manager Thread

Iirc he was sacked from/left Leicester City because he held such crazy outlandish beliefs as that the manager should pick the team, and Milan Mandaric disagreed. You know, that sort of thing.
 

The New Manager Thread

Mike newell in 2nd place in this poll very suprising.......

He's an odd choice. I know managerially his record is good, but overall I fail to see how he is anything other than a complete liability.
 

The New Manager Thread

I am surprised that Simon has created that "news" item regarding MA, does he know more than others??

Heard today from one of the Hampton players that Devonshire is on the shortlist along with Mad Dog
 

The New Manager Thread

I'm sitting here feeling like and old flame has got the hots for me again, not just any old flame though, the old flame who was the best I'd ever had and never truly got over losing. Figuratively speaking of course. Oh how I long to come back to GP and chant those magic words....
MARTIN ALLEN'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!
 

The New Manager Thread

I'm sitting here feeling like and old flame has got the hots for me again, not just any old flame though, the old flame who was the best I'd ever had and never truly got over losing.

I'd quite like him to come back, though I don't think he will.

What I'm wondering though is if anyone else is getting bored stiff with the sub-Holloway 'bird' metaphors littering this thread?
 

The New Manager Thread

I'd quite like him to come back, though I don't think he will.

What I'm wondering though is if anyone else is getting bored stiff with the sub-Holloway 'bird' metaphors littering this thread?

Not really.
 

The New Manager Thread

I think the concern is that with such a strong (and apparently growing) support for the return of Martin Allen, if it doesn't happen - and I can't see for the life of me how it possibly could happen - the new manager could almost be viewed negatively (ie. a sense of real disappointment that it's not Allen) and that's the last thing the club needs for the rest of this season!
 

The New Manager Thread

I think the concern is that with such a strong (and apparently growing) support for the return of Martin Allen, if it doesn't happen - and I can't see for the life of me how it possibly could happen - the new manager could almost be viewed negatively (ie. a sense of real disappointment that it's not Allen) and that's the last thing the club needs for the rest of this season!


No way. I'll be rejoicing
 

The New Manager Thread

in the minority though, that's what you're missing wayfarer, whether you are right or wrong, you ARE in the minority
 

The New Manager Thread

I think the concern is that with such a strong (and apparently growing) support for the return of Martin Allen, if it doesn't happen - and I can't see for the life of me how it possibly could happen - the new manager could almost be viewed negatively (ie. a sense of real disappointment that it's not Allen) and that's the last thing the club needs for the rest of this season!

:imwith:

whoever we get he has to be given a fair crack of the whip even by the MA cult followers.

IMHO
MA showed his limitations last time around but i do believe he has enough to get us promoted from this league. Best case scenario for MA returning would be getting us out of League 2 and then taking a job elsewhere and being replaced by someone with the tactical nous to get us out of League 1!
 

The New Manager Thread

People only think Martin Allen is coming back because they have been told there is the possibility of Martin Allen coming back :yes: If we'd run this poll with no idle speculation :nono: at all then then it'd have a very different outcome :thetruth:
 

The New Manager Thread

BHS M+S all the same !
 

The New Manager Thread

Not Hessenthaler, please!
He's denying rumours that he has applied this time.
I'd be happy with one from Allen, Devonshire, Daish or Newell.
 

The New Manager Thread

I am surprised that Simon has created that "news" item regarding MA, does he know more than others??

Heard today from one of the Hampton players that Devonshire is on the shortlist along with Mad Dog

Made my heart miss a beat when the home page loaded with a picture of MA.

Very dissapointed to see it was just reporting GPG wishful thinking.........

:nono:
 

The New Manager Thread

He's an odd choice. I know managerially his record is good, but overall I fail to see how he is anything other than a complete liability.

Agree 100%
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom